Yyyyyy x. yyyyyy
0000 xxxxxx xxxx , xxxx , xxxxx 00000
Phone: (xxx-xxx-xxxx firstname.lastname@example.org
~ Dedicated CPA Candidate and Finance Manager with sharp analytical, accounting
and management talents eager to partner with a dynamic company in significantly enhancing bottom-line
fiscal performance. ~
Areas of Expertise
Financial Analysis Accounting Management Compliance
P&L Management Expense Tracking Process Improvements
Team Building & Leadership Identifying Cost Savings Budget Administration
Uncovered $1M in savings for SCI in Texas by enhancing Purchase-To-Pay and Contract-To-Cash supply chain processes via Six Sigma/Lean methods.
Slashed expenses for Praxair by $5M region-wide and introduced finance and business processes which reduced DSO from 144 to 120 days.
Saved $500K and reduced long-term debt for Praxair through negotiating buy-out settlements on facility/equipment/contracts including one contract valued at $100K for services never performed.
Simplified transaction processing at Universal Weather and Aviation to reduce carrying costs of debt and company G&A expenditures.
Meticulously audited company payables and receivables and determined solutions to reduce receivables at Universal Weather and Aviation by two days and increase payables by three days.
Devised process at Reliant Energy to reduce delinquent accounts by 40%.
US Oncology, Texas, 2009 to 2010
Associate Director, Finance Operations
- Proficiently managed budgeting, financial and pricing analysis and reporting functions for 15 business units representing ~$3B in revenues.
- Handled $3B budget, devised three-year forecast/plan, directing multiple personnel, and piloted several initiatives to maximize company profitability.
- Directed project team in creating 13-month rolling cash flow forecast.
- Automated existing financial and operational functions to reduce costs, refocus efforts on core analyses, and expedite/streamline forecasting and budgeting.
- Partnered with A/R and A/P Director to enhance management of company s cash needs when making large pharmaceutical purchases.
SCI, Texas, 2008 to 2009
Accounting / Finance Manager
- Led financial reporting, budgeting, and forecasting for $2B company, actively contributing to journal entries, balancing of accounts, and verifying compliance with GAAP and SOX.
- Largely contributed to A/R and collections, revenue and account reconciliations, consolidations into multi-ledger, and balance sheet reserve requirement analyses.
- Verified proper recognition of tax implications on asset dispositions or additions, and determined which assets could be capitalized versus expensed.
Yyyyyy x. yyyyyy ~ Page 2 of 2
- Produced various accounting schedules and information for 10-Q and 10-K for external reporting.
- Directed and mentored team of accountants, senior accountants, and supervisors.
Praxair Healthcare Services, Texas, 2006 to 2008
Finance Manager C South Region
- Oversaw $100M region with full accountability for budget, forecasting, A/P, A/R, and cash management.
- Managed financial and CAPEX budget for 50+ branches.
- Tightened A/R collections policy and tested reserve requirements on balance sheet to reduce bad debt exposure and fortify adherence to GAAP.
- Participated in analyzing and optimizing supply chain processes related to inventory, vehicle fleet, capital expenditures, and process flows.
- Conducted forecasting and variance analysis to plan.
- Served as Regional Collections Manager to resolve high-dollar unpaid accounts and escalated issues.
Accenture, Texas, 2005 to 2006
Corporate Finance Manager
- Provided financial analysis and decision support to top-level executives for $16B company.
- Supported external financial reporting for investment analysts, Wall Street, shareholders, and general public, and provided due diligence and financial/business analysis on several projects.
- Identified a 12% margin decrease for operating group.
Universal Weather and Aviation, Inc., Texas, 2004 to 2005
- Managed and participated in development of $600M company budget.
- Oversaw reporting including analysis of consolidations into multi-ledger, company financial condition, including cash flow, breakeven ROA, G&A, and actual vs. budget variance analysis
- Audited different locations to ensure compliance with corporate and regulatory criteria.
- Revised collections and billing procedures to ensure working capital was not impacted by slow pay customers and/or in-house invoicing.
- Recommended internal control solutions to minimize risk of fraud.
Prior background includes role as Senior Analyst for Reliant Energy, Texas.
Sam Houston State University, Huntsville, Texas:
Master of Business Administration (MBA), 2002
Management Specialization; Concentrations in Finance and Accounting
Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA), 2001
Concentrations in Accounting & Finance
CPA credential in progress
PeopleSoft, Lawson, Hyperion, Cognos, Oracle, Microsoft Office Suite, SAP R/3, BW, BeX
Remember: Hire Us To Write YOUR New Resume
And We GUARANTEE That If You’re Not Working In 60 Days Or Less,
We’ll Revise Your Resume, Refund Your Money,
AND Give You $50 EXTRA!