skilled professional certified in math/science education for 4th through 8th graders. knowledge of group leadership, training, behavior modification, problem resolution, verbal/written communication, and strong desire to succeed.
a career in teaching alternative certification program, 05/2007 c 08/2007
- passed texes exam 114 math/science 4 thru 8
bachelor of business administration, 1999 ~ stephen f. austin university, nacogdoches, texas
teaching related experience
kid's choice daycare (bear creek area)
- read to 6 to12yrs old children and taught them simple painting, drawing, handicrafts, and songs.
- supported 4 to12 children s emotional and social development, encouraging understanding of others and positive self-concepts.
- disciplined children and recommended or initiated other measures to control behavior, such as caring for own clothing and picking up toys and books.
- helped children with homework and school work.
- identified signs of emotional or developmental problems in children and bring them to parents' attention.
- kept records on individual children, including daily observations and information about activities, meals served, and medications administered.
- observed and monitored children's play activities.
- participated in recreational activities, such as games and stored toys to ensure order in activity areas.
ups, conroe, texas
hazmat responder, 8/2007 c present
- respond to emergency incidents to mitigate and contain hazardous materials releases and petroleum spills and direct clean-up activities to ensure public safety and eliminate or minimize environmental damage.
waste management, houston / pasadena, texas
port-o-let route manager, 2006 c 2007
- led the success of all delivery and service truck drivers for waste management/port-o-let in houston / metro area by handling operations and supplies procurement.
waste management of arkansas, texarkana, tx
senior route manager, 2005 c 2006
- streamlined operations by supporting employees, promoting safety, shift scheduling for 20+ workers, and budgeting.
specialty sand company, houston, texas, 1999 c 2004
plant manager, 2001 c 2004
- oversaw the productivity of 20+ staff members; handled personnel management tasks such as hiring, firing, training, testing, compliance, reviews and bonuses.
- achieved j. h. holmes gold safety award for 90% of plant in 2004 by promoting, training, and practicing high standards of workplace safety and rewarding safe workers.
outside sales representative, 2000 c 2001
- trained 2 sales personnel.
office & plant intern, 1999 c 2000
- maintained day-to-day operations by dispatching drivers, accepting and entering orders, processing collections, researching invoice disputes and training dispatchers.
<title, name of hiring manager>
<name of school district>
<city, state, zip>
dear <courtesy><last name>,
my passion for shaping the minds and cerebral abilities of students is what drives me to understand that i would be a valuable asset to your institution. therefore, to follow is my r sum in support of my pursuit for the position of <position> at <school or district name>. certification teaching students in the 4th - 8th grades in math and science, merged with my experience teaching young children has properly prepared me for this respective position. i even use my own education to contribute to the learning of students. performing above expectation comes natural for me as i have discovered that an ambitious drive leads, often times, to successes.
my teaching style is ever-changing. i am continually adapting and growing to best meet the needs of my students. it is imperative that, as an instructor, i get to know their strengths, interests, talents, and ways in which they learn. learning occurs through hands-on activities, real-life experiences, and the use of manipulatives. i resolve to teach my students where they are academically and take them as far as they can go. my goal is to influence as many students as possible with my optimistic attitude, which serves as the catalyst for dynamic student performance. in a perfect world, all students perform well, and as idealistic as this may seem, i consistently go above and beyond to realize this goal one student at a time. appreciating the value of learning differences guides me in encouraging students to realize their own value and develop into confident scholars despite any learning difficulties.
my intent is to be a motivating, goal-oriented educator, devoted to using a structured classroom to make a categorical difference in the lives of students. an ability to create an atmosphere conducive to active learning and exploration is my specialty. i will remain dedicated to students social, educational, and life-skill development by providing an interactive learning environment. i lead by example when i motivate students to overcome obstacles and reach their full potential using age-appropriate, creative and exciting lessons, intriguing manipulatives, and positive reinforcements. it never seems to be difficult to establish positive relations with students and colleagues with diverse backgrounds, based on my dynamic interpersonal and communication skills.
in conclusion, i invite more conversation about how my qualifications and teaching experience will contribute positively to your institution s academic performance. thank you for your time and consideration. i look forward to hearing from you soon.
michael l. mitchell
Remember: Hire Us To Write YOUR New Resume
And We GUARANTEE That If You’re Not Working In 60 Days Or Less,
We’ll Revise Your Resume, Refund Your Money,
AND Give You $50 EXTRA!