chief operations executive eager to contribute seasoned management talents toward supporting a dynamic organization in optimizing bottom-line performance.
significant experience in directing multi-billion dollar company operations with proven success in p&l, business development, strategic planning, staffing/hiring, budgeting, and contract administration. excel in change management, team-building and leadership, regulatory compliance, program management, and establishing strategic partnerships which propel dramatic business growth. extensive experience in general operations management, active problem solving, lean methods, quality control, improving company statistics, and reducing overall costs. outstanding blend of interpersonal, analytical, negotiating and communication skills; fluent in arabic and english.
- played a pivotal role in achieving close to $8m in battelle s p&l potential.
- achieved best operational performance in department of energy complex during record 20% growth in staff and 40% increase in funding.
- functioned as crisis manager for battelle s corporate headquarters, and led emergency operation center in swiftly and effectively managing security threats and emergencies.
- nurtured and maintained strategic partnerships with customers to elevate satisfaction ratings by 10%.
- repeatedly earned recognition from top-level management for accomplishments in capital efficiency; led average annual net operating margin of $1.7m to exceed goals by 354%.
- slashed program expenses by $40m through accelerated federal funding disbursements.
- oversaw strategic negotiation of program closeout issues to win $7.5m settlement from department of energy.
- nominated for department of energy quest award based on exemplary leadership expertise.
battelle, golden, co; columbus, oh; amarillo, tx; 1984 to 2011
executive director / chief operating officer (2008 to 2011)
- collaboratively managed strategic corporate initiative to win $2b management and operating (m&o) contract at national renewable energy laboratory in golden, colorado.
- directed operations for concurrent construction projects following contract award with a focus on regulatory (health and safety) compliance, recruiting, and process improvements.
- proficiently developed and implemented organization s performance dashboard using balanced scorecard to track and report on strategic metrics.
- doubled staff for assigned unit to support rapid growth in laboratory operations and proactively established quality office.
vice president (2003 to 2008)
- provided mission-critical leadership for $900m/year operation comprised of 5,000 employees spanning three major divisions: national security; energy, transportation, and environment; and health and life sciences.
- strategically realigned staffing structure to significantly improve operations.
professional experience continued yyyyyy x. yyyyyy, page 2 of 2
- appointed as member of three operations committees which served battelle advisory boards.
- researched and identified legacy and potential environmental liabilities and instituted risk mitigation program to ensure compliance with applicable regulatory requirements.
- proactively devised sustainability program and launched multi-year implementation plan.
program manager (1999 to 2003)
- spearheaded full-scope operations for $400m decontamination, decommissioning, and deconstruction program with accountability for hazard/risk assessment and mitigation plans, project implementation plans, and management of 150 employees and subcontractors.
- formally awarded for operational excellence by vice president for reducing program costs and accelerating project schedule.
- proficiently cultivated extremely cohesive partnerships and alliances to complete project six years ahead of schedule.
program / department manager (1996 to 1999)
- led program activities within pantex plant project office in amarillo, texas, seamlessly driving unified efforts among federal and state regulatory agencies, the public, and trustees for all technical aspects of environmental remediation and site restoration program.
- identified $3m cost avoidance through successful negotiations with texas regulators.
- earned $905k performance incentive fee under cost-plus-award-fee (cpaf) contract.
- demonstrated excellent communication skills in holding monthly meetings for citizens groups, state and local regulators, and news media to discuss issues and provide program status updates.
prior roles include senior research scientist at battelle locations in ohio and illinois.
mba degree, west texas a&m university
ms, engineering, the ohio state university
bs, engineering, the ohio state university
professional training / leadership workshops:
- prosci change management certification c managing the people side of change
babson executive education c leadership and influence
balanced scorecard collaborative c mapping strategy using the balanced scorecard
battelle c battelle strategic leadership and diversity programs
the osterio group c corporate governance (assurance) and risk management
dupont c safety management leadership
kellogg school of business c negotiation strategies for managers
wharton school of management c mergers and acquisitions
center for creative leadership c leader laboratory and leadership development
national groundwater association american nuclear society american society for quality
Remember: Hire Us To Write YOUR New Resume
And We GUARANTEE That If You’re Not Working In 60 Days Or Less,
We’ll Revise Your Resume, Refund Your Money,
AND Give You $50 EXTRA!