Hiring Agent Name
I am currently seeking a challenging career opportunity as a (INSERT SUBJECT) Teacher and am submitting my resume for your review. In advance, thank you for your time and consideration.
As indicated in the accompanying resume, I bring to you excellent experience in developing, adapting, and delivering innovative math curriculum and lesson plans, and an exemplary blend of talents in special education, parent relations, student assessment, and assisting struggling students to achieve self-confidence. My extensive background in dealing with all types of students is extremely helpful when assisting those with developmental challenges. To complement these qualifications, I offer sharp communication, interpersonal, organizational and prioritization skills.
As a proactive contributor to your school, you will find me to be a highly motivated professional and stellar leader committed to supporting you in achieving your objectives through superior self-initiative, dedication and performance. I am confident that I could be a valuable asset to (INSERT NAME OF SCHOOL), and look forward to interviewing with you in the near future.
Yyyyyy x. yyyyyy
~ Dedicated Middle School Teacher eager to contribute extensive talents toward supporting
a dynamic school and its students in achieving academic goals and objectives. ~
- Proficiency in teaching Mathematics and sound experience in teaching Special Education.
Strategically leverage a variety of teaching strategies to accommodate students diverse needs, learning styles, cultures, physical/mental impairments, and socioeconomic backgrounds.
Cultivate a supportive learning environment to foster the academic, social, and cognitive growth of students.
Sound knowledge of supervisory practices, classroom management strategies, motivational techniques, and appropriate student discipline.
Apply professional demeanor toward positively representing the school district to parents and community, playing a key role in building critical relationships.
Able to develop lesson plans tailored to students' age and individual ability levels.
Exercise solid critical thinking abilities to evaluate student comprehension and progress.
Riverdale Middle School, Clayton County, 2000 to 2011
Special Education Teacher (2010 to 2011)
- Teach 6th Grade Math to small groups and 8th Grade Physical Science and Georgia History.
- Demonstrate well-developed leadership attributes as mentor teacher, giving ongoing guidance in lesson planning and classroom management to new teachers.
- Served on SACS (Southern Association of Colleges and Schools) Committee.
Math Teacher 6th Grade Honors/Collaborative/On Level Math (2009 to 2010)
Math Teacher 7th Grade Honors/Collaborative/On Level Math (2008 to 2009)
Math Teacher 7th Grade Honors & On Level Math (2006 to 2008)
- Proactively served as Math grade-level chair and chairperson of Student Support Team (SST).
- Led team to achieve highest pass percentage in CRCT (Criterion-Referenced Competency Test).
- Contributed a highly collaborative work ethic as mentor teacher.
- Motivated and empowered Math Club to win county competitions for two consecutive years.
Math Teacher 7th Grade Honors & Collaborative Math (2003 to 2006)
Math Teacher 7th Grade Honors & On Level Math (2000 to 2003)
- As Math Department Chair (2003 to 2006), coordinated curriculum development, participated in supervising personnel, and partnered with staff to improve and optimize student achievement.
- Championed efforts for Math Club to win Clayton County competition in 2005/2006.
Yyyyyy x. yyyyyy C Page 2 of 2
Professional Experience continued
Bear Creek Middle School, Fulton County, 1994 to 1999
Teacher C 6th Grade Earth Science & Reading (1998 to 1999)
Teacher C 7th Grade Math, Life Science & Reading (1994 to 1998)
- Demonstrated impressive versatility and initiative in sponsoring Junior Beta club and directing after-school tutorial program.
Master of Education, Curriculum and Instruction, Central Michigan University, 2000
Bachelor of Science, Major in Math; Minor in Science, Mercer University, 1994
T-5 Teaching Certificate
Teacher Support Specialist
Gifted in-Field Endorsement
Middle Grades (4-8) Math; Science; and Social Science
Special Education General Curriculum (P-12) Consultative
Georgia Mathematic League
National Council of teachers of Mathematics
National Science Teachers Association
Interviewer s Name
It was a pleasure speaking with you on [INSERT DATE HERE]. I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for the time you spent with me, as well as to express my appreciation for the information you offered. I am still very interested in the teaching position and I am convinced that it is the right job for me. I feel my background and qualifications prepare me well for the responsibilities we discussed.
The position as you described it to me would combine my strong skills in [INSERT TWO SKILLS OR QUALITIES HERE]. This would allow me to make the same valuable contribution to your school as I ve made to my past employers a win-win proposition for both of us.
Again, thank you for considering my qualifications. I enjoyed our talk, and am available at any time to provide you with any more information you may need. I look forward to hearing your decision.
Yyyyyy x. yyyyyy
Remember: Hire Us To Write YOUR New Resume
And We GUARANTEE That If You’re Not Working In 60 Days Or Less,
We’ll Revise Your Resume, Refund Your Money,
AND Give You $50 EXTRA!