Results-focused IT Professional eager to contribute exceptional technical and managerial talents toward supporting a progressive organization in optimizing bottom-line performance.
Offer 15 years of information technology experience encompassing software development, database administration, systems testing, technical consulting, and project management.
Proven success as a consultant for Fortune 500 companies and major government agencies.
Possess active Top Secret/SCI with CI Poly Security Clearance.
Recipient of Team Appreciation Award in 2007 from Booz Allen Hamilton.
Exemplary capabilities in scrutinizing, diagnosing and rectifying complex technical errors and issues, and thoroughly documenting procedures.
Extremely versatile; easily adapt to new roles, responsibilities, technologies and environments.
MBA (in progress), Johns Hopkins University, expected 2011
MS Certificate in Project Management, George Washington University, 2002
Master of Science in Information Systems, Bowie State University, 2001
Bachelor of Arts in English, Lycoming College, 1994
Oracle Certified Professional (OCP) 10g, 11g
NetApp Certified Data Administrator
NetApp, 2008 to Present
Professional Services Consultant
Provide critical subject matter expertise for Oracle on NetApp solutions during full-scope SDLC (systems development lifecycle) as Global Practice Lead for Business Applications and Databases.
Spearhead design and implementation of complex storage and database solution engagements in alignment with NetApp and Oracle best practices and stringent quality control parameters.
Provide consultative guidance in effective use of NetApp and Oracle technologies to clients such as Boeing, Lockheed Martin, National Security Agency, Federal Aviation Administration, Department of Homeland Security and Defense Intelligence Agency.
- Proficiently perform complex and time-sensitive data migrations from various industry storage arrays to NetApp storage.
Booz Allen Hamilton, 2003 to 2008
Provided high-level technical guidance to clients on database solutions to support mission-critical business and intelligence applications.
Professional Experience continued Yyyyyy x. yyyyyy C Page 2 of 2
Planned, architected, designed and implemented robust Oracle solutions for major public sector and Fortune 500 clients.
Applied strong analytical skills toward designing and implementing common enterprise services to web application developers on Sybase EA Server.
Proactively authored software test plans encompassing risk management, configuration management, development checklists, a pairs programming strategy, and portal developer standards for coding in a J2EE environment.
Played an active role in hiring, training, mentoring and developing software/database engineers.
Led team in devising innovative software development methodology by combining Incremental and Iterative techniques to successfully meet client requirements for rapid releases.
Directed team in analysis of systems, processes and architectures to identify functionality gaps.
Defense Intelligence Agency (DIA), Washington, DC, 2001 to 2003
Database Systems Engineer
- Employed proficiency in J2EE programming to design and develop multiple web applications for intelligence analysis including enterprise-level software management system which provided back-up and recovery to agency s most essential applications.
- Conducted analyst JAD sessions to determine specifications for future development iterations.
- Facilitated strategic briefings to senior DIA leadership to resolve broad-scope technical issues.
- Co-Chaired Defense Intelligence Agency s Engineering Review Board.
PricewaterhouseCoopers, Columbia, MD, 2001
Database Systems Engineer
- Collaboratively designed, developed and implemented OLTP (online transaction processing) database solution for Fortune 50 client.
- Conducted extensive troubleshooting and analysis on Oracle database to fine-tune performance.
United States Navy, 1996 to 2001
- Championed deployment of mobile land communication system platform (Classic Owl) for extended periods under harsh conditions.
- Installed, configured, troubleshot and maintained all antennas (RLPA/CM/DF/GPS), receivers (NB, WB, GPS), transmitters, RF conditioners and filters, networking equipment (bridges, routers, hubs, switches, adapters), encryption gear, clustered servers and workstations.
- Concurrently functioned as Oracle Database Administrator, maintained VMS/UNIX and WINNT systems, and leveraged sharp troubleshooting capabilities to conduct system testing in the field.
Databases: Oracle10g/9i/8i/8/7, Sybase, Microsoft SQL Server, Microsoft Access, DB2
Application Servers: JBOSS, Oracle Application Server, Apache Tomcat
High Availability Software: Oracle RAC, ASM, and Oracle Cluster Ready Services (OCRS); Veritas Cluster Server (VCS), ZFS, DataOntap, Veritas Oracle, Sybase, and iPlanet Agents, Veritas Volume Manager
Languages: SQL, PL/SQL, Java, HTML, XML, XSLT, PERL, Java Script, VB Script, ASP, C, Visual C++, shell scripting
Oracle Products: Oracle 9i, 10gR1, 10gR2, 11gR1, 11gR2, Oracle ASM, Grid Control and DBA Console, Oracle10g/11g Real Application Clusters (RAC)/Grid Infrastructure, Oracle10g XML DB, Oracle Label Security (OLS) with Bitwise VPD, Oracle10g Streams, Oracle10g Spatial, DBA Studio (OEM), Oracle9i Data Guard/Oracle8i Standby DB, Oracle Text (InterMedia Text), Advanced Replication, Oracle 9iAS Portal, Designer, JDeveloper, Discoverer, Oracle Forms, Reports, And Graphics, SQL*Plus, PL/SQL, Net8/SQL*Net, SQL*Loader, RMAN, Data Pump, Import/ Export utilities.
Hiring Agent Name
I am currently seeking a challenging career opportunity in a <insert job title/position> capacity and am submitting my resume for your review. In advance, thank you for your time and consideration.
As indicated in the accompanying resume, I bring to you a solid background in coordinating and participating in major software development projects, proficiency in analyzing and identifying needs of Fortune 500 and high-level government clients, and the flexibility to expertly handle competing priorities with an unwavering commitment to accuracy, efficiency, and quality control. To complement these qualifications, I offer considerable leadership, organizational, communication, analytical, and troubleshooting skills.
As a proactive contributor to your organization, you will find me to be a results-driven professional and stellar leader committed to supporting you in achieving your objectives through superior performance, business acumen, and initiative. I am confident that I could be a valuable asset to <insert name of company>, and look forward to interviewing with you in the near future.
Yyyyyy x. yyyyyy
Remember: Hire Us To Write YOUR New Resume
And We GUARANTEE That If You’re Not Working In 60 Days Or Less,
We’ll Revise Your Resume, Refund Your Money,
AND Give You $50 EXTRA!