patient-focused certified nursing assistant and home health aide with experience offering holistic care to acute and chronically ill patients. effectively advise patients on health maintenance and disease prevention and provide quality case management. skilled in burgeoning clinical functions. remain consistently informed on nursing industry trends. vast knowledge of emerging technologies in healthcare development and hospital charting systems. skillfully assess the healthcare needs of multi-cultural patients to develop and maintain medical records. solidify strategic alliances and build consensus across multiple healthcare organization levels.
nicu / telemetry / icu
college of the desert, palm desert, ca, 2001 ~ associates degree in nursing, in progress
university of phoenix online - phoenix, az, 2006 ~ general education
certification and licensure
california registered nurse (pending), 01/2010
certified home health aide, 2003
emergency medical technician, 2003
certified nurse assistant, 2001
desert regional medical center, palm springs, ca
staffing coordinator nursing administration, 2003 c 2005
- planned, directed, and coordinated human resource management activities of an organization to maximize the strategic use of human resources and maintain staffing functions.
- analyzed statistical data and reports to identify and determine causes of personnel problems and develop recommendations for improvement of organization's staffing practices.
- collaborated with directors of nursing and house supervisors to maintain records and compile statistical reports concerning staffing-related data such as hires, transfers, performance appraisals, and absenteeism rates.
hospital unit coordinator
- consistently collaborated with physicians, nursing, and diagnostic units to maintain short and long-term operational goals.
- proficient at data entry, chart preparation, and record maintenance.
- interacted with physicians and other nursing professionals to assess patient behavior, prepare charts, maintain records, and enter patient data.
certified nursing assistant
- provided basic patient care under direction of nursing staff; performed duties, such as feed, bathe, dress, groom, or move patients, or change linens.
- engaged in intense and high pressure situations; remained emotionally stable and kept a sympathetic disposition toward the mental/emotional needs of patients/families.
- interacted with medical professionals including physicians and other nursing professionals to assess patient behavior and determine the effect of medications.
- performed within on 2, 3, 4, and 5 sinatra, 3 east, 4 east, pediatrics, nicu, postpartum, and acute rehab through the float pool.
page 1 of 2
page 2 of 2
mental health worker
- counseled with emphasis on prevention and worked with individuals and groups to promote optimum mental health.
- assisted individuals deal with suicide; stress management; problems with self-esteem; and issues associated with aging and mental and emotional health.
- advised groups to assist them in understanding, dealing with, and handling personal mental abilities.
hoffman and leman s nursing registry, sun city, ca
certified nursing assistant, 2001 c 2003
- provided patient care by changing bed linen, applying dressings, bathing, feeding, transportation, and emotional support of patients.
- assisted patients with help walking, exercising, and moving in and out of bed; restrained patients if necessary.
- transported patients to treatment facilities, using a wheelchair or stretcher and turned and repositioned bedridden patients, alone or with assistance, to prevent bedsores.
- worked as part of a medical team that examined and treated outpatients.
monterey palms health care, palm desert, ca
certified nursing assistant, 2001 c 2002
- provided transportation, assistance, and companionship; administered prescribed oral medications under direction of physician or as directed by home care nurses and aides.
- changed bed linens, washed and ironed patients' laundry, and cleaned patients' quarters.
private home health care, palm desert, ca
home health aide, 2000
- provided patients and families with emotional support and instruction in areas such as preparing healthy meals, living independently, or adapting to disability or illness.
- assisted patients with help moving in and out of beds, baths, wheelchairs, or automobiles, and with dressing and grooming.
- performed a variety of duties as requested by client, such as obtaining household supplies or running errands; prepared or served meals to patients according to prescribed diets.
morongo paradise extended care, morongo valley, ca
nursing aide, 1998 c 1999
- headed up and facilitated activities of daily living for clients in an assisted living community.
Remember: Hire Us To Write YOUR New Resume
And We GUARANTEE That If You’re Not Working In 60 Days Or Less,
We’ll Revise Your Resume, Refund Your Money,
AND Give You $50 EXTRA!