Versatile and quality-focused Management Professional with significant background in municipal infrastructure maintenance eager to contribute extensive talents toward supporting the employer in optimizing environmental compliance, public safety, and bottom-line results.
- Diligently steer compliance with environmental regulations, wastewater discharge requirements, municipal criteria, and public safety regulations.
- Substantial experience and achievements in wastewater management, water treatment and distribution, plant operations management, laboratory/sample analysis, and storm water systems.
- Adept at formulating and implementing innovative strategies to reduce and control costs, expedite tracking/monitoring activities, and streamline overall efficiency.
- Significant problem solving, interpersonal, budgeting, communication, and team leadership skills.
- Highly versatile and able to quickly master new roles and responsibilities.
- Congenial and intuitive; enjoy working cohesively with others toward a common goal.
- Reputation for professionalism, sound judgment, and an industrious work ethic.
City of Escalon, Escalon, California, 2007 to 2010
Public Works Director
Spearheaded operations and maintenance of municipal equipment and facilities encompassing drinking water, collection and treatment of wastewater, street maintenance, storm drainage system, street cleaning, street lights, parks and weed abatement.
Implemented lean operating strategies to maintain top-quality city services despite 40% reduction in operating budget.
Analyzed, defined and communicated infrastructure capital improvement and outlay needs to City Manager and Counsel.
Prepared and submitted regular reports to State agencies regarding drinking water and wastewater regulatory requirements.
Expertly administered OSHA and NIOSH safety training to departmental employees.
Supervised Graffiti Abatement and Backflow Prevention Programs.
City of Modesto, Modesto, CA, 2004 to 2007
Environmental Compliance Inspector II
- Served as Acting Wastewater Collections Superintendent in 2007, supervising 45 employees in building and maintaining 400+ miles of city water collections systems.
- Proficiently steered industrial, commercial and municipal storm water system inspection program.
- Actively contributed to preparation of state-required Annual Report for Storm Water Program.
- Leveraged exceptional problem solving abilities as first responder to reports of illicit discharges and/or connections to municipal storm water system.
- Conducted in-depth environmental investigations (including HazMat) and documented findings for senior staff and regulatory agencies.
Yyyyyy x. yyyyyy ~ Page 2 of 2
Professional Experience continued
City of Merced, Merced, CA, 1995 to 2003
Environmental Control Officer II / City Inspector
- Supervised and coordinated construction and inspection of groundwater monitoring and drinking water wells.
- Decisively issued permits for local industries to discharge processed wastewater into municipal wastewater system.
- Monitored and enforced compliance with industrial waste discharge limits and pre-treatment standards.
- Defined annual laboratory and sampling budget requirements for four City Public Works divisions for five years, decreasing expenses by 35%+.
- Resourcefully created spreadsheets to streamline drinking water sample tracking and minimize associated expenses.
- Trained and mentored new environmental control officers and laboratory technicians.
- Performed soil characterization and profiling for 600-acre land application industrial waste discharge area adjacent to WWTF and submitted reports as required.
- Championed Pre & Post Phase-I Environmental Assessments for City Redevelopment Agency.
Wastewater Treatment Plant Operator (Civil Service), Castle AFB, CA, Atwater, CA
Non-commissioned Officer (Staff/Technical Sergeant), Military Service (USAF)
Airman / Non-commissioned Officer, Military Service (USAF)
American Intercontinental University, 2006
Bachelor s Degree, Business Management / Operations Management
College of Engineering, Cal State University, Sacramento, CA, 2002 to 2010
Certifications include Industrial Pre-treatment Inspection; Industrial Waste Treatment Operation; Treatment of Metal Waste Streams; Advanced Waste Treatment; Management of Small Water Systems
California Water Environment Association (CWEA) Collection System Maintenance Grade IV
CWEA Environmental Compliance Inspector Grade IV
California State Wastewater Treatment Plant Operator II
California State Water Treatment Plant Operator II
California State Water Distribution Operator II
California Registered Environmental Assessor I (REA License with Stamp)
California State First Responder Operations Level Journeyman Plumber
Hiring Agent Name
I am currently seeking a challenging career opportunity as a <insert job title/position> and am submitting my resume for your review. In advance, thank you for your time and consideration.
As indicated in the accompanying resume, I bring to you solid experience in environmental control and compliance on a municipal scale, proficiency in water/wastewater plant operations, and an exemplary blend of talents in conducting inspections and assessments, administering budgets, and enforcing safety and regulatory compliance. To complement these qualifications, I offer sharp organizational, planning, supervisory, documentation and analytical abilities.
As a proactive contributor to your organization, you will find me to be a self-motivated professional and stellar leader committed to supporting you in achieving your objectives through flexibility, integrity, and proven managerial skills. I am confident that I could be a valuable asset to your company, and look forward to interviewing with you in the near future. Please note that I am relocating to Pittsburgh in approximately three weeks.
Yyyyyy x. yyyyyy
Interviewer s Name
It was a pleasure (speaking with you/meeting with you) on [insert date here]. I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for the time you spent with me, as well as to express my appreciation for the information you offered. I am still very interested in the [insert name of position] position, and I am convinced that it is the right job for me. I feel my background and qualifications prepare me well for the responsibilities we discussed.
The position as you described it to me would combine my strong skills in [insert two skills or qualities here]. This would allow me to make the same valuable contribution to your organization as I ve made to my past employers a win-win proposition for both of us.
(Choose one of the two paragraphs below, depending on whether or not you have, or have not yet, interviewed with the person)
(I am eager to meet with you in person to further discuss my background and qualifications. Please feel free to contact me at the above phone number so we can continue the discussion we began over the telephone.)
(Again, thank you for considering my qualifications. I enjoyed our talk, and am available at any time to provide you with any more information you may need. I look forward to hearing your decision.)
Yyyyyy x. yyyyyy
Remember: Hire Us To Write YOUR New Resume
And We GUARANTEE That If You’re Not Working In 60 Days Or Less,
We’ll Revise Your Resume, Refund Your Money,
AND Give You $50 EXTRA!