task-oriented tooling and design engineering professional with 20+ years of proven knowledge and extensive training in design, development, and manufacturing of composite products. dynamic communicator and persuasive speaker, able to forge meaningful associations with clients, colleagues, and management. talent to consistently meet project objectives. demonstrated leadership and teambuilding for developing plans that successfully meet the objectives of an organization.
technical competencies: microsoft powerpoint and excel; autocad 2006 and rhino 3d; ce certification and nmma certification
demonstrated leadership skills resulting in staffing and training of tooling team which tripled in size in 2 years allowing the company to keep all new product development in-house. (caravelle)
completed ce certification and nmma certification and attended nmma and abyc compliance conferences and seminars. (caravelle)
selected to represent organizations during trade and retail shows based on strong product knowledge. (page design and united marine)
tooling/hull designer, 03/2008 c 12/2009 ~ delta marine, seattle, wa
design engineer/tooling manager, 04/2007 - 03/2008 ~ san juan yachts, anacortes, wa
- utilized exceptional tooling experience to produce 2d/3d models when tooling yacht composites.
- generated specific cad sketches by consistently collaborating with the production personnel.
- laminate layers of fiberglass to form boat decks and design hulls utilizing infusion molding.
- directed the professional success of tooling teams, design teams, and engineering teams.
product development manager, 07/2003 c 03/2007 ~ caravelle marine, americus, ga
- verified the integrity and validity of composite hull designs and subsequently tested products to ensure compliance with regulatory bodies.
- trusted to represent the image and products of caravelle in a professional and tactful manner at trade and retail shows.
project manager, 10/1997 - 07/2003 ~ page design group, gallatin, tn
- consistently allowed client input during tooling phase to ensure complete compliance with customers needs and plans.
- produced plugs and molds for composite boat manufacturing including the design and engineering of new products.
tooling manager, 04/1995 - 08/1997 ~ united marine, wautseka, il
- held accountable for the manufacture of plugs and molds for production boats and also functioned in the final assembly and lamination departments.
tooling manager, marada powerboats, irvine, ky
tooling lead, cheetah boats, pleasantview, tn
murray state university, murray, ky ~ bachelor's degree, 1992
professional development: plug and mold building / gel-coating / composite lamination / 3d modeling and rendering
<<first name>> <<last name>>
<<street address, suite #>>
<<city, state zip code>>
dear <<courtesy>> <<last name>>,
it is with great confidence that i offer 20+ years of experience in leadership, project management, and teambuilding to your organization. as i pursue the <<position title>> within <<company name>>, i recognize that my credentials and experience would greatly assist in reaching future goals and objectives.
experience as tooling manager, design engineer, and project manager is the basis for my confidence that i would be a valuable asset to your organization. my career history consists of vast experience in managing the operations consistent with the recognition of continued success in an organization. throughout my career, i consistently communicate the company s vision to the internal members of the organization so that everyone understands their role in achieving these goals, ensuring that the action steps are taken to ensure those goals are met. additionally, i often advise management on my prepared recommendations for improvements in policies, controls, and new methods, effectively communicating with other members of the team also, verbally and in writing.
during my career, i ve gained notable experience leading and training other employees in the appropriate procedures necessary for meeting the project management needs of an economic enterprise. my aptitude for evaluating complex problems and reviewing related information to develop viable solutions would be of great use to your organization.
i welcome more discussion about how my skills can help in meeting the goals and objective of your organization. until then, should you have any additional questions feel free to contact me at your convenience.
yyyyyy x. yyyyyy
Remember: Hire Us To Write YOUR New Resume
And We GUARANTEE That If You’re Not Working In 60 Days Or Less,
We’ll Revise Your Resume, Refund Your Money,
AND Give You $50 EXTRA!