results-oriented professional with solid skill and capacity to handle various functions of the multi-yard processing manager. detailed and dynamic communicator and persuasive speaker, able to forge meaningful associations with colleagues and management. talent to identify the needs of clients and to encourage a risk-free, positive atmosphere to meet those needs. demonstrated talent for developing plans that successfully meet the objectives of an organization.
logistics / customer service / locomotive operations / scheduling / labor
written & verbal communication / professional development and training
dakota minnesota and eastern railroad, mason city, ia
locomotive engineer/foreman, 2005 c present
- drive electric, diesel-electric, or gas-turbine-electric locomotive, interpreting train orders, train signals, and railroad rules and regulations, to transport passengers or freight.
- synchronize watch to ensure departure time from station or terminal is in accordance with time schedule.
- interpret train orders, train signals, and railroad rules and regulations to drive locomotive, following safety conductor, road freight, or traffic control center personnel via radiophone to issue or receive information or instructions concerning stops, delays, or oncoming trains.
- observe track to detect obstructions and inspect locomotive after run to detect damaged or defective equipment.
- prepare reports to explain accidents, unscheduled stops, or delays.
pella storm door division, clear lake, ia
general laborer, 2003 c 2005
- worked as part of a team having responsibility for assembling storm doors and storm door components.
- performed all tasks conducted by the team in the assembly process and rotated through all or most of them rather than being assigned to a specific task on a permanent basis.
mills fleet farm department, mason city ia
supervisor, 2002 c 2004
- enforced safety and sanitation regulations.
- conferred with other supervisors to coordinate operations and activities within or between departments.
- planned and established work schedules, assignments, and production sequences to meet production goals.
- inspected materials, products, or equipment to detect defects or malfunctions.
- demonstrated equipment operations and work and safety procedures to new employees, or assigned employees to experienced workers for training.
- conferred with management or subordinates to resolve worker problems, complaints, or grievances.
sears, mason city, ia
shipping and receiving manager, 2000 c 2002
- supervised the activities of workers engaged in receiving, storing, and shipping products or materials.
- interviewed, selected, and trained warehouse and supervisory personnel.
- planned, developed, and implemented warehouse safety and security programs and activities.
- prepared or directed preparation of correspondence, reports, and operations, maintenance, and safety manuals.
- issued shipping instructions; provided routing information to ensure that delivery times/locations are coordinated.
- reviewed invoices, work orders, consumption reports, and demand forecasts to estimate peak delivery periods and to issue work assignments.
vista university, mason city, ia ~ bachelor of arts in business management,
north iowa area community college, mason city, ia ~ associate of arts, 1999
Remember: Hire Us To Write YOUR New Resume
And We GUARANTEE That If You’re Not Working In 60 Days Or Less,
We’ll Revise Your Resume, Refund Your Money,
AND Give You $50 EXTRA!