Senior-level Structural Engineer and Project Manager eager to contribute extensive talents toward supporting a dynamic employer in optimizing bottom-line performance and achieving goals and objectives.
Seasoned background in project planning, scheduling, budgeting, bid analysis and review, project monitoring and cost analysis for design and construction of hospitals, healthcare facilities, industrial facilities, institutional buildings, commercial complexes, bridges, and residential housing.
Significant skills in research and development, conducting feasibility studies, and preparing reports to support management in making investment decisions pertaining to projects such as ready-mix concrete plants, concrete block and tile factory, and pre-cast concrete plants.
Advanced knowledge of International building codes, and adept at 3D structural analysis and design using RAM Advance, RAM Structural System and slab design with RAM Concept.
Relied upon to provide consultative guidance for design and development of major industrial steel buildings such as pulp and paper mills, thermal power plants, and sugar factories including foundation for machinery.
Leverage outstanding problem solving expertise to minimize change orders, rapidly diagnose flaws and failures, and coordinate repairs and rehabilitation of structures.
Proficiency in structural software such as ICES STRUDL, SAP, ETABS, pcaColumn, PCA Mat.
Proven talents in teaching engineering students and delivering lectures to practising engineers in subjects spanning building construction, building materials, analysis, design and construction, etc.
- Authored over 75 technical papers and reports published in Indian and International Journals.
Ph.D., Structural Engineering C University of Alabama, Alabama
M.S., Structural Engineering C Indian Institute of Technology, Madras, India
B.S., Civil Engineering C University of Madras, India
Chartered Engineer, India
E.I.T., Alabama State Board of Professional Engineers and Land Surveyors, Alabama
Professional Engineer registration pending (exam complete) C Georgia State Board of Professional Engineers
Engineering Design Technologies Inc., Marietta, GA, 2007 to 2009
Senior Structural Engineer
Alfarooq Classroom expansion, Atlanta, GA
- Analyzed and created design to add two stories to three-story school building consisting of concrete shear walls in basement, braced steel frames, and steel beams and joists for floor and roof.
New Hope Medical Office Building, Duluth, GA
- Spearheaded design/build project involving analysis, design and detailing of foundation for four-story building using pre-cast and pre-stressed wall panels and double tee units for floors and roof.
- Resourcefully designed and detailed 60 high rotunda structure in structural steel and mansard roof.
Page 2 of 2 ~ Yyyyyy x. yyyyyy
Laurel Commons Commercial Building, Smyrna, GA
- Thoroughly reviewed design drawings and responded to RFIs for two-story building using steel columns, steel joists and steel beams for floor and wooden trusses for roof.
2nd Medical Recruiting Battalion Building, Redstone, AL
Hearing Test Building, Fort Jackson, SC
Neighborhood Union Health Center, Fulton County, Atlanta, GA
2nd Recruiting Brigade Operations Building, Redstone, AL
- Played a key role in design/build projects for steel-braced gable structures including foundations, columns, steel joists and steel decking, examined complex shop drawings, and compiled responses to RFIs.
Parking Shed Building #965, Dobson AFB, Marietta, GA
- Actively contributed to project featuring assessment and design of foundations for pre-engineered metal structure framed building.
Tucker Branch Library and Stonecrest Branch Library, Dekalb County, GA
- Expertly designed single-story braced steel cable structures comprised of up to 36,000 sq.ft. of built-up area, and detailed reinforced concrete retaining walls for site detention pond.
Maynard Holbrook Jackson, Jr. International Terminal, Embankment and Utilities Relocation C Phase 3 at Hartsfield Jackson Atlanta International Airport
- Performed validation of existing mechanically stabilized earth (MSE) retaining walls and established design specifications and guidelines for new 40 high MSE retaining walls.
- Applied a sharp eye for detail in designing foundations for Passenger Boarding Bridges.
South River Tunnel, City of Atlanta, GA
- Proficiently detailed ancillary structures (i.e. shallow circle diversion structure, Jonesboro intake inlet structure and shallow circle vortex flow inlet structure) for sewage system.
Civil/Structural Engineer, J.M. Hillman and Associates, Cullman, Alabama, 2007
Project Technical Manager, Al Qasseem National Hospital, Buraidah, Saudi Arabia, 1998 to 2006
Structural Department Head, Saudi Real Estate Company, Riyadh, Saudi Arabia, 1989 to 1998
Assistant Director, Structural Engineering Research Center, Madras, India, 1982 to 1989
- Championed analysis, design and detailing for commercial and residential complexes such as:
- $100M Al Megleya Commercial Complex, Riyadh
- $60M Saudi Embassy Buildings at Abu Dhabi, Bharain, Doha, and Muscat
- $58M Ulaya Shopping Centre III, Riyadh
- $64M housing project at Diplomatic Quarters, Riyadh
- Exercised exceptional project management talents to perform structural analysis and design of major concrete and steel bridges associated with Alabama Department of Transportation such as interchange bridges, railroad overpass, and river-crossing bridges including substructure.
Led and participated in research and development concerning pre-stressed concrete beams for bridges and devised design procedures for those applicable to Alabama Department of Transportation.
Critically reviewed, modified and approved designs for large diameter pre-stressed concrete non-cylinder pipes and other ancillary structures such as river-crossing bridges, balancing tanks and water treatment plants for a 280 km long metro water supply project.
Fellow, American Society of Civil Engineers
Fellow, Institution of Engineers, Calcutta, India
Life Member, Indian Concrete Institute, Madras, India
Remember: Hire Us To Write YOUR New Resume
And We GUARANTEE That If You’re Not Working In 60 Days Or Less,
We’ll Revise Your Resume, Refund Your Money,
AND Give You $50 EXTRA!