Procurement Specialist/Materials Manager eager to contribute expertise in steering purchasing operations and controlling inventories toward actively supporting a dynamic organization in controlling costs and boosting profits.
Significant experience in purchasing, operations, and inventory control for the electronics and technology industry. Adept at managing suppliers and enforcing quality compliance. Conscientious and diligent with a polished blend of scheduling, planning, prioritization, analytical, and time management capabilities. Reputation for superior initiative, establishing a cooperative climate across multiple departments, and identifying opportunities which will result in long-term benefits for the employer. Appreciated for strong communication and negotiation skills, a solid work ethic, and expertise in staff training. Efficiently develop and execute strategic policies, procedures, and processes to elevate performance and fortify vendor relations.
- Created and introduced consignment program that eliminated lead time for critical components.
Excel in managing procurement functions for annual inventory valued at $15M+.
Championed consistent reductions in annual material costs for RF Power Products, saving more than $1.2M in 1993.
Successfully designed and installed innovative material flow system at RF Power Products that sustained an average of 98% completion at time of pull to production floor.
Substantially reduced production costs by strategically planning, coordinating and establishing offshore sourcing of printed circuit boards while maintaining high quality standards.
Negotiated payment terms and discounts/rebates to capture $70K savings in six months for Infotron.
Proactively deployed dock-to-stock program at Infotron improving material handling and flow, and reducing paperwork.
Swemco, Moorestown, NJ, 2007 to 2009
Customer Account Manager
- Spearheaded customer account management functions inclusive of quotes, ordering materials, and scheduling production floor operations.
- Directed, motivated and supervised cross-functional team in driving quality assurance.
Yyyyyy x. yyyyyy ~ Page 2 of 2
Professional Experience continued
Self-employed, 2005 to 2007
Real Estate Developer
- Launched and operated small real estate development company, holding full accountability for budget administration, business planning, client/customer relations, and profit and loss management.
Dataram Corporation, Princeton, NJ, 1998 to 2005
Materials Manager (2000 to 2005)
- Earned promotion based on proven performance and results and tasked with overseeing production control by determining availability and coordinating/rectifying existing backlog.
- Exercised considerable organizational strengths toward scheduling new opportunities.
Corporate Procurement Manager (1998 to 2000)
- Steered purchasing operations and traveled to offshore suppliers to validate quality, obtain best price, and expedite product delivery.
- Controlled costs and enhanced efficiency by establishing four consignment hubs.
- Proficiently administered inventory control requiring significant attention to detail due to fluctuating prices.
RF Power Products, Voorhees, NJ, 1992 to 1998
Applied dynamic leadership talents toward directing, supervising and coaching six employees in purchasing and inventory control of $10M+ in raw and OEM material annually.
Resourcefully overhauled department staffing structure to accommodate rapid company growth.
Fostered, nurtured and maintained cohesive vendor relationships to optimize inventory levels and enhance supplier performance and reliability.
Considerably boosted efficiency by establishing and launching JIT pull system with five key suppliers to accelerate daily deliveries.
Prior background includes role as Purchasing Manager for Infotron Systems Corporation, Cherry Hill, New Jersey.
BS Degree in Management with High Honors, Rutgers University, Camden, NJ,1993
Remember: Hire Us To Write YOUR New Resume
And We GUARANTEE That If You’re Not Working In 60 Days Or Less,
We’ll Revise Your Resume, Refund Your Money,
AND Give You $50 EXTRA!