Patient-focused Registered Nurse with an MBA eager to contribute dynamic leadership background and clinical expertise toward actively supporting the employer in providing quality health care.
Able to interact with people at all levels within a health care organization and establish immediate rapport with colleagues and patients.
Excellent blend of hands-on nursing experience with personnel training and leadership talents.
Adeptness in patient advocacy, health promotion and education, and caring for patients of diverse cultures and backgrounds.
Proactively enforce quality assurance, efficient delivery of care, and ethical standards compliance.
Advanced knowledge of Nurse Practice Act, JCAHO and other state/federal regulations.
Leverage exemplary team-building expertise to strengthen organizational culture and accountability, paramount to achieving mission, vision, and values.
Able to coordinate unified efforts among personnel to provide high quality care to patients with complex needs; considerable abilities in staff development and management.
WellPoint, Inc., Richmond, Virginia, 2005 to Present
Medical Management Lead C Nursing
Direct, coach and mentor nursing teams in conducting accurate clinical assessments, organize medical team rounds, and coordinate daily workflow.
Collaborate with healthcare providers and members of telephonic Disease Management programs to promote quality member outcomes and optimize use of resources.
Scrutinize complex medical issues and perform case reviews and chart audits to ensure compliance with policies, procedures, protocols, and member contract terms.
Ensure Nursing associates conform with Utilization Review Accreditation Committee (URAC) standards.
Medical Management Lead C Health Professionals
Spearheaded Health Professional Teams at five sites nationwide in conducting clinical evaluations and interventions for telephonic Disease Management program participants.
Adeptly served as clinical resource and process expert for member case review.
Prepared and maintained work schedules for 20 associates across the United States.
Demonstrated sharp organizational skills in seamlessly orchestrating Health Professional participation in virtual multi-disciplinary medical team rounds at all sites.
Prepared teams for URAC Accreditation process of Advanced Care Management program.
Interviewed associate candidates and developed training curriculum for Health Professional Medical Management Lead.
Evaluated protocols for Health Professional disciplines which were approved and implemented.
Yyyyyy x. yyyyyy ---- Page 2 of 2
Professional Experience (WellPoint) continued
Senior Nurse Consultant
- Leveraged outstanding clinical assessment skills to evaluate and educate telephonic Disease Management program members with an emphasis in diabetes, asthma, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease, coronary artery disease, heart failure, hypertension, obesity, hyperlipidemia, and metabolic syndrome.
- Thoroughly monitored and recorded members progress and enforced adherence to prescribed plan of care.
- Chosen as WellPoint representative for 2006 Associate Giving Campaign in Richmond area.
- Delivered lecture at Virginia Commonwealth University School of Nursing to promote WellPoint s role in disease management.
VCU Health Systems, Richmond, Virginia, 2002 to 2005
Registered Nurse / Clinical Nurse II C Medical Respiratory ICU
- Advanced to Clinical Nurse II role based on strong leadership talents and performance in delivering compassionate and quality-focused care to critically ill patients in adult and geriatric populations.
- As preceptor to new staff, provided training and mentoring with a constant focus on team cohesiveness and patient empathy.
- Earned promotion as Charge Nurse, diligently coordinating care for 15 patients and serving as Clinical Resource Nurse.
- Played vital role in ensuring critical regulatory compliance as member of unit-based JCAHO preparation committee.
Prior background includes role as Nurse Extern C Progressive Care Unit/Women s Health Unit, Chippenham/Johnston Willis Hospitals, Richmond, Virginia, 2001.
Averett University, Danville, Virginia, 2008
Master of Business Administration
Virginia Commonwealth University, Richmond, Virginia, Magna Cum Laude, 2002
Bachelor of Science, Nursing
- Dean s List: Spring 2001, Fall 2001, and Spring 2002
- School of Nursing Mentor: 2001-2002
- Member of National Student Nurses Association: 2001-2002
Hiring Agent Name
I am currently seeking a challenging career opportunity in a <insert job title/position> capacity and am submitting my resume for your review. In advance, thank you for your time and consideration.
I bring to you excellent academic and professional credentials, exemplary expertise in both direct patient care and nursing team management, and considerable talents in business analysis, team-building, and steering regulatory compliance. By combining my nursing degree and business degree, I believe I offer a unique ability to optimize an organization s fiscal performance as well as patient satisfaction levels. To complement these qualifications, I offer first-rate planning, organizational, analytical and critical thinking skills.
As a dedicated employee, you will find me to be a driven team player and stellar leader committed to supporting you in achieving your objectives through superior performance. I am confident that I could be a valuable asset to your hospital/clinic/organization, and look forward to interviewing with you in the near future.
Yyyyyy x. yyyyyy
Remember: Hire Us To Write YOUR New Resume
And We GUARANTEE That If You’re Not Working In 60 Days Or Less,
We’ll Revise Your Resume, Refund Your Money,
AND Give You $50 EXTRA!