yyyyyy x. yyyyyy 0000 xxxxxx xxxx , xxxx , xxxxx 00000
manufacturing/quality assurance professional with advanced education, iso/six sigma greenbelt certifications and extensive manufacturing experience eager to contribute managerial and technological abilities in a challenging executive management assignment for a progressive company.
ø b.s., quality engineering.
ø a.a.s., quality and reliability technology.
ø over 20 years of successful experience in state-of-the-art manufacturing environments.
ø american society for quality: certified quality manager, 2001.
ø certified quality engineer, 2000.
ø expertise in strategic/quality planning, tqm, continuous improvement and resource management.
ø skilled in planning, budgeting, change control and upgrading process.
ø builder of highly efficient and professional teams.
ø facilitate exceptional quality methodologies and procedures.
ø knowledgeable in advanced product development.
ø monitor and control quality of international vendor base.
ø proven capacity to manage and direct manufacturing, engineering and technician staffs.
ø skilled in equipment testing, problem resolution and maintaining equipment in on-line status.
ø orchestrate strategic planning, iso and systems engineering.
ø proficient in advanced software applications.
ø six sigma green belt certification.
komatsu america corporation, newberry, sc 2005 - present
utility division quality manager
- recruited to direct all quality operations for newberry manufacturing operation.
- manage and supervise two quality engineers, one technician and one supervisor.
- direct inspection, internal audits, supplier quality and field failure analysis.
- effectively coordinate with manufacturing, engineering and service departments in resolving assembly, design and warranty/field failure issues.
- designated for new product development team instrumental in problem-free introduction of six new models to market up to june 2009.
- originate in-depth plant/field quality performance reports to plant and executive management.
- successfully assess internal/external failure data and customer complaints.
- initiate corrective actions and identify opportunities for continuous improvement.
- track, control and manage international supplier base quality levels covering china, italy, brazil, indonesia and japan.
- plan and execute quality assurance department annual budget and warranty accrual.
- calculate manpower requirements based on sales and manufacturing forecast.
- slashed annual warranty expense from 3.98% to 1.41% in twelve months.
- have successfully achieved annual warranty goal of 1.5% since 2005.
- selected for management long-range planning team for development of three-, five- and ten-year plans.
harsco technologies, west columbia, sc 2003 c 2005
- retained to oversee daily operations of quality function.
- managed incoming, in-process and final inspection.
- led internal audit team.
- facilitated supplier quality and aided manufacturing departments on welding, fabrication, machining, and assembly issues for two division facilities.
yyyyyy x. yyyyyy, page two
- successfully achieved corporate certification to din6700 standard for supplying railway maintenance equipment to german national railway system.
- coordinated with division quality systems manager in upgrading qms for transition to iso 9001:2000 standard and served as management representative during registration/customer audits.
- designated for supplier quality assessment team conducting continuous vendor evaluation and certification.
- led member of material review board.
- initiated and executed computerized corrective action, customer complaint and iso documentation/data management systems utilizing ms office suite.
- evaluated internal/external failure data and customer complaints to achieve rapid resolutions.
pirelli communication cables & systems, inc., lexington, sc 1998 c 2003
- tasked to manage auditing and calibration teams.
- directed final inspection lab with 40 inspectors.
- initiated corrective action/disposition of returned and non-conforming products valued at $150,000.
- achieved 200% productivity increase through efficient development and use of automated data collection system for in-process and final inspection processes.
- pivotal member of process improvement team achieving 80% reduction in fiber optic ribbon process failure rate.
- designed and implemented quality procedures for inspection/auditing of in-process and finished products.
- designated for strategic and quality planning teams key to originating/launching short- and long-term growth and improvement programs.
- orchestrated corrective action system for resolution of internal/external non-conformances.
- effectively resolved technical issues in manufacturing and quality concepts through proper utilization of corrective action teams.
- coordinated with quality manager and director of quality in aiding quality engineering and continuous improvement process.
prior to 1998, served as quality assurance supervisor, o&k trojan, inc., batavia, ny and in progressively responsible assignments with retrotech, inc., fishers, ny, fisher tank and welding co., lexington, sc, and graham manufacturing co., batavia, ny. in these assignments, built expertise in quality methodologies, team leadership, materials, field installations and customer relations.
kennedy western university, location
b.s., quality engineering, 2003
program emphasis was on strategic and quality planning, continuous improvement tools and techniques, resource management, team building skills.
genesee community college, batavia, ny
a.a.s., quality and reliability technology, 1988
program emphasis was on total quality management, statistical process
six sigma green belt training, 2006
iso 9001:2000 quality management systems lead auditor training; 2002
iso 14000 environmental management systems lead auditor training, 2002
yyyyyy x. yyyyyy 0000 xxxxxx xxxx , xxxx , xxxxx 00000
cover letter text
hiring agent name
city, state zip code
i am currently seeking a challenging career opportunity in an executive-level manufacturing/quality assurance management capacity and am submitting my resume for your review. in advance, i thank you for your time and consideration.
as demonstrated in the accompanying resume, my professional qualifications include a b.s., quality engineering, an a.a.s., quality and reliability technology, american society for quality certified quality manager, certified quality engineer and over 20 years of relevant experience. to complement this background, i possess demonstrated expertise in achieving stringent quality objectives, team leadership, iso, six sigma, strategic planning, budgeting and cost control, as well as strong analytical, problem-solving and managerial capabilities. as an employee, you will find me to be an enthusiastic and disciplined team player, committed to supporting you in achieving your objectives through superior performance.
i am confident that i could be a valuable asset to your firm, and look forward to interviewing with you in the near future to further discuss my areas of experience and expertise that would be a contribution to your organization.
yyyyyy x. yyyyyy
Remember: Hire Us To Write YOUR New Resume
And We GUARANTEE That If You’re Not Working In 60 Days Or Less,
We’ll Revise Your Resume, Refund Your Money,
AND Give You $50 EXTRA!