Senior-Level Global Benefits & Compensation Executive eager to contribute extensive talents toward supporting a progressive organization in optimizing bottom-line performance.
Proficiency in compensation program design and management including base pay salary structure, annual merit increases, and incentive programs including executive compensation/bonus initiatives. Excel in project management, process improvements, and overseeing mergers and acquisitions including due diligence, divestitures and integration. 15+ years of experience in strategically designing, implementing and administering global benefits and compensation programs with a constant focus on compliance, reporting, and labor cost containment. Focused and methodical problem solver with a proven track record of executing novel solutions to meet established goals and needs. Appreciated for a cohesive and collaborative work ethic. Highly skilled in organizational development and restructuring, total quality management, and succession planning.
Slashed health care expenses for Sealed Air Corp. by $7M in 2009 through redesign of Health & Welfare programs, effectively negotiating renewal rates, and strengthening vendor relationships.
Applied sharp analytical thinking abilities toward instituting alternative pooling strategies which decreased multi-national pooling premiums for Sealed Air Corporation by 10%.
Identified savings of 20% for Sealed Air Corp. by renegotiating vendor contracts and introducing Service Level Agreements.
Facilitated effective vendor relations at Rio Tinto resulting in achieving cost reduction of 25%.
Enhanced personnel retention and morale by establishing Watson Wyatt s first stock award program as well as new Long-Term Incentive Plan for C-level executives.
Actively contributed to recruitment efforts by devising and initiating Watson Wyatt s college recruiting program.
Sealed Air Corporation, Elmwood Park, NJ, 2008 to Present
Director, Total Rewards
Spearhead global benefits activities and serve on global total rewards team tasked with administration, implementation and development of global benefits and compensation programs.
Consistently ensure regulatory compliance and conformance to internal audit requirements.
Resourcefully reduced and minimized cost instability by implementing funding policies and asset immunization strategies for global pension plans valued at $200M.
Pioneered company s first global salary and bonus administration process.
Direct, motivate, manage, evaluate and supervise benefits merger and acquisition team.
Rio Tinto, Salt Lake City, UT, 2007 to 2008
Principal Advisor, US Benefits Compliance
Senior Team Lead, Retirement and Savings
- Directed, administered, and designed US and Canadian benefits inclusive of Health & Welfare, Retirement, and Deferred Compensation programs.
Yyyyyy x. yyyyyy ~ Page 2 of 2
Professional Experience continued
- Demonstrated outstanding leadership expertise toward directing daily operations of Retirement and Savings department and implementing process improvements to elevate productivity.
- Championed outsourcing of defined benefit pension plan administration, vital to boosting efficiency and quality control.
- Successfully orchestrated conversion from defined benefit to defined contribution plan design.
- Exercised strong planning, organizational, and prioritization skills to seamlessly coordinate merger and acquisition activities and benefits divestiture teams.
Watson Wyatt Worldwide, 1997 to 2007
Director of Operations, Retirement Practice (2000 to 2007)
Director of Human Resources, Retirement Practice (2004 to 2006)
Retirement Consultant (1997 to 2007)
- Devised, coordinated and led broad-based projects for several functional areas such as Quality Assurance, Finance, Marketing, and Human Resources.
- Adeptly served as Relationship/Project Manager and Consultant for Fortune 500 clients, swiftly resolving benefits-related issues, reviewing FAS 87 valuations, and revising plan designs.
- Teamed with Compensation Committee to formulate and administer compensation programs during assignment as Interim Compensation Director.
- Proficiently led HR operations encompassing recruitment, staff development, succession planning, promotions, and compensation/benefits within Retirement line of business.
- Managed benefits issues relevant to mergers and acquisitions and overhauled defined benefit and defined contribution plans.
- Played a pivotal role in driving cost control by scrutinizing salary survey data to administer compensation and bonus structure for Retirement line of business.
- Innovatively developed mentoring program for mid-career employees, significantly expediting and improving competency levels and performance.
Prior Background included role as Canadian Actuarial Analyst, Towers Perrin.
Associate, Society of Actuaries
CCP designation (Certified Compensation Professional) in progress
Actuarial Science & Psychology Degree Studies, University of Toronto
Society of Actuaries
Canadian Institute of Actuaries
World at Work
Society of Human Resources Management
Hiring Agent Name
I am currently seeking a challenging career opportunity in a global benefits and compensation management capacity and am submitting my resume for your review. In advance, thank you for your time and consideration.
As indicated in the accompanying resume, I offer a seasoned background in directing global benefits and compensation programs, proficiency in employee relations, and advanced expertise in compliance, performance management, and complete HR leadership, specializing in mergers and acquisitions. To complement these qualifications, I offer strong experience in recruiting, HRIS administration, change management, and budget administration.
As a proactive contributor to your organization, you will find me to be a driven professional and stellar leader committed to supporting you in achieving your objectives through superior performance, experience, and leadership. I am confident that I could be a valuable asset to your company, and look forward to interviewing with you in the near future.
Yyyyyy x. yyyyyy
Remember: Hire Us To Write YOUR New Resume
And We GUARANTEE That If You’re Not Working In 60 Days Or Less,
We’ll Revise Your Resume, Refund Your Money,
AND Give You $50 EXTRA!