results-driven manager eager to contribute expertise in driving operations, business development, p&l, and team building initiatives toward actively collaborating with a dynamic organization in maximizing bottom-line performance.
professional development / general management / teambuilding & leadership / vendor relations
food & beverage budgeting / market penetration / menu development
inventory management / divisional growth oversight / business development
strategic planning / relationship management
general manager, 2008 to present
new yorker deli, smyrna, ga
- successfully train, coordinate, and lead high-performance team instrumental to company's overall performance; direct staff training, inter-department communications, and staff scheduling.
- promote an atmosphere that insured the company mission statement by using strong attention to detail, leadership skills, and the ability to effectively deal with patrons and staff.
- engage in personnel management tasks such as interviewing, hiring, supervision, employee evaluations, disciplinary actions, and termination if necessary for 12+ staff members.
- remain an important source on standard operational procedures, financial, and service issues.
- accountable for all food and beverage costs; track inventory fluctuations and requisition vendors as necessary, inspect quality of goods, and pursue strong professional vendor relations.
- implement a keen fiscal oversight ability to manage and monitor food costs, labor costs, and actual versus budgeted costs.
field operation manager, 2000 to 2008
au bon pain/bp wild bean caf , boston, ma
- demonstrated project oversight by facilitating rollout of 100 wild bean cafes.
- addressed all operations management concerns for 46 caf s with a focus on strategic, tactical, and short-term operation management such as serv-safe training, quarterly qsr audits, and distributor relations.
- enhanced the professional development of managers, csrs, bakers, and field consultants in other markets through effective staff training strategies.
- assessed and mitigated food costs by reducing shrinkage, administrating food and beverage budgets, and maintaining control over food/beverage inventory fluctuations.
- collaborated with new franchisees to formulate standard operational procedures in line with corporate objectives and image for each franchise; advised owners on proven methods of run successful businesses.
food & beverage director, 1998 to 2000
doubletree hotel, atlanta, ga
- supervised the performance of food & beverage staff and took appropriate action to correct deficient conditions, behavior, and practices in an award winning hotel.
- liaised with doubletree and au bon pain corporate headquarters while during the launch of new properties; resolved any deviations to established food/beverage departmental standards.
- produced schedules for employees in accordance with staffing guides/productivity requirements; adjusted staffing daily to ensure optimum staffing levels.
- monitored food/beverage consumption and inventory replacement; supported general manager in budgeting functions.
- penetrated new markets through the rollout of a very successful outside catering program.
assistant general manager
- designed operation and improvement of the systems by suggesting better practices during weekly staff meeting with department leaders.
- maintain a consistent understanding of the happenings behind the company's core operations including a/r reconciliation, expense mitigation, and annual budget administration.
- ensured that hotel operations were efficient and effective and oversaw the management of resources, the distribution of services to customers, and the analysis of internal systems.
catering manager, 1995 to 1998
san gennaro italian restaurant, atlanta, ga
- recruited/trained permanent and casual staff; organized, lead and motivated the catering team.
- oversaw the management of facilities, e.g. checking event bookings and allocation of resources/staff.
- kept abreast of trends and developments in the industry such as menus, trends in consumer tastes and management issues.
- planned new promotions and initiatives, and contributed to business development.
- kept financial and administrative records; maintained stock levels and ordered new supplies as required.
- engaged in account development through aggressive phone solicitation and outside sales calls.
catering manager/food & beverage director for holiday inn select, clearwater, fl
director of catering, clearwater beach hilton, clearwater beach, fl
<<first name>> <<last name>>
<<street address, suite #>>
<<city, state zip code>>
dear <<courtesy>> <<last name>>,
it is with great confidence that i offer my years of high-level operations management experience and strong ability in organizational leadership to your organization. as i pursue the <<position title>> within <<company name>>, i recognize that my credentials and experience would greatly assist in reaching future goals and objectives.
experience as general manager, field operations manager, food/beverage director, and assistant general manager is the basis for my confidence that i would be a valuable asset to your organization. my career history consists of vast experience in operations oversight. i consistently communicate the corporate vision to the internal members of the organization so that everyone understands their role in achieving these goals, ensuring that the action steps are taken to ensure that goals are met and developing action plans to achieve those goals. thereafter, i prepare recommendations for improvements, controls, new methods, and other changes to improve the efficiency of operations.
during my career, i ve gained notable experience leading and training other employees in the appropriate procedures related to the overall administration of an economic enterprise. my professional background also includes a proven expertise in food and beverage operations, inventory management, budgeting, staff training and interpreting complex rules and regulations, and effectively communicating with other members of upper management and personnel, verbally and in writing.
as my career has progressed, i find that many of my duties require coordinating operations of a complex, interrelated, and interdependent nature, where unknowns and numerous contingency factors are involved. with this experience, i formulate policies and procedures relevant to daily operational and special organizational programs based on information of a conceptual nature from varied and complex sources. with vast knowledge of the principles and techniques of administrative management including organization, planning, staffing, training, budgeting, and reporting, and a strong background in fiscal planning, budgeting, and management that i bring to your organization.
my aptitude for evaluating complex problems and reviewing related information to develop viable solutions would be of great use to your organization. i welcome more discussion about how my skills can help in meeting the goals and objective of your organization. until then, should you have any additional questions feel free to contact me at your convenience.
yyyyyy x. yyyyyy
Remember: Hire Us To Write YOUR New Resume
And We GUARANTEE That If You’re Not Working In 60 Days Or Less,
We’ll Revise Your Resume, Refund Your Money,
AND Give You $50 EXTRA!