Senior-level IT Professional eager to contribute exceptional talents in network engineering, administration and management toward supporting a dynamic organization in optimizing technological performance, competitiveness and security.
Possess active Top Secret / SCI security clearance.
Adept at high-level technical support, software and hardware configuration, network design and diagnostics, project coordination, and staff leadership.
Outstanding capabilities in diagnosing and rectifying complex technical errors and issues.
Command line and IOS experience on Cisco routers and Cisco Catalyst switches.
Advanced proficiency in network configuration, security, and management.
Extremely versatile; easily adapt to new roles, responsibilities, technologies and environments.
Excel in utilizing EIGRP, PIM, BGP, OSPF and Spanning-Tree protocols.
Highly skilled in configuring Access Control Lists and other IOS level security measures.
Achieve and maintain unparalleled responsiveness to critical operational needs through continued communication and cooperation.
Excellent problem solving and documentation skills; highly dependable, function well under pressure, and can work without supervision.
The Boeing Company, Mesa, AZ, 2009 to Present
NOC / SOC System Administrator
- Oversee administration, maintenance and monitoring of NOC (network operations center) and SOC (security operations center) with a constant eye on event monitoring, intrusion prevention, and business continuity.
- Critically evaluate system security architecture, recommend vulnerability mitigation approaches, and establish requirements to administer and optimize cross-training of security analysts.
- Appreciated for sensible judgment in interviewing potential new team members.
General Dynamics C4 Systems, Scottsdale, AZ, 2003 to 2009
Network / Systems Engineer
- Held accountability for configuration and administration of several engineering lab networks, design of IPv6 evaluation networks, and creating network diagrams using Microsoft Visio.
- Served as Information Systems Security Officer for closed area lab network comprised of several DOD classified information systems.
- Actively served as member of IPv6 Transitional working group.
- Presented with two Bronze Eagle awards for outstanding performance.
Yyyyyy x. yyyyyy ~ Page 2 of 2
Professional Experience continued
- Conducted systems testing and integration, authored formal test procedures based on precise customer requirements, and updated system documentation following implementation.
- Exhibited excellent project management expertise in tracking budgets exceeding $1M, collaborating with external vendors, meticulously tracking COTS (commercial off-the-shelf) product lifecycles, and formulating end-of-life risk mitigation strategies.
- Key member of Obsolescence Review Board; identified and assessed mitigation strategies to minimize downtime, control costs and fortify business continuity and stability.
- Demonstrated solid administrative and organizational skills in preparing quarterly reports.
Field Systems Engineer
- Applied strong communication and interpersonal skills toward delivering direct customer support and technical consulting for secured/unsecured tactical data networks.
- Efficiently set up and administered tactical data networks using both COTS and specialized DoD networking equipment.
- Played an integral role in supporting Solaris Unix servers and clients.
United States Marine Corps, 1992 to 2002
Data / Communications Technician
- Steadily advanced through a series of technically complex roles, gaining significant experience with secure communication systems.
- Recognized with Navy/Marine Corp Achievement Medal, two Certificates of Commendation, three Meritorious Masts, and two Letters of Appreciation based on superior performance, contributions and achievements.
- Expertly performed installation, maintenance, and repair of sophisticated DoD telecommunications, electronics, and computer equipment.
- Administered multiple versions of Windows and Unix operating systems, directed, motivated and mentored technicians, and seamlessly coordinated full spectrum of maintenance operations encompassing shop activities, staff performance evaluations, and budget tracking.
University of Phoenix, Phoenix, AZ
Bachelor of Science in Business / Information Systems, 2006
Associate of Arts / Electronic Technology, 2005
U.S. Marine Corps, 29 Palms, CA
Data Communication Technician
Cisco Certified Network Professional (in progress), MCC Network Academy, Mesa, AZ
(ISC)2 CISSP (Certified Information Systems Security Professional), 2009
CCNA (Cisco Certified Network Associate), 2008
JACMET Level 1 Project Management Certificate, Arizona State University, Mesa, AZ, 2007
Remember: Hire Us To Write YOUR New Resume
And We GUARANTEE That If You’re Not Working In 60 Days Or Less,
We’ll Revise Your Resume, Refund Your Money,
AND Give You $50 EXTRA!