Performance-driven Controller eager to contribute comprehensive accounting, finance and
project management skills toward supporting the employer in optimizing results.
Proficiency in accounts payable & receivable, cash management, general ledger, financial reporting/statements, budgeting, journal entries, reconciliations, and SOX compliance. Highly structured and systematic professional who consistently adheres to established rules, regulations, policies and procedures. Advanced documentation, organizational, problem solving, and research skills. Highly collaborative; thrive on achieving and sustaining outstanding levels of customer satisfaction. Excellent computer skills include Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint), SAP, MAS500 and QuickBooks.
- Project-managed upgrade from MAS90 to MAS500 and subsequent migration from MAS500 to SAP.
- Championed planning, coordination and conversion from COPS billing system to IMEX Ops system.
- Precisely defined and implemented proper controls for Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) compliance testing.
- Served as active member of acquisition team for Finance based on exceptional talents in cost control and budget administration.
- Strategically controlled financial risk to company by thoroughly evaluating potential new client credit; held full authority for granting/denying credit.
Pitney Bowes, Inc., Newark, NJ 2004 to 2010
World Distribution Services (acquired by Pitney Bowes), Elk Grove Village, IL 1992 to 2004
Assistant Controller (2003 to 2010)
- Steered full-scope financial management functions inclusive of SOX compliance testing, account/bank reconciliations, monthly/quarterly/annual closing, journal entries, and preparation and analysis of monthly P&L reports and Balance Sheet.
- Accurately calculated and prepared quarterly commissions for sales team.
- Applied dynamic leadership talents toward managing, mentoring and supervising Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable and Billing personnel.
- Generated monthly reports for sales department and monitored financial performance related to annual sales quotas.
- Fostered, nurtured and maintained exemplary vendor relations, approved new vendor set-up, and authorized purchase requisitions.
- Demonstrated sharp attention to accuracy in verifying rate increases, reviewing and approving credit memos, and swiftly resolving billing discrepancies.
General Manager of Accounting (1997 to 2003)
- Spearheaded complete spectrum of accounting operations including vendor management, sales reporting and commission payments, and collections for $12M in receivables.
- Successfully and consistently maintained 35 Days Sales Outstanding.
- Effectively maintained 30-day pay terms for all vendors.
- Reviewed and decisively approved new vendor set-up and expeditiously reconciled all vendor invoices and payments.
Prior Roles with World Distribution Services include Billing Manager (1994 to 1997) and Accounting Clerk (1992 to 1994).
Hiring Agent Name
I am currently seeking a challenging career opportunity in a finance leadership capacity and am submitting my resume for your review. In advance, thank you for your time and consideration.
I bring to you a seasoned background in directing and performing a wide range of financial management activities, proven expertise in controlling, tracking and reducing company expenses, and outstanding capabilities in seamlessly orchestrating technology conversions and upgrades in support of accounting and finance operations. To complement these qualifications, I offer polished analytical, communication, vendor relations, and technical skills which are paramount in accounting and financial management.
As a proactive contributor to your organization, you will find me to be a driven and meticulous professional and stellar leader committed to supporting you in achieving your objectives through superior performance, prudence, integrity, and initiative. I am confident that I could be a valuable asset to <INSERT NAME OF ORGANIZATION>, and look forward to interviewing with you in the near future.
Yyyyyy x. yyyyyy
Remember: Hire Us To Write YOUR New Resume
And We GUARANTEE That If You’re Not Working In 60 Days Or Less,
We’ll Revise Your Resume, Refund Your Money,
AND Give You $50 EXTRA!