Results-focused Trainer and Educator eager to contribute extensive leadership, motivational and
instructional talents toward supporting a progressive organization in achieving goals and objectives.
- Significant background in social services and health sectors with considerable experience in teaching, training, coaching, group facilitation, team-building and leadership.
- Excel in designing and delivering educational, informative and empowering lectures and workshops to community members, clients, staff, and university students.
- Able to leverage a variety of teaching/training methods, strategies and techniques to accommodate diverse learning styles, audiences, objectives and cultures.
- Substantial experience in program development and management, budgeting, resources management, curriculum development, workload planning, scheduling, and goal setting.
- Outstanding blend of public speaking skills; excel in preparing and organizing workshops and lectures.
YWCA of St. Joseph County, South Bend, Indiana, 2008 to 2010
Legal Advocate / CourtWatch Program Administrator
Provided critical legal advocacy services to victims of domestic violence through in-depth assessments, safety planning, referrals, education, and support.
Guided clients in completing Victim Compensation applications and protective order petitions.
Planned and coordinated domestic violence training for agency staff, South Bend Police Department, and other social service agencies and community groups.
Researched, selected and scheduled speakers for daily Life Skills classes.
Hired, trained, scheduled and supervised 14 court monitors as part of CourtWatch program improvement and expansion initiative.
Chosen as Employee of the Month in May 2009 based on exemplary performance and results.
Fostered and maintained cooperative relationships with judges, court staff, prosecutors, and victim advocacy services.
Western Michigan University, 2004 to 2005
- Delivered Introduction to Biological Anthropology laboratory to 125 students in five sections.
- Prepared lab, created and presented lectures, and graded assignments.
- Administered laboratory practical exam under supervision of professor.
AIDS Ministries/AIDS Assist, South Bend, Indiana, 2002 to 2003
Family Support Specialist / Certified Care Coordinator
- Applied strong multi-tasking expertise toward providing HIV/AIDS education, counseling, testing, referrals, case management services and support to clients family members.
- Coordinated medical services and advocated on behalf of clients regarding housing, employment and health insurance issues.
- Delivered extensive education to clients in nutrition and self-care.
- Participated in developing agency s HIPAA policies and procedures.
- Recognized and awarded as Employee of the Week in May 2002.
Professional Experience continued Yyyyyy x. yyyyyy, Page 2 of 2
Borders Books and Music, Mishawaka, Indiana, 2001 to 2004
- Demonstrated exemplary interpersonal skills in providing top-notch customer sales and service.
- Contributed to arranging product displays, maintaining store inventory, and researching customer requests.
Marion County Family Advocacy Center, Indianapolis, Indiana, 1999 to 2001
Project Safe Families Program Supervisor
- Proactively assisted victims of domestic violence by providing education, referrals, personal and legal advocacy, and life skills development.
- Cost-effectively managed program budget, protocol development and implementation, and seamless collaboration with outside agencies.
- Trained, mentored, motivated and supervised agency personnel.
- Successfully developed and directed domestic violence training seminars for 750 Family Social Service Administration personnel, 40 IndyCorps and Family Advocacy Center staff, and 250 Indiana University medical students.
- Served on Education & Training Task Force of Mayor s Community-Wide Plan for Addressing Domestic Violence to develop core curriculum for national certification.
- Selected as Employee of the Month in December 2000 for achievements and contributions.
Council On Domestic Abuse (CODA), Terre Haute, IN, 1996 to 1999
Transitional Housing Program Manager
- Spearheaded full-scope program development and management inclusive of education, supportive services, client file maintenance, legal advocacy, recreational support, and community relations.
- Proficiently managed new facility serving victims of domestic violence and their children and held accountability for staffing/hiring and training of all professional and support staff.
- Assembled training manuals and presented seminars to health professionals.
- Chosen and awarded as Employee of the Month in August 1998.
Peer Health Facilitator, Student Health Promotion, Indiana State University, Terre Haute, IN
Educational Field Representative, Western Indiana Employment & Training Services, Terre Haute, Indiana
Community Educator, Arthritis Foundation, Wabash Valley Chapter, Terre Haute, Indiana
Teaching Assistant, Indiana State University
Tutor, Altrusa Tutoring Service, Terre Haute, Indiana
Master of Arts Candidate, (pending thesis), Major in Anthropology,
Western Michigan University, Kalamazoo, Michigan
- Teaching Assistant Advocate, Department of Anthropology, 2004 to 2005
- Graduate Collective Advocate (elected by peers), Department of Anthropology, 2004 to 2005
Bachelor's Degree, Anthropology,
Indiana State University, Terre Haute, Indiana, 1994; graduated with honors
South Bend Equality, 2008 to Present
Member, Domestic Violence Network of Greater Indianapolis, 1999 to Present
Member, Indiana Coalition Against Domestic Violence,1996 to Present
Founding Member, Take Back the Night Alliance, Terre Haute, Indiana, 1992 to Present
Hiring Agent Name
I am currently seeking a challenging career opportunity in a teaching or training capacity and am submitting my resume for your review. In advance, thank you for your time and consideration.
As indicated in the accompanying resume, I offer a solid background in developing and delivering informative and educational programs and lectures, strong public speaking and presentation skills, and proven abilities in training, motivating and inspiring individuals and groups to achieve established goals. My extensive experience as an educator, advocate, and manager will certainly prove immediately beneficial to your organization. To complement these qualifications, I offer outstanding analytical, planning, coaching, and relationship-building skills which are essential as a trainer and educator.
As a proactive contributor to your organization, you will find me to be a self-motivated professional and stellar leader committed to supporting you in achieving your objectives through exceptional performance and dedication. I am confident that I could be a valuable asset to your organization, and look forward to interviewing with you in the near future.
Yyyyyy x. yyyyyy
Remember: Hire Us To Write YOUR New Resume
And We GUARANTEE That If You’re Not Working In 60 Days Or Less,
We’ll Revise Your Resume, Refund Your Money,
AND Give You $50 EXTRA!