yyyyyy x. yyyyyy
0000 xxxxxx xxxx , xxxx , xxxxx 00000
phone: (xxx-xxx-xxxx / ( xxx-xxx-xxxx
results-oriented corporate communications and public relations specialist eager to contribute talents toward actively supporting a progressive organization in optimizing business/client development and bottom-line revenue performance.
proficiency in event planning and coordination, writing and editing, project management, and employee relations.
resourcefully cultivate, nurture and enhance employee engagement, morale and enthusiasm through innovative communication strategies and channels.
excel in writing and designing corporate newsletters, conducting focus groups to solicit feedback, administering leadership training programs, and building strong internal and external relationships.
outstanding blend of organizational, negotiating, prioritization, analytical and leadership expertise.
identify and implement tactics and approaches to achieve strategic corporate objectives, control costs, improve processes, and increase employee involvement and commitment.
display a collaborative work ethic and a superior level of adaptability and initiative.
comcast cable, miramar/miami, fl, 2003 to 2008
communications manager, sfl region (2005 to 2008)
- reporting to vp of human resources, administered regional communications program and conducted leadership classes and new hire orientation.
- as an hr business partner, provided consultative guidance to management regarding employee development, morale, productivity, and overall performance.
- liaised between information technology department and senior management to translate complex information into innovative job aids to assist employees in efficiently mastering and navigating new sap system and associated policies and procedures.
- streamlined email communications by 50% while effectively minimizing internal bandwidth usage.
- elevated employee morale and involvement by teaming with human resources and comcast university to promote leadership training courses, boosting participation by 85%.
- led team in producing regional quarterly newsletter that increased readership by 45%, and collaborated with it in design of sharepoint website to expedite article submissions.
- exercised strong negotiating talents to reduce vendor costs for newsletter by 20%.
- played an integral role in communicating and promoting local sponsored events, product and sales promotions, and employee incentive programs to maximize sales and charitable contributions.
- employed outstanding motivational, communication and interpersonal skills to heighten employee participation by 25% region-wide for staff recognition program, united way, and comcast cares day .
- prepared employee survey presentations and facilitated employee focus groups in conjunction with executive management to support company improvement efforts and optimize personnel satisfaction.
yyyyyy x. yyyyyy ~ page 2 of 2
professional experience continued
internal communications coordinator, miramar, fl (2004 to 2005)
- strategically spearheaded employee communications spanning corporate, division and region and contributed to maintaining up-to-date intranet page.
- demonstrated exemplary organizational strengths to plan and co-facilitate recruiting events including open houses, designed visually-appealing recruiting ads, and created eye-catching interview appointment cards.
- championed clear and concise communications strategies to increase readership comprehension and targeted audiences and cultivate relationships with business leaders.
- assembled, edited, and distributed bi-monthly region-wide newsletter in strict compliance with budget and timeline parameters.
public / community affairs coordinator, miami, fl (2003 to 2004)
- significantly improved company brand awareness by orchestrating various external community events and initiatives.
contributed dynamic communication skills toward actively collaborating in government and community meetings and contract negotiations supporting public affairs.
- streamlined event management and reduced associated expenses 30% by designing community affairs event calendar and checklist for marketing, production and traffic departments.
comcast corporation, philadelphia, pa, 1999 to 2003
- proactively supported executive vice president of external affairs and senior director of public/community affairs by conducting extensive research, scheduling meetings and conference calls, and acquiring materials for meetings.
university of phoenix
b.s. degree, business management
strategic communication management certificate roy h. park school of communications, ithaca college (in progress)
effective communications & human relations certificate dale carnegie
level 1 training certificate
human capital management certificate shrm
iabc (international association of business communicators)
wict (women in cable telecommunications) sfl chapter
namic (national association for multi-ethnicity in communications)
shrm (society of human resources management)
nna (national notary association) notary public for state of florida
Remember: Hire Us To Write YOUR New Resume
And We GUARANTEE That If You’re Not Working In 60 Days Or Less,
We’ll Revise Your Resume, Refund Your Money,
AND Give You $50 EXTRA!