numerous years of experience in global product management, with expertise in the fragrance and flavor industry. ~ extensive background in product development, strategic sourcing, international purchasing / manufacturing, contract negotiation, sales and marketing, business development, cost controls, and client relations. ~ solid record of leading established and start-up companies to increase productivity, sales, and bottom-line profits while achieving advantageous market positioning. ~ demonstrated ability to build strategic alliances and develop key client relationships. ~ successfully recruit, train, and lead top-performing interdisciplinary support teams. ~ dynamic communication, presentation, negotiation, and relationship management skills. ~ sharp analytical aptitude and business acumen; expertly identify and capitalize on opportunities to penetrate and develop highly competitive markets.
career path & key achievements
trilogy fragrances / royal aromatics / aromatics international llc, lakewood, nj 2002 c present
executive vice president
- grew sales by more than 366% over last three years to generate $3.5m in revenues for 2009; created and developed natural and organic fragrance lines including greenscents, organex, safescents, and cleanscents products accounting for more than $750k in sales this year.
- successfully coordinated multiple mergers and acquisitions to strategically boost profits, increase market share, and position proprietary brands as leaders in the natural and organic fragrance development industry.
- increased ytd sales from 2003 to 2004 by 45% through the negotiation of an exclusive agreement between royal aromatics and aromatic international.
- negotiated the sale of aromatic international to royal aromatics in 2005, and then the sale of royal aromatics to citrus and allied essences ltd. in 2006; as president and equity partner, doubled product sales and launched china-based operations.
- conducted comprehensive review of asia pacific purchasing operations for takasago, the 6th largest fragrance and flavor company in the world; introduced process improvements resulting in 30% increase in productivity.
- boosted indonesia-based djasula wangi export sales by $1.2m with the development and implementation of a global marketing plan for their specialty fragrance and flavor ingredients.
international flavors & fragrances, hazlet, nj 1999 c 2002
vice president, category director c global strategic sourcing group
- returned to company to apply strong business administration skills toward instituting numerous cost controls and process improvements responsible for driving corporate profitability; additionally selected to serve as a senior member on integration team following the acquisition of bush, boake and allen.
- recognized by barron s insert publication name for creating specific commodity sourcing groups responsible for saving $120m in savings on $1.2b in raw material purchases globally per year.
- reduced cost of goods sold (cogs) by $30m by instituting an rfp process, reducing supplier base, consolidating product lines, streamlining purchasing functions, and re-negotiating supplier contracts.
adrian s.a., eatontown, nj 1998 c 1999
corporate vice president / director of global sales & operations
- increased annual sales by more than 137% to $9.5m with $750k in gross profits as the corporate vice president responsible for us operations of this leading french fragrance and flavor ingredient manufacturer.
- led all business development efforts and effectively transformed company from a start-up to a major player in the us market; established sales and marketing plans that tapped into previously neglected market segments.
- cultivated strong client relationships with major industry players, including p&g, colgate, and iff; deployed innovative cost reduction initiatives including smi and consignment stock programs.
yyyyyy x. yyyyyy page 2
international flavors & fragrances, hazlet, nj 1981 c 1998
vice president & corporate director of purchasing (1991 c 1998)
corporate director of purchasing (1984 c 1990)
material analyst / systems administrator (1981 c 1984)
- in recognition of outstanding performance, steadily progressed within company to attain position entrusted with managing $320m in annual global purchases.
- achieved annual savings of $15m by developing direct sourcing initiatives, eliminating middlemen, and forging alliances with farmers and manufacturers worldwide; additionally implemented sap and led 12-member sap materials management team resulting in direct savings of $1.1m through enhanced productivity levels.
~ additional experience ~
monmouth university, west long branch, nj insert year c present
adjunct professor of business, evening school
st. john s university, new york, ny insert dates
associate professor of business, evening school
j.c. penney company, corporate headquarters, new york, ny insert dates
assistant buyer, hard lines division
~ publications ~
update: organic personal care standards p&f magazine, april 2006; additional articles in 2007, 2008, and 2009
natural fragrance ingredients - trends and developments p&f magazine, nov./dec. 2004
all that is good gci magazine, april 2004
baruch college, new york, ny
master of business administration in marketing
bachelor of business administration in marketing management
~ professional affiliations ~
member c steering committee, natural products association personal care standards committee
member c import/export committee, fragrance materials association
member c board of directors, monmouth center for vocational rehabilitation
member, international federation of essential oils and allied trades (ifeat)
member, organic trade association
member c zicklin school of business graduate alumni association, baruch college
Remember: Hire Us To Write YOUR New Resume
And We GUARANTEE That If You’re Not Working In 60 Days Or Less,
We’ll Revise Your Resume, Refund Your Money,
AND Give You $50 EXTRA!