detail-oriented, considerate educator with creative ability that easily transfers to subjects such as biology, spanish, english (9th /10th), math, physical education, and special education. specific experience teaching elementary and high school learners and continued success in various education environments with autistic, developmentally delayed, learning disabled, mentally retarded and on grade level students. offer well-developed communication and leadership skills with outstanding capacity to mentor students. strong classroom management and staff training talents, able to direct multiple tasks effectively and master emerging technologies. technological competencies include software.
creative lesson planning / group discussions / integration of technology
student motivation / math strategies / language tools
m.ed. in curriculum and instruction, university of phoenix, 2007
bs in liberal studies; minor in child development, california state c fullerton, 1992
- teaching certification, california state c fullerton, 1993
teacher, zion s academy, paradise, utah, 1999 - 2000
- delivered courses pertaining to history concepts, and to the application of original and standardized reading techniques to enhance comprehension, grammar, and speaking abilities.
- adapted teaching methods/instructional materials to meet students' varying needs and interests.
- collaborated with administrators in the development, evaluation, and revision of curriculum.
- established clear objectives for all lessons, units, and projects and communicated those objectives to students.
substitute teacher, anaheim union high school district, anaheim, california, 1990 - 1994
- delivered relevant instruction in biology, spanish, english (9th /10th), math, physical education, and special education.
- collaborated with lead teachers to introduce balanced programs of instruction and demonstrations that provide opportunities to observe, question, and investigate.
- assisted in student preparation for achievement tests and interpreted results to determine student strengths and areas of need.
- conferred with parents or guardians, teachers, counselors, and administrators to resolve students' behavioral and academic problems.
- instructed students individually and in groups, using various teaching methods such as lectures, discussions, and demonstrations.
- maintained accurate and complete student records as required by laws, district policies, and administrative regulations.
member, 2007 to present - land trust committee and thomas
edison charter school
academic enhancement chairman, 2005-2007 - parent organization thomas edison charter school
- organized the spelling bees, geography bowls, geography bees, talent fairs, science fairs, read across america programs
<title, name of hiring manager>
<name of school district>
<city, state, zip>
dear <courtesy><last name>,
my passion for shaping the minds and cerebral abilities of students is what drives me to understand that i would be a valuable asset to your institution. therefore, to follow is my r sum in support of my pursuit for the position of <position> at <school or district name or company>. experience teaching students in lower grades and high school, merged with my educational accomplishments has properly prepared me for this respective position. i have a master of education degree in curriculum and instruction along with a bachelor of science in liberal studies with a minor in child development. performing above expectation comes natural for me as i have discovered that an ambitious drive leads, often times, to successes.
my teaching style is ever-changing. i am continually adapting and growing to best meet the needs of my students. it is imperative that, as an instructor, i get to know their strengths, interests, talents, and ways in which they learn. learning occurs through hands-on activities, real-life experiences, and the use of manipulatives. i resolve to teach my students where they are academically and take them as far as they can go. my goal is to influence as many students as possible with my optimistic attitude, which serves as the catalyst for dynamic student performance. in a perfect world, all students perform well, and as idealistic as this may seem, i consistently go above and beyond to realize this goal one student at a time. appreciating the value of learning differences guides me in encouraging students to realize their own value and develop into confident scholars despite any learning difficulties.
my intent is to remain a motivating, goal-oriented educator, devoted to using a structured learning environment to make a categorical difference in the lives of students. an ability to create an atmosphere conducive to active learning and exploration is my specialty. i remain dedicated to students social, educational, and life-skill development by providing an interactive learning environment. i lead by example when i motivate students to overcome obstacles and reach their full potential using age-appropriate, creative and exciting lessons, intriguing manipulatives, and positive reinforcements. it never seems to be difficult to establish positive relations with students and colleagues with diverse backgrounds, based on my dynamic interpersonal and communication skills.
in conclusion, i invite more conversation about how my qualifications and teaching experience will contribute positively to your institution s academic performance. thank you for your time and consideration. i look forward to hearing from you at your earliest convenience.
yyyyyy x. yyyyyy
Remember: Hire Us To Write YOUR New Resume
And We GUARANTEE That If You’re Not Working In 60 Days Or Less,
We’ll Revise Your Resume, Refund Your Money,
AND Give You $50 EXTRA!