Dedicated and results-focused IT Management Professional eager to contribute exceptional
systems engineering, staff leadership, and change management expertise toward supporting a progressive organization in optimizing bottom-line performance.
Substantial technical savvy with solid experience in a broad range of IT arenas such as software development, database administration, SQL Server support, hardware/software upgrades and maintenance, and change management.
Well-versed in the complete software development lifecycle (SDLC).
Successfully designed, implemented and administered DBA Services across organization.
Exemplary capabilities in scrutinizing, diagnosing and rectifying complex technical errors and issues, and thoroughly documenting procedures.
Extremely versatile; easily adapt to new roles, responsibilities, technologies and environments.
Achieve and maintain unparalleled responsiveness to critical operational needs through continued communication and cooperation.
Highly dependable, function well under pressure, and can work without supervision.
Adept at applying disaster recovery strategies and contingency plans to safeguard vital information.
Microsoft Corporation, Redmond, WA, 1998 to Present
Lead Systems Engineer, BPO-S (2010 to Present)
- Steadily advanced through multiple promotions based on proven technical acumen and leadership expertise to most recently overseeing BOS BI (Business Intelligence) Service for BPO-S organization.
- Evaluate, select, and manage vendors based on reliability, cost effectiveness, and quality.
- Contribute strong troubleshooting capabilities toward supporting BPO-S online platform and seamlessly coordinating software defect triage process.
- Demonstrate impressive versatility in administering health program, tracking and managing budgets, and on-boarding new employees.
Systems Engineer, Live Meeting (2009)
- Spearheaded full-scope operations for billing application and provided critical support to Business Intelligence system and SharePoint Online.
Change Management, MMS SI (2005 to 2009)
- Oversaw complete change management process for MSI Support Team inclusive of training and dissemination of information.
- Conducted frequent audits of change management process to ensure efficiency and effectiveness.
- Fostered and maintained cooperative efforts with Change Coordinators to ensure change requests adhered to stringent pre-acceptance criteria.
Yyyyyy x. yyyyyy C Page 2 of 2
Professional Experience continued
DBA Service Program Management, XIT (2005 to 2009)
- Diligently assembled, maintained and obtained sign-off for SLA (service level agreement), OLA (operational level agreement) and related policies.
- Prepared and provided month-end status report to MMS clients and hosted monthly meetings to communicate progress.
- Applied dynamic communication skills toward facilitating strong client relations and serving as escalation point for service issues.
- Served as XIT liaison for PSIT, adeptly providing training and guidance on MMS processes and procedures.
Monitoring Administrator, XIT (2005 to 2009)
- Steered configuration, updates and maintenance of XIT monitoring infrastructure with a constant focus on optimizing security and availability.
- Deployed DBA-specific management packs provided by PSIT Technology Services team.
- Actively supported break/fix activities for XIT monitoring infrastructure.
Database Administrator, EAS (1998 to 2004)
- Collaboratively delivered Tier 2 support to 800+ SQL Servers (2005 and 2000) within 24x7 mission-critical software development environment.
- Proficiently maintained thousands of databases up to 150 GB in size.
- Resourcefully standardized hardware and software configuration for SQL Servers.
- Formulated custom plans for each Priority 1 database spanning areas such as database capacity, disk space, blocking, transaction log backups, and fragmentation.
- Enhanced database availability by implementing Log Shipping/Clustering, and analyzed, documented and swiftly resolved errors uncovered.
- Implemented and administered failovers and upgrades for Active/Active and Active/Passive Clustering on Windows 2000 Advanced Server.
- Evaluated database performance with SQL Profiler and SQLDIAG utilities, and efficiently optimized indexes to expedite queries.
- Authored step-by-step disaster recovery strategies for power-cycling SQL Server and recovering database after data corruption or failed hardware.
Prior Background includes role as Programmer/Analyst, John Deere, Moline, IL, 1996 to 1998
M.S. Computer Science, Marycrest International University, Davenport, IA, graduated 1998
Operating Systems: Windows 2003/2008 Server, Windows XP, Red Hat Linux 6.0
Databases: Microsoft SQL Server, DB2, Access, Oracle 8i
And We GUARANTEE That If You’re Not Working In 60 Days Or Less,
We’ll Revise Your Resume, Refund Your Money,
AND Give You $50 EXTRA!