yyyyyy x. yyyyyy
0000 xxxxxx xxxx , xxxx , xxxxx 00000
xxx-xxx-xxxx • email@example.com
proficient manager eager to contribute purchasing expertise as well as strong food industry skills toward actively supporting an organization in maximizing performance.
- respected manager offering 18 years of solid and progressive food industry purchasing experience, including expertise within contract management, vendor relations and customer service capacities.
- in depth experience negotiating pricing on protein products for inventory and contracts.
- oversee all activities related to procurement of material, from intent to purchase through delivery of products.
- skilled in analyzing market and delivery conditions in the determination of present and future material availability/price and prepare market analysis reports.
- actively solicit and maintain suppliers that provide high quality products and services at competitive prices.
- adept at blending strong decision-making abilities with outstanding organizational skills, solid leadership attributes, and successful interpersonal relationship-building techniques.
commodity manager ii avendra, llc. 2009-present
- sharp business acumen and experience managing high-volume purchasing operations, cost-efficiently purchased processed meat products worth over $109m a year.
- actively maintained all contracts for all purchased products, while also managing 10 vendor partners.
owner/operator jtl services, llc. 2008-2009
- successfully operated a pump repair service, specializing in air/water pumps for aerobic septic systems.
strategic sourcing leader carlson restaurants worldwide 2007-2008
- spearheaded the purchasing of beef, pork, poultry and seafood products for tgi friday s, pickup stix, and company hotels, worth over $52m a year in protein items.
- effectively managed over $4.5m in combined savings and market avoidance for 2008 contracts in up markets.
- responsible for managing 28 vendor partners, efficiently replacing 3 inefficient suppliers that lowered quality complaints by 66%.
senior commodity purchasing manager brinker international 2004-2007
- strategically drove all purchasing operations of pork, poultry, seafood, and oil products worth over $310m annually, for clients including chili s, macaroni grill, on the border, and maggiano s
- cost-effectively managed purchasing and facilitated productive vendor relationships with 35 vendor partners to achieve competitive pricing and boost bottom-line profitability.
- actively supervised an assistant buyer, while maintaining contracts for all purchased products and developing product strategies.
plant manager national steak & poultry 1996-2004
- drove all operations for a 65,000 square foot processing plant, producing portion controlled beef and poultry in excess of $100m annually.
- responsible for supervising 2 shift managers, 12 supervisors and 200 team members in all production operations.
- oversaw inventory control functions, ensuring necessary product levels were in-stock and stored in accordance with company regulations.
supervisor/plant superintendent tyson foods 1993-1996
- effectively hired, trained and directed 5 supervisors and 175 team members and actively collaborated in human resource operation functions such as overseeing the production of cooked protein items on 5 production lines.
quality assurance associate iowa beef processors 1992-1993
- served on the safety committee, while also performing quality assurance checks on all products.
bachelors of science in agriculture economics oklahoma state university 1987-1992
Remember: Hire Us To Write YOUR New Resume
And We GUARANTEE That If You’re Not Working In 60 Days Or Less,
We’ll Revise Your Resume, Refund Your Money,
AND Give You $50 EXTRA!