~ Seeking opportunity as Corporate Vice President of Pharmacy where exceptional business administration expertise, interpersonal skills, and a continuous focus on quality improvement will provide and immediate and positive impact to the employer. ~
Offering a significant background in managed care, long-term care, retail pharmacy operations, home infusion, and system design and implementation.
Considerable human resources experience includes recruiting, interviewing, hiring, training, supervision, and performance evaluations.
Able to steer highly efficient daily pharmacy operations with a constant eye on maximizing profitability and customer service while maintaining cost-effective inventory control.
Advanced knowledge of medication safety, quality control, and driving cost-saving initiatives which are vital to achieving and optimizing business growth.
Strong abilities in strategic business planning, process improvements, and team-building.
Substantial blend of administrative, clinical, leadership, financial, and operational expertise.
Memorial Home Care, South Bend, IN, 2004 to Present
Director of Pharmacy
- Spearhead full-scope home infusion, retail and compounding pharmacy operations.
- Hold P&L accountability for $10M+ in annual revenue generated between three pharmacies.
Kroger, South Bend, IN, 2003 to 2004
Retail Pharmacy Manager
- Directed customer-focused pharmacy operations inclusive of inventory management, staffing, patient consultation, and prescription dispensing.
- Created, maintained and enforced procedures to achieve and optimize quality assurance, security of controlled substances, and disposal of hazardous waste drugs.
Partners Health Plan, South Bend, IN, 2001 to 2003
Director of Pharmacy Programs
Leveraged extensive clinical background and solid management acumen to analyze and devise policies and procedures for clinical pharmacy programs and medication formulary development.
Critically evaluated pharmacoeconomic data of medications to control and/or reduce costs, optimize clinical effectiveness, and ensure safety.
Entrusted with retail pharmaceutical spending of approximately $2M per month.
Tyrone Armstead, R.Ph., MBA ~ Page 2 of 2
Professional Experience continued
NeighborCare, South Bend, IN, 1998 to 2001
Area Clinical Manager / Pharmacy Consultant
- Proficiently supervised consultant pharmacists and medical records departments to ensure consistent regulatory compliance, provide support and mentoring, and rectify identified problems.
- Provided high-level consulting expertise to nine nursing facilities throughout northern Indiana.
- Merged sharp attention to detail and accuracy with superior analytical skills to conduct utilization review of medical records for nursing home patients.
Recommended therapy changes in accordance with clinical criteria as well as state and federal regulations.
Retail Pharmacy Manager, Kroger, South Bend, IN, 1996 to 1998
Operations Manager, United Professional Companies, South Bend, IN, 1994 to 1996
Project Leader; General Manager, Health Quest Corporation, South Bend, IN, 1985 to 1994
MBA, Bethel College, Mishawaka, IN
BS Pharmacy, Wayne State University, Detroit, MI
Registered Pharmacist, Hutzel Hospital, Detroit MI
Active Michigan and Indiana state Pharmacy Licensure
Hiring Agent Name
Please accept this letter and accompanying resume in application for the Corporate Vice President of Pharmacy opportunity that is available with <insert name of company>. In advance, thank you for your time and consideration.
I bring to you a substantial background in directing pharmaceutical care services, exemplary expertise in pharmacy operations management, and an excellent blend of talents in personnel leadership, budget administration, P&L, relationship-building, and ensuring strict regulatory compliance. To complement these qualifications, I offer first-rate planning, critical thinking, and organizational skills.
As a proactive contributor to your organization, you will find me to be a highly motivated professional and stellar leader committed to supporting you in achieving your objectives through superior self-initiative and unparalleled prioritization skills. I am confident that I am an ideal candidate for this role, and hope to hear from you soon.
Yyyyyy x. yyyyyy
Remember: Hire Us To Write YOUR New Resume
And We GUARANTEE That If You’re Not Working In 60 Days Or Less,
We’ll Revise Your Resume, Refund Your Money,
AND Give You $50 EXTRA!