Dedicated Senior Design Engineer with seasoned background in aviation industry eager to contribute broad talents toward supporting a dynamic organization in achieving goals and objectives.
- Substantial experience in aeronautical engineering with particular strengths in drafting, design, project management, team-building, and facility operations leadership.
- Excellent talents in designing high-quality and durable interior furnishings, structures and systems for complex aircraft meeting customer and FAA criteria, quality standards, and budget parameters.
- Adept at creating drawings which adhere to DOD-D-1000, FAA-STD-002f and ASME Y14.1 through ASME Y14.38 standards.
- Able to maintain up-to-date policies & procedures databases supporting ISO-9001 standards.
- Advanced expertise in accurately interpreting and integrating FAR (Federal Aviation Regulations) into custom aircraft interiors as well as scrutinizing drawing packages and custom aircraft interiors for government compliance.
- Software proficiency includes AutoCAD, SolidWorks, Pro Engineer, and Microsoft applications (Word, Excel, Outlook and Project).
- Combine veracity, keen prioritization skills, and a team player work ethic toward consistently meeting or exceeding employer expectations.
DeCrane Aerospace, (PATS), Georgetown, DE, 2008 to 2009
Senior Design Engineer / Group Leader (Independent Contractor)
- Applied considerable leadership talents toward directing design team in creating STC drawing packages for installation of custom corporate interiors in a Bombardier CRJ (Canadair Regional Jet).
- Served as Group Drawing Checker for packages including load-bearing bulkhead, seat track structures, interior cabinetry, auxiliary fuel tanks and avionics equipment installations.
- Drove cohesive and cooperative efforts liaison engineering, production and QA departments.
AeroNautique Aircraft Design and Analysis, Sherwood, AR, 2005 to 2008
Senior Design Engineer (Independent Contractor)
- Compiled STC drawing packages for assembly and installation of custom corporate interiors in a Boeing 737, Boeing 757, Gulfstream III and Piaggio.
- Adhered to exacting regulatory requirements during design of galley assemblies and installations, lavatory assemblies and installations, seat layouts and installations, PSU assemblies and installations, and avionics equipment installations.
- Appreciated for navigating seamless activities among engineering, production and QA personnel.
DeCrane Cabin Interiors, Tucson, AZ, 2000 to 2005
General Manager / Onsite Engineer / Planner / Scheduler (Independent Contractor and Direct)
- Spearheaded daily facility operations comprised of 30 employees specializing in development of cabinetry and interior shell packages and installations for Bombardier CL604 and Bombardier Global Express aircrafts.
Yyyyyy x. yyyyyy ~ Page 2 of 2
Professional Experience continued
- Exercised outstanding time management capabilities to plan, schedule and coordinate timely product deliveries in alignment with customer needs.
- Proficiently analyzed and supported customer re-work and warranty squawks, repaired and re-finished damaged cabinets, upholstered seats and divans, and fabricated custom polycarbonate inserts for china, crystal and flatware.
- Reliably conducted and documented first article inspections and interior compliance certifications.
- Established mass/lean manufacturing environment to drastically accelerate interior shell package fabrication for Bombardier Continental by an average of 1,000 hours per aircraft (and approximately 300 hours less than initial bid per aircraft.)
- Successfully and efficiently delivered up to 30 ship sets within a challenging time span.
Bombardier Completion Center, Tucson, AZ, 1996 to 2000
Senior Design Engineer (Contractor)
- Prepared drawing packages for custom corporate interiors encompassing load-bearing bulkhead installations, seat track structures, interior cabinetry assemblies and installations, and overboard service structures/plumbing for Bombardier CL600-2B16 and Bombardier Global Express.
Chrysler Technologies Airborne Systems Inc., Waco, TX, 1995 to 1996
Senior Design Engineer (Contractor)
- Produced complex engineering drawings for installation of custom corporate and head of state interiors in a Boeing 747SP, Airbus A340 and Airbus A310.
Stevens Aviation, Peachtree City, GA, 1993 to 1995
Senior Design Engineer / Engineering Manager (Contractor)
- Built secondary structure drawing packages for assembly and installation of corporate and commercial interiors involving seat installations, cockpit instrument installations, air, oxygen and water system installations, etc. for Gulfstream GII, GIII and GIV, Dornier, Falcon 200, Jetstream 31 and 32, Falcon 20 and DC-9.
- Put together primary structure drawing packages for an 8x10 cargo elevator installation used to transfer payload cargo from lower deck to upper deck of a DC-10.
British Aerospace (Now Raytheon), Little Rock, AR, 1990 to 1993
Senior Design Engineer / Group Leader (Contractor)
- Directed creation of comprehensive drawing packages for interior assemblies and installations inclusive of primary and secondary structural modifications throughout aircraft.
- Complied with stringent FAR requirements in completing designs for air systems, water systems, avionics racks, etc. for British Aerospace BAe 125-700, BAe 125-800 and BAe 125-1000, Gulfstream GIV, Jetstream 31and Jetstream 32 aircraft.
Georgetown Aircraft Services (Now DeCrane Aerospace-PATS), Georgetown, DE, 1983 to 1990
Senior Draftsperson / Designer / Engineering Manager
- Demonstrated exceptional versatility in contributing to full spectrum of corporate interior assembly and installation spanning aircraft such as Sikorsky S-76, Super Puma, Grumman Albratross, Gulfstream GII/GIII/GIV, Bombardier CL600/CL601, Fokker F-28, Westwind, British Aerospace BAe 125-700, 125-800 and 125-1000, Boeing 727, Embrear 110/120, Queen Air, Shorts 330/360, Saberliner, Learjet and BAC 1-11.
Remember: Hire Us To Write YOUR New Resume
And We GUARANTEE That If You’re Not Working In 60 Days Or Less,
We’ll Revise Your Resume, Refund Your Money,
AND Give You $50 EXTRA!