Ambitious and innovative Designer with excellent academic credentials
and diverse hands-on experience eager to join a professional architectural firm
where outstanding talents in urban-scale project development will provide an immediate asset.
Played an integral role in several development projects featuring 1 million+ square feet urban centers with retail, commercial and residential tower components.
Polished problem solving, analytical, critical thinking, drafting and design skills.
Adept at communicating changes into final model form, drawings and details, and closely partner with lead designers in crucial decision-making processes to expedite completion.
Proficiency in hand sketching, physical modeling, 3D computer modeling and 2D drafting in AutoCAD.
Practical, client-focused, thrive on challenges, and perform effectively under pressure.
Adaptable with strong multi-tasking abilities; gracefully balance competing priorities.
LoveReign Entertainment, North Hollywood, CA, 2008 to Present
Producer, Production Designer
- Spearhead planning, design and production of The Lockhavens (www.thelockhavens.com) initiative, overseeing full-scope project management.
- Direct efforts of Art Department and supervise script development and editing.
Farewell Guesthouse, Glendale, CA, 2008 to 2009
- Proficiently managed schematic design and creative design development for new construction of 500 sq.ft. guesthouse.
- Ensured adherence to specific government rules and regulations in administering construction documents and obtaining all required city permits and approvals.
Gehry Partners, LLP, Los Angeles, CA, 2006 to 2008
- Collaboratively functioned as drafter in design teams for large urban-scale and small commercial architecture projects such as Grande Avenue, Brooklyn Arena, and Alaska Street Office.
- Demonstrated sharp attention to precise detail in building architectural models of all scales and sizes.
Ross Hunt Production, Studio City, CA, 2006 to 2009
- Leveraged vast graphic design skills to create compelling and visually-appealing store ads and sales brochures.
- Provided consultative leadership to production department on sets and designed miniatures.
- Contributed to home refinishing and interior design tasks, as well as custom furniture development.
Yyyyyy x. yyyyyy ~ Page 2 of 2
Professional Experience continued ...
Southern California Institute of Architecture, Los Angeles, CA, 2005 to 2006
- Closely monitored student use of shop equipment to ensure consistent safety compliance.
Isolated Ground, Glendale, CA, 2004 to 2005
- Painted scenic 2D surfaces to appear 3D for use in TV commercials, award shows, and game shows.
- Exhibited exceptional versatility in shaping, carving, and creating pieces for sets from material such as foam, latex, wood, acrylics, and plastics.
Scrafano Architects, Hollywood, CA, 2002 to 2003
- Exercised strong administrative, prioritization, and organizational skills in preparing project folders, disseminating drawings, duplicating documents, and sourcing required information during internship with architectural firm.
- Participated in design development process including redlines, interior elevations, CAD management, model building, and finishing documents for project manager.
● ● ●
Additional & Freelance Experience:
Designer & Consultant, Sin34 c/o Julie Keskin, Studio City, CA
Designer & Consultant, Afro-merican Records c/o Ben Otwaiga, Van Nuys, CA
Designer & Consultant, Robin Banks Real Estate Group, Highland Park, CA
Model Maker, Reisman Models, Simi Valley, CA
Senior Shop Staff, Woodbury University, Burbank, CA
Intern, Adventure Studios, Inc., Burbank, CA
M. Arch II, Southern California Institute of Architecture, Los Angeles, CA, 2006
B. Arch, Woodbury University School of Architecture and Design, Burbank CA, 2004
Selected for University Summer Abroad Program in Barcelona and Paris
AutoCAD 2D/3D REVIT 3D Studio Max Adobe CS4 Final Cut Pro Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook) Visio Microsoft Project Drafting Graphite/Ink Form Z MAYA Laser Cutter CNC ...shop tools ... architectural models painting
June 22, 2010
David Smith, AIA
c/o Thomas P. Cox, Architects, Inc.
0000 xxxxxx xxxx , xxxx , xxxxx 00000
Dear Mr. Smith:
I am currently seeking a challenging career opportunity as an Architectural Designer and am submitting my resume for your review. In advance, thank you for your time and consideration.
As an indication of my unparalleled versatility, I bring to you a solid background in architectural design, well-developed expertise in model building and drafting, and proven talents in the complete architectural design process and lifecycle. To complement these qualifications, I offer exemplary planning, organizational, technical, consultative, prioritization, and relationship-building skills which are essential as an architectural designer.
As a proactive contributor to your architectural firm, you will find me to be a detail-driven and passionate professional committed to supporting you in achieving your objectives through superior performance and dedication. I am confident that I could be a valuable asset to TCA and look forward to interviewing with you in the near future.
Yyyyyy x. yyyyyy
Remember: Hire Us To Write YOUR New Resume
And We GUARANTEE That If You’re Not Working In 60 Days Or Less,
We’ll Revise Your Resume, Refund Your Money,
AND Give You $50 EXTRA!