yyyyyy x. yyyyyy
houston, tx 77063
results-focused executive eager to contribute expertise in business development, operations/administrative management, p&l analysis and team leadership toward collaborating with a progressive organization in maximizing bottom-line performance
retention & loyalty
ø strong multi-tasking background with the ability to work independently on multiple projects simultaneously, including formulation of policies and procedures, client services and customer resolution techniques, organization development, project management, strategic negotiations, in-depth problem analysis and solutions, operational process implementation, as well as development and execution of strategies to increase client retention and loyalty.
ø effectively collaborates with team members and all relevant parties to resolve complex organizational issues.
ø excel in defining and implementing policies, procedures and operational systems that boost productivity, efficiency and quality of operations.
ø effectively work with clients of all ages, socioeconomic, and cultural backgrounds.
ø consistently focus on ensuring development of high-standard delivery methodologies.
ø effectively manages large projects as well as provides in-depth documentation.
ø skilled at communicating and working cross-functionally in order to ensure knowledge sharing is prevalent between departmental lines.
ø embraces corporate culture and actively promotes and leads company initiatives.
ø bilingual in english and spanish.
ø strategically develop and execute targeted marketing plans instrumental to driving business growth for business.
ø effectively manage staff and coordinate information sharing between departmental resources.
ø proactively identify potential employee issues and design creative solutions to resolve problems.
ø regularly schedule reviews and track progress of particular projects.
ø compile and disseminate various monthly project reports for executive management.
ø skilled at developing and implementing efficiency best practices to increase productivity and reduce labor costs.
ø uses knowledge of various administrative functions and company protocols to support executive management and clients.
ø deliver employee programs to increase employee retention, enhanced engagement and improved operational efficiency.
ø mba c marketing
ø post graduate c strategic direction, financial management, quality management
ø bachelor of business c computer systems
ø institutions attended: m xico institute of technology (itam) graduate division, m xico / an huac university, graduate division, m xico / monterrey institute of technology (i.t.e.s.m.), m xico
- in six months, developed a business plan, raised $250,000 in capital, and built a deep discounted provider network associated with a discount card for the hispanic community in houston. developed a multiple strategy for sales consisting of individual enrollers, group representative, and mass media. generated 150 sales per month within 90 days of launch.
- spearheaded the complete restructure of a national ppo network for healthmarkets resulting in the downward resizing of the number of ppo vendors thereby increasing the discount from 25% to 32%. this resulted in $42 million in annual savings due to better discounts and improved re-pricing accuracy for claims.
- built a dedicated hispanic unit for healthmarkets responsible for sales and marketing support to its captive agencies and customer service support for the insurance center. unit increased new business production by $200 million in five years.
- operations leader who was part of a team building the first hmo in mexico. successfully built provider network in 240 cities in mexico within a years. furthermore, responsible for the design and implementation of all hmo risk management processes. company achieved $ 14 million in premium and $ 2 million in pre-tax profit.
plan salud, discount health card sep 2008 c current director, houston region
- developed a business plan for expansion and raised $250,00 in capital to execute the business plan.
- built a provider network exclusively for the hispanic market in six months.
- develop marketing and sales strategies individual solicitation, group solicitation, and mass media.
- sales in the first 90 days are 150 memberships per month.
- built all aspects of operations including customer service, financial reporting, metrics
vice-president of operation and sales management
- recommended and executed a sales strategy for the company using group representatives and individual enrollers. sales increased to 720 memberships per year.
- developed first advancing system in the discount card business for the individual enrollers to maintain retention of the enrollers.
- developed a long-term operations plan for the company including: mapping workflow processes, financial reporting, sales metrics, and recommendation for outsourcing to mexico, new billing methods, and call center recommendations.
- developed a long term operations plan to convert the discount care plan first into a health insurance sales agency and in the next years into an insurance company.
healthmarkets, insurance company division feb 2002-july 2008
director, ppo health network relation department
- spearheaded new ppo network development for health products.
- maintained strong working relationships with ppos in the us.
- analyzed contracted regional and national ppos to ensure quality, efficiency and effectiveness.
- negotiated and reviewed contracts and fees for maximum discounts for all products.
- developed tracking systems to ensure savings for the company and insured customers.
