~ PhD Candidate And Licensed Radiologic Technologist
Eager To Join The Barton School Of Radiology At New York Methodist Hospital
As Program Director Of Radiology Program. ~
Excellent academic credentials, solid teaching experience and outstanding clinical skills.
20+ years of progressive experience in radiography spanning diverse roles such as staff technologist, supervisor, manager and assistant director.
Close to a decade of management experience with sharp talents in policy writing, steering regulatory compliance, enforcing quality control and assurance, and maintaining budgets.
Tutored foreign and American graduates for radiography registry examination.
Substantial experience in directing full-scope radiology department operations.
Excel in classroom facilitation, student relations, mentoring, and project management.
Accurately and objectively evaluate diagnostic skills and aptitude of students, and provide constructive feedback and guidance.
Walden University Online:
Ph.D., (in progress) Major in Public Health-Epidemiology
Dissertation topic: Association Between Job strain and Hypertension in a Cross-section of New York Pharmacists
M.S., Public Health, Major: Community Health, 2008
Devry University, Keller Graduate School of Management, Long Island City, New York
M.B.A (with distinction), Major: Management, 2004
Brooklyn College (CUNY), Brooklyn, New York
B.S., Accounting, 2000
Hostos Community College (CUNY), Bronx, New York
A.A.S., Radiological Science and Technology, 1987
NYC College of Technology, City University of New York, Brooklyn, NY, 2010 to Present
- Administer Clinical Radiology I curriculum encompassing Imaging of the Chest, Abdomen, Upper and Lower Extremities and Clinical Radiology II to educate students in Imaging of the Spine, Skull, Pelvis, Stomach, Colon, and Urinary System.
Yyyyyy x. yyyyyy, Page 2 of 3
Professional Experience continued
Lincoln Hospital, Bronx, New York, 2006 to Present
Coordinating Manager, Radiology
- Spearhead radiology department operations by efficiently monitoring and administering PACS, ensuring consistent compliance with JCAHO criteria, and directing workflow to successfully meet needs of Level I Trauma Center.
- Apply dynamic leadership skills toward supervising, managing and mentoring seven x-ray technologists, five ultrasound technologists and three administrative personnel.
- Closely monitor staff time and attendance, conduct meetings and in-services as required, prepare and submit regular reports.
Kingsbrook Jewish Medical Center, Brooklyn, New York, 2000 to 2009
Assistant Director of Radiology (2006 to 2009)
- Steered daily operations of radiology department inclusive of JCAHO compliance, policy and procedure development, and quality assurance program for mammography, diagnostic X-ray, CT and MRI.
- Cost-effectively administered salary and expense budget and held accountability for hiring and training.
- Proactively facilitated cohesive efforts among all departments to ensure high quality patient care.
- Directly managed two technical supervisors, one office manager, and four nurses, while overseeing total staff of 60 (technologists, nurses, administrative employees and supervisors).
- Modified staffing and schedules to expedite ultrasound turnaround and reduce overtime.
- Directed seamless installation of new CT, MRI, and x-ray equipment and trained staff in equipment use.
- Co-directed implementation of PACS, power scribe, scheduling.com and Syngo RIS.
- Served as active member of Emergency Management and Environment of Care Committees.
- Monitored, analyzed and renewed service contracts, diligently ensuring and maximizing cost control.
CT-Diagnostic Supervisor (2000 to 2006)
Orchestrated compliant and cost-effective radiology department operations by defining and enforcing QA procedures, managing equipment maintenance, devising employee schedules, and administering payroll.
Meticulously maintained departmental QA record-keeping and assisted in preparations for JCAHO and State inspections.
Leveraged considerable critical thinking abilities to conduct annual performance evaluations for 50+ members.
Played a lead role in quarterly radiation safety meetings and monitored staff compliance with radiation safety policies.
Prior background includes roles as CT Technologist at Maimonides Medical Center, Brooklyn, New York, 1990 to 2006 and Staff Technologist at Wyckoff Heights Medical Center, Brooklyn, New York, 1990 to 2003 and Kings County Hospital Center, Brooklyn, New York, 1987 to 1990.
Careers in Radiology - Presented to high school seniors visiting Kingsbrook Hospital, March, 2009
Radiologic Technology Career Pathways - Presented to students of Intermediate School 232, July, 2008
MRI Safety Basics - Presented to Radiology Staff at Kingsbrook Hospital, June, 2008
Yyyyyy x. yyyyyy, Page 3 of 3
Spiral CT Protocols - Presented to CT Staff at Kingsbrook, July, 2007
Radiology Services offered at Kingsbrook Medical Center - Presented to Community Board, August, 2006.
Repeat-reject Analysis in a Film-less Imaging Environment - Presented to Radiology Supervisors and QA Technologists at Kingsbrook Hospital, July, 2006.
Starting Your Own Business - Presented to community members at Rogers S.D.A Church in collaboration with Dr. Michael Hamlet, Dr. Leroy Daley, and Mr. Ritchie Donald, June, 2006
Quality Assurance in Mammography: A Review - Kingsbrook Hospital Mammography QA Staff - November, 2003.
Licensed Radiologic Technologist
Certified CT Technologist-licensed to inject
American Society of Radiologic Technologists
American Health Care Radiology Administrators
AICPA (American Institute of Certified Public Accountants)
APHA (American Public Health Association)
2008 to Present:
- Using Medical Imaging to Decipher Autism
- Imaging Diabetes
- Medical Imaging Looks Inside Depression
- Adrenal Gland Disorders
- Radiation Biology and Protection
- Pain Management Imaging
- Shaken Baby Syndrome: Diagnosis and Treatment
- Gallbladder Disease: Imaging and Treatment
- Patient Centered Care
- The Many Faces of Dementia
- Thyroid Cancer in Adults
- Sarcoidosis: A Primer
- Imaging in Podiatry
- Preventing Drug-resistant Infections in Health Care
(Hiring Agent Name)
The Bartone School of Radiography-New York Methodist Hospital
Please accept this letter and accompanying resume in application for the Program Director opportunity that is currently available with The Bartone School of Radiography at New York Methodist Hospital. In advance, thank you for your time and consideration.
I bring to you outstanding academic credentials including a PhD in progress, a seasoned career in radiology, and solid teaching experience. My current role as Adjunct Lecturer at NYC College of Technology, City University of New York where I teach clinical radiology further demonstrates how I am an ideal candidate for this role. To complement these qualifications, I offer extensive organizational, leadership, budgeting, and communication skills which are paramount as a program manager.
As a proactive contributor to The Bartone School of Radiography, you will find me to be a stellar leader committed to supporting you in achieving your objectives through superior self-initiative, unparalleled resourcefulness, and well-developed instructional abilities. I am confident that I am an ideal candidate for this role, and look forward to interviewing with you in the near future.
Yyyyyy x. yyyyyy
Remember: Hire Us To Write YOUR New Resume
And We GUARANTEE That If You’re Not Working In 60 Days Or Less,
We’ll Revise Your Resume, Refund Your Money,
AND Give You $50 EXTRA!