~ Seeking nursing opportunity where excellent clinical, interpersonal and communication skills will provide an immediate and positive impact to a patient-focused hospital or medical clinic. ~
Adept in health promotion and education, and in caring for patients across the age spectrum.
Proficient in communicating with multidisciplinary health care team members to steer cohesive efforts and optimize safety and quality of care.
Exhibit a collaborative work ethic and a friendly personality which facilitates immediate trust with patients of all ages, cultures and backgrounds.
Extremely versatile and easily adapt to new roles, responsibilities, technologies, and hospital units or environments.
Reputation for problem solving skills, leadership attributes, and ability to work under stress.
Reliably assess complex situations to make swift and accurate decisions in time-sensitive environments.
6 years of experience in caring for elderly Parkinson s patient; administer medications and nutrients via tube feeding, assist with daily living, and administer PEG care treatments.
Practicums, 2004 to 2007:
Palo Alto Veterans Hospital, Palo Alto CA
Medical-Surgical Preceptorship (120 hours)
Proficiently performed total patient assessments inclusive of neurologic, cardiovascular, respiratory, gastrointestinal, genitourinary, IV site lines, PICC lines, and CVP lines.
Leveraged excellent organizational skills to facilitate admissions, discharges and transfers, update patient status in medical charts, and participate in multidisciplinary team efforts.
Kaiser Permanente Hospital, Santa Clara, CA
- Provided bedside care to pre- and post-operative patients and maintained care plans.
- Conducted physical assessments, administered medications and IV fluids, inserted Foley catheters and nasogastric feeding tubes, and diligently monitored recovery process.
Santa Clara Valley Medical Center, San Jose, CA
- Demonstrated exemplary interpersonal skills in providing patient education for wound care, infection control, and proper usage of incentive spirometers to improve lung functioning.
- Provided direct patient care to pre- and post-operative orthopedic patients via monitoring of vital signs, EKG, phlebotomy, catheterizations, bowel programs, feeding tubes, IV and central lines.
- Tracked, interpreted and documented lab values and test results.
Yyyyyy x. yyyyyy ~ Page 2 of 2
Professional Experience (Santa Clara Valley Medical Center) continued
Labor & Delivery, Postpartum
- Provided education to parents about newborn care and breast-feeding, and closely monitored health of mothers and babies.
- Conducted full-scope new baby assessments to identify or rule out problems or complications.
- Autonomously provided quality nursing care to patient population under 18 years of age by conducting well-child visits, treating acute and chronic stable illnesses, performing tube feedings, and monitoring ventilated infants in Neonatal Intensive Care Unit.
Crossroads Village, San Jose CA
Partnered with physicians, counselors and therapists to maximize quality and results of care.
Employed first-rate communication skills to establish rapport with clients resistant to treatment.
Community Health, San Jose, CA
- Exercised strong multi-tasking expertise to independently provide broad-scope nursing care to home-bound patients, with an emphasis in wound care, chronic disease management, patient education, and referrals to community services.
- Administered physical assessments for mothers and Denver exams for children at patients home.
Bachelor of Science in Nursing, San Jose State University, San Jose, CA
Bachelor of Arts in Biology, San Jose State University, San Jose, CA
California Board of Nursing License #757893
Basic Cardiac Life Support Certification
Senior Manufacturing Technician, Life Technologies, Foster City, CA, 1999 to Present
Associate Process Engineer, Aplex Incorporated, Sunnyvale, CA, 1997 to 1999
Chemistry Technician, Allied Signal, Santa Clara, CA, 1995 to 1997
PACU Nursing Assistant, Good Samaritan Hospital, San Jose, CA, 1992 to 1995
Hiring Agent Name
I am currently seeking a challenging career opportunity in a nursing capacity and am submitting my resume for your review. In advance, thank you for your time and consideration.
As demonstrated in the accompanying resume, my professional qualifications include a Bachelor s Degree in Nursing, broad-based clinical experience, and considerable strengths in collaborating with multidisciplinary health care team members. To complement this background, I offer exemplary critical thinking, organizational, prioritization and documentation skills vital to succeeding as a Registered Nurse.
As an employee, you will find me to be a driven team player committed to supporting you in achieving your objectives through superior performance. I am confident that I could be a valuable asset to your hospital, and look forward to interviewing with you in the near future.
Yyyyyy x. yyyyyy
Remember: Hire Us To Write YOUR New Resume
And We GUARANTEE That If You’re Not Working In 60 Days Or Less,
We’ll Revise Your Resume, Refund Your Money,
AND Give You $50 EXTRA!