Experienced Research Scientist eager to contribute talents in pharmacology and investigative biology toward supporting a dynamic company in achieving business objectives.
Considerable experience in planning, coordinating, managing and completing a broad range of research projects specializing in vivo pharmacology and biology.
Adept at analyzing drug safety through in-depth toxicology assessments.
Proficiency in designing experiments, ensuring compliance, administering quality control to ensure accuracy of data, and maintaining lab instruments and equipment.
Dependable and extremely productive; reliably ensure and perform a thorough and quality job in all endeavors.
Keen organizational, interpersonal, decision-making, and analytical skills.
Ability to establish effective and cohesive working relationships with all levels of an organization.
Polished multi-tasking abilities; gracefully balance competing priorities.
Algos Preclinical Services, St Paul, Minnesota, 2009 to Present
Conduct in vivo pharmacology experiments for domestic and international clients in support of pain discovery programs, successfully and reliably completing all initiatives within strict timelines.
Demonstrate exemplary versatility in executing experiments such as acute and chronic inflammatory assays, neuropathic pain assays, GI functional assays, and drug delivery system evaluations.
Appreciated for proactively coaching, training, mentoring and advising junior staff.
Contributed to driving company revenue growth by attracting major account worth over $250K within first four months with Algos.
Adolor Corporation, Exton, PA, 2001 to 2009
Research Scientist II
- As Principal Investigator, steered full-scope in vivo experiments in rats and mice from experimental design with appropriate control groups and set up, to data collection, analysis, and interpretation.
- Spearheaded acute antinociceptive assays, inflammation induced-hyperalgesia assays, and behavioral assays to assess side effects or other potential therapeutic benefits of novel compounds.
- Established and validated experimental protocols from literature, and effectively modified procedures when appropriate.
- Compiled and presented research findings at group meetings and National Society meetings.
- Served as liaison to DEA and as Controlled Substance Vault Custodian.
- Demonstrated commitment to compliance and accountability as active member of IACUC (Institutional Animal Care and Use Committee) as well as Employee Health and Safety Committee.
Yyyyyy x. yyyyyy ~ Page 2 of 2
Professional Experience continued
Schering-Plough Corporation, Lafayette, NJ, 1999 to 2001
Study Director / Senior Team Associate
- Led specialized toxicology efforts as Study Director & Acute Team Coordinator, successfully managing GLP/non-GLP in vivo acute, and short-term studies vital to drug development efforts.
- As Senior Team Associate for general toxicology research, oversaw GLP drug safety studies in large and small animals.
- Efficiently steered all project phases including protocol development, study design, documentation, data tabulation and audits, and final report preparation and submission.
- Presented with two Going the Extra Mile awards for displaying exceptional performance, and consistently surpassed all project deadlines.
Nycomed-Amersham Imaging PLC, Wayne, PA, 1994 to 1999
Senior Research Scientist
Directed over 65 studies in a six-month-time period, leveraging outstanding leadership talents to coordinate team in inoculating large and small animal tumor models, monitoring their progress, and evaluating body versus tumor uptake of radiolabeled and non-radiolabeled ligands.
Expertly used analytical equipment in developing extraction techniques (from tissue matrices) to determine utility of imaging agents for x-ray, MRI, ultrasound, gamma, and light imaging modalities.
Exhibited precise attention to detail in conducting binding and inhibition assays using radiolabeled and cold peptides on cells and cell fragments.
Resourcefully developed dog anti-tetanus-toxoid ELISA (enzyme-linked immunosorbent assay).
Maintained primary human and animal tumor cell cultures for in vivo implantation vital to imaging vascularity differences of high potential metastatic vs. low potential non-metastatic tumors.
Drew upon significant organizational skills in documenting and managing all phases of GLP drug safety studies in large and small animals, tabulating complex data, preparing reports, and functioning as Study Director on several occasions.
Additional Experience includes:
Research Scientist, Sterling Winthrop Pharmaceuticals Research Division, Collegeville, PA
Certified County Executive Director, USDA / ASCS, Syracuse, NY
General Manager, Deanvale Dairy Farm, Marion, NY
M.S. in Health/Public Health, Concentration in Public Health/Toxicology, West Chester University, West Chester, PA, 2003, 3.9 GPA
B.S. in Animal Science, Minor in Agricultural Economics, Cornell University, Ithaca, NY
Certified LATG (Laboratory Animal Technologist), American Association for Laboratory Animal Science
Electronic Data Capture/Management Systems: Topaz/Granite, Datatox, Xybion, Places, Labcat.
Office & Statistical Software: MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, GraphPad Prism™, SPSS.
Hiring Agent Name
I am currently seeking a challenging career opportunity as a Research Scientist and am submitting my resume for your review. In advance, thank you for your time and consideration.
As indicated in the accompanying resume, I bring to you an outstanding background in pharmaceutical research, substantial experience in responsibly working with and caring for laboratory animals, and excellent abilities in establishing and validating study protocols, developing and managing a wide range of assays, and performing comprehensive data analysis. To complement these qualifications, I offer solid planning, documentation, prioritization, and communication skills which are essential as a Research Scientist.
As a proactive contributor to your organization, you will find me to be a self-motivated professional committed to supporting you in achieving your objectives through integrity and dedication. I am confident that I could be a valuable asset to your company, and look forward to interviewing with you in the near future.
Yyyyyy x. yyyyyy
Remember: Hire Us To Write YOUR New Resume
And We GUARANTEE That If You’re Not Working In 60 Days Or Less,
We’ll Revise Your Resume, Refund Your Money,
AND Give You $50 EXTRA!