results-oriented professional with solid knowledge of management and best practices for the related business context. perform daily functions and requests according to appropriate internal policies and procedures. demonstrate a commitment to continuous improvement, to include the use of contemporary applicable technology. bilingual in german and english.
customer service / teambuilding & leadership / public relations / retail
personnel relations / human resources / professional development & training
written & verbal communication / merchandising
walgreens, cleveland south region
assistant manager, 04/2007 c present
support the efforts of 5 different stores in the akron/cleveland area including a store rollout from the ground up. demonstrate service skills leading to recognition for positive performance reviews all 3 years with the company. provide customer service by greeting and assisting customers, and responding to customer inquiries and complaints. direct and supervise employees engaged in sales, inventory-taking, reconciling cash receipts, or in performing services for customers.
- monitor sales activities to ensure that customers receive satisfactory service and quality goods.
- inventory stock and reorder when inventory drops to a specified level.
- instruct staff on how to handle difficult and complicated sales.
- hire, train, and evaluate personnel in sales or marketing establishments, promoting or firing workers when appropriate.
- assign employees to specific duties.
- examine merchandise to ensure that it is correctly priced and displayed and that it functions as advertised.
beau's grille, akron/fairlawn hilton, akron, oh
server, 03/2006 c 04/2007
ensured every guest entering into restaurant is acknowledged properly and greeted warmly. stood as the front interface to guests and recognized importance of demonstrating a professional gesture and polite behavior within this dining facility associated with a 4-star hotel.
- assisted in sitting the guests when they arrived, took their orders, and serve food and beverages, cleared used cutlery and replaced table settings when guests leave.
- provided polite service to customers, recommending daily specials and beverages.
- checked with customers to ensure that they are enjoying their meals and took appropriate action to correct any complaints or requests.
crowne plaza - quaker square hotel, akron, oh
server/bartender/line cook/baker, 09/2003 c 03/2005
inspected food preparation and serving areas to ensure observance of safe, sanitary food-handling practices. turned or stirred foods to ensure even cooking; seasoned and cooked food according to recipes or personal judgment and experience.
- observed and tested foods to determine if they have been cooked sufficiently, using methods such as tasting, smelling, or piercing them with utensils.
- weighed, measured, and mixed ingredients according to recipes or personal judgment, using various kitchen utensils and equipment including regulating temperature of ovens, broilers, grills, and roasters.
- baked, roasted, broiled, and steamed meats, fish, vegetables, and other foods; washed, peeled, cut, and seeded fruits and vegetables to prepare them for consumption.
intern, 06/2003 c 08/2003
bachelor of fine and applied arts, communications, 08/2006
3.5/4.0 cum laude)
university of akron, akron oh
associate of applied business, hospitality management. 08/2004
university of akron, akron oh
study abroad c dresden, germany
- intermediate writing and speaking ability of the german language
Remember: Hire Us To Write YOUR New Resume
And We GUARANTEE That If You’re Not Working In 60 Days Or Less,
We’ll Revise Your Resume, Refund Your Money,
AND Give You $50 EXTRA!