Senior Quality Engineer with exceptional experience in supplier relations eager to contribute talents toward supporting a progressive company in achieving business goals and objectives.
- Highly methodical problem solver with significant background in quality engineering, design review, supplier quality engineering, systems testing, and continuous improvement.
Proficiency in directing and managing QA and QC plans, programs, audits, and initiatives for aerospace and defense industries.
Well-developed capabilities in root cause analysis, process design and management, and supplier chain management.
Outstanding expertise in all areas of QC/QA inclusive of FMEA, APQP, PPAP, and SPC.
Highly skilled in leveraging Kaizen and Six Sigma methods and techniques to establish reliable quality systems and achieve compliance with stringent criteria; Green-belt trained.
Employ proactive corrective and preventative actions to reinforce QC within manufacturing environments.
Demonstrated ability to set up, implement, and administer comprehensive quality systems, interpret complex specifications, and devise quality procedures and work instructions.
Advanced user of Microsoft Office Suite software and trained in use of PRO/Engineer Wildfire 3.0.
Lockheed Martin Missiles and Fire Control (LMMFC), Dallas, Texas, 1985 to Present
Quality Engineer / Design Reviewer (2009 to Present)
- As primary design reviewer, spearhead quality control and assurance for remote controller device program and driverless ground vehicle program.
- Effectively partner with Product Development s Rapid Response team and provide CMM and inspection instructions.
- Active member of MRB (Materials Review Board) for instant design changes.
- Provide essential verification support for environmental and acceptance testing of final assemblies.
Offsite Supplier Field Quality Engineer (2005 to 2009)
- Provided technical, management and quality support on major components within four major Tactical Missile Programs and one mobile ground launch platform.
- Extensively supported L3 Communications Fuzing & Ordnance, Inc. (FOS), in Cincinnati, Ohio through continuous improvement efforts and Kaizen initiatives on surface mount technology, production operations, and systematic procedural changes.
- Facilitated bi-weekly communication meetings with Senior Vice President and Program Manager and a weekly discussions with QA and Manufacturing personnel at FOS.
- Proficiently delivered program support to four major electronic fuze products and one emerging program while providing regular status updates to team members in Texas.
Yyyyyy x. yyyyyy C Page 2 of 2
Professional Experience continued
- Seamlessly cooperated with suppliers Purchasing staff and Program Managers to resolve broad-scope issues, and became member of suppliers MRB to provide immediate insight to Lockheed Martin regarding proposed supplier changes.
- Recognized by FOS in 2008 for extraordinary role in Lean/Kaizen practices and principles as well as advanced quality/reliability risk management support.
LMMFC Program Quality Manager (2004 to 2005)
- Steered quality functions for UK Missile Launcher program focusing on development of a high-speed electric drive for a track vehicle.
- Demonstrated exemplary flexibility MRB member, supplier liaison, cost account manager, and sole design reviewer.
- Diligently identified and alerted program management of potentially problematic major supplier requiring active monitoring and intervention.
LMMFC Program Quality Manager (2002 to 2004)
- Administered guided missile program during EMD/SDD phase of program with full accountability for support of a new rocket payload and motor section.
- Adeptly functioned as QA cost account manager on three different spinoff programs.
- Resourcefully instituted Defect Report Matrix which provided highly informative and influential weekly report for senior management.
- Vital contributor to Six Sigma events conducted internally and at domestic and European supplier locations.
- Leveraged strong negotiating skills to result in LMMFC being awarded a Follow-On Development program still in production and considered a major part of LMMFC family of programs.
Program QE Specialist (1999 to 2002)
- Contributed sharp attention to detail in performing in-depth design review.
- Collaborated with supplier in ensuring and optimizing product development and procurement quality.
- Analyzed and developed special processes, tooling and acceptance criteria on two rocket programs.
- Conveyed precise and comprehensive design requirements to internal team and supplier base.
- As member of Integrated Product Teams, communicated with NATO, Government Project Office and suppliers to achieve cohesive and cooperative program operations.
QE Specialist (1994 to 1999)
- Functioned as primary design reviewer and enforced supplier quality.
- Held SME and MRB sign-off authority on all mechanical, electrical and electronic design changes and concepts.
- Drove unified efforts among multi-disciplinary personnel during full-scope EMD product design, development and integration verification at offsite facility.
- Teamed with program supplier base to assess comprehension of design requirements and verify capability of meeting contract requirements.
Prior background includes role as QA Engineering Lead on multiple rocket warhead programs and fire control systems as well as service with the United States Navy - honorably discharged.
Hiring Agent Name
Are you currently seeking an accomplished Quality Engineering Manager with proficiency in supplier relationship management? If so, I m submitting my resume for your review. In advance, thank you for your time and consideration.
In addition to extensive quality control and assurance experience with rocket and missile launcher programs, I bring to you an outstanding background in identifying and swiftly resolving quality deficiencies, a proven track record in designing and implementing comprehensive supplier quality management systems, and solid expertise in continuous improvement including Kaizen and Sig Sigma methodologies. To complement these qualifications, I am Greenbelt trained and offer substantial and successful experience in overseeing supplier corrective action to meet strict corporate requirements and objectives.
If selected to join your organization, you will find me to be an extremely detail-focused professional and stellar leader committed to supporting you in achieving your objectives through superior performance and initiative. I would most certainly be a valuable asset to <insert name of company>, and look forward to interviewing with you in the near future.
Yyyyyy x. yyyyyy
Remember: Hire Us To Write YOUR New Resume
And We GUARANTEE That If You’re Not Working In 60 Days Or Less,
We’ll Revise Your Resume, Refund Your Money,
AND Give You $50 EXTRA!