Hiring Agent Name
Please accept this letter in application for the Associate Vice President of Instruction and Learning Resources opportunity that is currently available with American River College. In advance, thank you for your time and consideration.
As indicated in the accompanying resume, I bring to you seasoned management experience in an educational setting, outstanding expertise in both business and personnel leadership, and significant abilities in directing programs, facilitating positive student relations, and orchestrating strategic business decisions and actions to maximize enrollment, community reputation and overall revenues. To complement these qualifications, I offer solid prioritization, critical thinking, organizational, and relationship-building skills.
As a proactive contributor to American River College, you will find me to be a driven professional and stellar leader committed to supporting you in achieving your objectives through superior performance and initiative. I am confident that I could be a valuable asset to your school and look forward to interviewing with you in the near future.
Yyyyyy x. yyyyyy
Seeking opportunity with American River College as the Associate Vice President of Instruction and Learning Resources where excellent academic credentials and solid education administration experience will immediately and positively benefit the institution.
Considerable experience in planning, coordinating and providing administrative leadership for college-level instructional programs and services.
As current Executive Vice President for Sacramento University, effectively drive all academic, administrative and student services.
As former Adjunct Assistant Professor of Marketing at The George Washington University, taught undergraduate courses in Marketing Research and Retail Marketing Management.
Keen abilities in coordinating instructors, assigning and scheduling workload, establishing policies and procedures, and preparing a wide range of in-depth reports.
Excel in public/community relations, budget administration, and optimizing student enrollment, satisfaction, and success; consistently exhibit a team player and collaborative work approach, prudence, and superior organizational skills.
Advanced understanding of and appreciation for the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability, and ethnic backgrounds of student population.
University of Sacramento, Sacramento, CA, 2001 to Present
Executive Vice President
Championed efforts to establish private university from the ground up to currently employing 15 full-time staff and 12 part-time faculty, serving 150 students, and generating $12M annually.
Formulated business plan and executed extensive market research to establish College of Business Administration and successfully proposed foundation to Trustees.
Gained international awareness and interest by launching Global Leadership MBA Program.
Applied dynamic analytical, organizational and leadership expertise to design, coordinate and implement Asian Study Experience in Manila for Global Leadership MBA.
Critically determined and led strategic planning, market research and analysis, and competitor intelligence to optimize school s fiscal performance, sustainability, and growth potential.
Lexis-Nexis/Martindale-Hubbell, New Providence, NJ, 1997 to 2001
Vice President, Electronic Publishing
- Played an integral role in driving company growth through proficiency in directing 40 personnel in development of internet, intranet, CD-ROM, and editorial systems and solutions.
Spearheaded development and deployment of innovative B2C website, lawyers.com, playing instrumental role in expanding and diversifying strategic market leveraging.
- Orchestrated $7M project to create a new editorial system for Martindale-Hubbell and led development and deployment of B2B Lawyer Locator search tool and website.
Yyyyyy x. yyyyyy ~ Page 2 of 2
Professional Experience continued
Disclosure, Inc., Bethesda, MD, 1995 to 1997
Director, Product R & D
- Charged with directing four Product Managers in planning, development and launch of innovative web-based financial application, Global Access and aggressively penetrated UK and Asian markets.
- Devised comprehensive strategic plan, defined functional specifications, coordinated software development, and steered stringent quality control and assurance.
- Proactively called on financial services firms to drive product awareness and secure business; captured first-year sales revenues of over $2.5M.
- Explored, pursued, negotiated and established strategic alliances with third-party vendors.
SkyTel, Washington, DC, 1994 to 1995
- Piloted product development, enhancements, and promotion of two-way paging applications.
- Exercised strong communication and interpersonal skills to deliver compelling and persuasive product presentations to key decision makers at FedEx and HP.
- Participated in development of PCMCIA paging products and created launch materials for direct sales force.
- Decisively assembled in-depth marketing plan for Lotus Notes Pager Gateway and oversaw market launch and development of associated training materials.
National Academy of Sciences, Washington, DC, 1991 to 1994
Senior Technology Manager C New Products
- Introduced mobile technology (i.e. laptops) to research staff, resulting in enhanced productivity and accessibility.
- Directed team in planning, development and deployment of strategic plan to achieve Internet connectivity among 1,200 workstations, and seamlessly partnered with technical staff in network installation.
Adjunct Assistant Professor of Marketing, The George Washington University, Washington, DC
Assistant Registrar for Computer Applications, Teachers College, Columbia University, New York, NY
Doctor of Philosophy, Education, Columbia University, graduated 1995
Dissertation: Engineering entrepreneurship: The organizational dimensions of technology transfer.
Master of Business Administration, Market Research, Pace University, graduated 1988
Bachelor of Arts, Psychology, University of Rochester, graduated Cum Laude 1985
Remember: Hire Us To Write YOUR New Resume
And We GUARANTEE That If You’re Not Working In 60 Days Or Less,
We’ll Revise Your Resume, Refund Your Money,
AND Give You $50 EXTRA!