- implemented utilization review to maximize opportunities and cost control.
- audited claims randomly to verify network s discount applications.
- proposed a claims pre-payment project to contain costs for the company and insured customers.
- initiated and developed an executive strategic information project.
successfully completed analysis for indemnity and ppo products with an annual savings of $42,000,000.
developed network analysis for health products and proposal to mix networks by regions to maximize savings.
- developed a new ppo network department beginning with one staff member in 2004 and closed 2008 with a staff of 10.
- revamped the ppo network credentialing process to assure compliance with all state regulations.
- proposed a claims pre-payment project to contain costs for the company and insured customers saving $20,000,000 annually.
- proposed an annual cost reduction of $18,000,000 by establishing fraud and abuse controls.
director, hispanic marketing and operation of the hispanic service unit
(these duties ran concurrent with those of director, ppo health network department)
- primary role was to grow the hispanic business.
- managed a stand-alone business unit for hispanic customers, including new business, underwriting, claims information and customer service.
building strategy to launch sales into the hispanic market.
- strategy included market sites identification, consumer spending, and health insurance needs, advertising in mass the media, recruiting and training agents in spanish, among others.
revenue expectation projected at $150,000,000 over five years.
- developed sales assessment model for agents.
- developed marketing material and communication strategy for sales force.
- established business processes for the unit ensuring a quality interface of computer applications.
- developed and applied financial models for the unit while ensuring accounting accuracy.
- ensured that risk management principles were adhered to.
- evaluated risk management using established financial models.
- maintained a strong working relationship with other operating areas within the company to assure effectiveness.
successfully built a stand-alone business unit for spanish-speaking customers.
excellent design of processes to provide one stop shop service to our customers.
reduced the number of employees by developing multi-task skills for the phone reps.
developed strategy to obtain free leads for agents through our own customer base.
designed and developed marketing materials in spanish for field force.
obtained texas agent license to help train spanish-speaking agents in the field.
developed a 101 hispanic training model for agents to assist hispanic consumers.
developed a cross-border product for consumers that prefer to access care in mexico.
grupo nacional provincial, s.a., m xico (insurance company) sep 1995- oct 2001
vice-president of operations
- direct contact with the company s large group clients.
- responsible for the call center and claims operation.
- managed nationwide ppo network.
- responsible for contract negotiations with providers.
- responsible for cost control.
- supervised quality and service processes given to company clientele by the providers.
- participated in the development of the company s strategic plan and new product development.
- developed automation of the operation s processes.
- supervised operating expenses budget fulfillment.
yyyyyy x. yyyyyy
houston, tx 77063
name here of recipient
name here of company
dear recipient name:
recent research into company name prompted me to immediately update my resume for your review. based on my knowledge of this company, i am very interested in interviewing for state position you are seeking. i am skilled at operations and management, project management and analysis, working with extreme precision and within timeframes, and ensuring that productivity and best practices are implemented to increase overall efficiency of the operation. perhaps most importantly, i am a creative thinker and employee-focused professional and understand how to employ imaginative solutions to increase employee retention and motivate and develop human capital for any company.
i am accustomed to integrating into various cultures and environments and am experienced at working and collaborating with others. i bring to the table several years of formal training as well as a diverse professional background. additionally, i am an exceptionally hard worker and consider myself a strong team player. my enthusiasm comes from working directly with others, but i am able to work independently with great productivity if necessary. i am skilled at streamlining and improving processes as evidenced by my accomplishments and contributions to my past employers.
i assimilate into new environments easily and feel that i could quickly become part of your team. i enjoy the chance to work directly with various departmental resources in both learning and mentoring fashions. i am selectively seeking a company who is progressive thinking and in need of a professional who can make an immediate and positive impact on productivity and processes.
after your review of my resume, i hope you will agree that this would be a mutually beneficial arrangement. i plan to call you early next week. at that time, i can answer questions concerning my background and experience and we can discuss the desirability of an introductory meeting. please contact me sooner if you wish to talk before then. i look forward to speaking with you.
Remember: Hire Us To Write YOUR New Resume
And We GUARANTEE That If You’re Not Working In 60 Days Or Less,
We’ll Revise Your Resume, Refund Your Money,
AND Give You $50 EXTRA!