~ Dedicated and experienced Nursing Professional eager to combine exceptional leadership and clinical expertise toward supporting a dynamic organization in delivering exemplary patient care. ~
Adeptness in patient advocacy, health promotion and education, and caring for patients of diverse cultures, ages, and backgrounds.
Exhibit a collaborative work ethic and a friendly personality which facilitates immediate trust with patients; possess a broad spectrum of clinical skills.
Versatile and easily adapt to new roles, responsibilities, technologies/equipment, and hospital units/environments.
Excel in communicating with multi-disciplinary health care team members to steer cohesive efforts and optimize safety and quality of care.
Reputation for dedication, problem solving skills, leadership attributes, and commitment to continuous learning; considerable experience in precepting and directing nursing staff.
Advanced knowledge of medical terminology, HIPAA compliance requirements, and JCAHO standards
Reliably assess complex situations to make swift and accurate decisions in time-sensitive environments.
Healthfield / Gentiva, Marietta, Georgia, 2004 to 2008
Community Home Health, Smyrna, Georgia, 2002 to 2004
Central Home Health, Douglasville, Georgia, 1999 to 2002
- Applied keen organizational strengths toward seamlessly scheduling, coordinating and monitoring top-quality care for up to 60 acute and chronic patients concurrently.
- Critically evaluated applicants qualifications for services and developed care plans which focused on family-centered care, patient education, and health promotion.
- Leveraged excellent clinical skills to provide skilled intervention via IV therapy, high-tech home infusions , IV antibiotic therapy, TPN (total parenteral nutrition), and wound VAC therapy.
- Exhibited outstanding interpersonal and communication skills in educating and training clients, caregivers, patients and family members in broad-based disease processes, medications, safety compliance, and emergency/disaster responses and protocols.
- Defined and implemented successful wound care protocols and established unified efforts and communication with physicians.
- Delegated assignments, monitored quality control and compliance, and ensured patient satisfaction to maximize referrals and reputation.
Debra Dotts, R.N., Page 2 of 2
Professional Experience continued
Top of Texas Home Health Agency, Amarillo, Texas, 1995 to 1999
- Effectively coordinated and delivered patient care, partnered with multi-disciplinary team members (doctors, nutritionist, physical therapist, occupational therapist, and social workers), maintained precise documentation, and appreciated for displaying exceptional follow-through skills.
- Administered medications, updated charts, and actively participated in discharge planning.
Northwest Texas Healthcare System, Amarillo, Texas, 1994 to 1995
Registered Nurse C SICU / MICU / CCU
- Proficiently operated ventilators, performed blood transfusions, and meticulously documented lab values/test results in patients charts.
- Administered tracheotomy care, IV therapy and TPN.
- Diligently monitored cardiac monitors and initiated emergency care for patients with life-threatening arrhythmias.
- Support and facilitate cooperative efforts among nutritionist, physical therapists, respiratory therapists, and physicians.
- Meticulously calculated and recorded cardiac output systemic vascular resistance (SVR) and cardiac indexes.
Associate Degree in Nursing / Registered Nurse, Amarillo College, 1994
Continuing Education & Certifications:
Ø Continued Development of Critical Care Skills
Ø Insertion and Care of PICC, Midline & Midclavicular vascular access devices
Ø Pressure Stasis
Ø Wound Care Management
Ø Venous Access Devices
Ø Women And Heart Disease
Ø Diabetes Educators Workshop 2002
Ø Georgia Nursing Law
Ø Cancer Chemotherapy Provider; continuous education on current treatments and regimens
Hiring Agent Name
I am currently seeking a challenging career opportunity in <insert job title/position> capacity and am submitting my resume for your review. In advance, thank you for your time and consideration.
As indicated in the accompanying resume, I bring to you a substantial background as a registered nurse, an excellent blend of clinical skills and management acumen, and the flexibility to skillfully handle simultaneous priorities with an unwavering commitment to accuracy and efficiency. To complement these qualifications, I offer solid organizational, multi-tasking, and supervisory skills which are essential as a <insert job title/position>.
As a proactive contributor to your hospital/organization, you will find me to be a self-motivated professional committed to supporting you in achieving your objectives through diligence, flexibility, and superior patient relations skills. I am confident that I could be a valuable asset to your hospital/organization, and look forward to interviewing with you in the near future.
Debra Dotts, R.N.
Interviewer s Name
It was a pleasure (speaking with you/meeting with you) on [insert date here]. I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for the time you spent with me, as well as to express my appreciation for the information you offered. I am still very interested in the <insert job title/position> position, and I am convinced that it is the right job for me. I feel my background and qualifications prepare me well for the responsibilities we discussed.
The position as you described it to me would combine my strong skills in [insert two skills or qualities here]. This would allow me to make the same valuable contribution to your organization as I ve made to my past employers a win-win proposition for both of us.
(Choose one of the two paragraphs below, depending on whether or not you have, or have not yet, interviewed with the person)
(I am eager to meet with you in person to further discuss my background and qualifications. Please feel free to contact me at the above phone numbers so we can continue the discussion we began over the telephone.)
(Again, thank you for considering my qualifications. I enjoyed our talk, and am available at any time to provide you with any more information you may need. I look forward to hearing your decision.)
Debra Dotts, R.N.
Remember: Hire Us To Write YOUR New Resume
And We GUARANTEE That If You’re Not Working In 60 Days Or Less,
We’ll Revise Your Resume, Refund Your Money,
AND Give You $50 EXTRA!