yyyyyy x. yyyyyy
1627 21st place se email@example.com
xxxxxx, xxxxxx xxxxxx (xxx-xxx-xxxx
solutions / results-driven engineer and meticulous it professional with 10+ years of project management, program planning, team building, systems engineering, and technical experience looking to obtain an it management position with a dynamic and progressive organization.
expertise in managing all phases of project delivery life cycle for complex federal and private projects c from initial needs analysis and negotiation through project development and completion. proven background in developing and managing strategic plans, projects, goals, policies, budgets, and process improvements while utilizing cutting edge technology for experimental data analysis, numerical, and statistical problem solving. demonstrated ability to introduce cost controls and process improvements that boost bottom-line corporate profitability. adept at aggressively managing multiple simultaneous projects with diplomacy and tact under tight deadlines. fully bilingual in english and french.
~ core competencies ~
it systems engineering ~ executive consultation ~ complete network construction ~ project & program management ~
technical systems support ~ systems security management ~ business analysis ~ statistical data analysis ~
six sigma methodologies ~ process improvements ~ database management ~ sharepoint administration ~
data recovery administration ~ web programming
~ technical proficiencies ~
environments: unix solaris, linux, windows 2000, 2003 server and xp/vista, ms exchange, dos
technical: server/pc maintenance and troubleshooting, help desk, hardware/software installation and configuration, programming and coding
applications: visual basic, visual interdev, microsoft office suite (word, excel, powerpoint, access, outlook, one note), ms project, active directory, minitab statistical software, quest nds migrator, novell, windows grep, tivoli, action request (remedy), toad, business objects, microsoft web application stress tool
netcentrics, arlington, va 2006 c present
senior systems engineer c department of defense, us army
- expertly manage all aspects of systems development and administration, information security, and technical assistance operations supporting more than 10,000 windows xp/vista users with both classified and unclassified designations; additionally provide on-demand support to sharepoint, citrix, and virtual machine users.
- determine specifications and design systems accordingly, oversee testing, manage integration, develop risk management and mitigation strategies, and author detailed documentation.
- ensure proper functioning of more than 250 websites and servers, manage web enclaves behind firewalls in a dmz, install iava patches to protect against potential security risks, and maintain site and server analyses for external developers.
- create and manage sql accounts and databases, monitor workstations and user accounts in the active directory, and troubleshoot any sql 2000/2005-related issues.
hewlett-packard, xxxxxx, xxxxxx 2006
senior support it specialist c united states postal service
- successfully provided a full range of technical support services to employees in an xp\2003 office and exchange environment; also assisted with blackberry configuration and issue resolution.
- installed and configured software, oversaw vpn/prn and proxy configuration, managed virus mitigation efforts, conducted sms and gpo checks, performed troubleshooting and root cause analysis procedures, and trained end users on data management and software programs.
internosis, inc., greenbelt, md 2005
technology consultant / it analyst c defense finance & accounting service (dfas)
- played integral role in the safe, accurate, and timely migration of data from novell to active directory; reviewed and analyzed share and security permissions, edited documented technical implementation procedures.
yyyyyy x. yyyyyy page 2
hunters professional services, inc., upper marlboro, md 2004 c 2005
information systems specialist c us army ncr-doim
- delivered knowledgeable and efficient technical support and training for more than 1000 windows nt/2000/xp users experiencing issues with operating systems, software programs, and peripherals; maintained and analyzed customer information through the use of varied applications.
- acquired and installed equipment, supported front end migration of user accounts and computers to new domain, and created and managed email accounts and workgroups.
vance international companies, silver spring, md 2003 c 2004
computer security specialist c united states department of treasury, bureau of engraving and printing
- entrusted with monitoring and operating network computers, maintaining appropriate levels of network access for developers and programmers, collaborating with system security investigation team to identify and resolve security incidents, and providing technical support and assisting with recovery operations.
ajilon consulting, rockville, md 2001 c 2003
analyst / programmer c mci (2003)
- contributed to server consolidation and capital-avoidance redeployment activities c created databases, queries, reports, and coding; validated and prepared vendor-supplied data files for import into a remedy/oracle database.
analyst / programmer c nextel (2001 c 2002)
- supported transfer of data to new customer tracking system, provided user technical support, and assisted audit analyst team in reconciling and cleaning up data to improve productivity and revenue generation.
hunters professional services, inc., upper marlboro, md 2000 c 2001
web programmer / consultant
- participated in $750k overhaul of website for non-profit organization and provided regular status updates to executive management; revamped appearance and functionality, enhanced site security, and served in a help desk capacity.
- initiated all programming using visual basic to retrieve and post information from the database, determined site bottlenecks with microsoft web application stress tool, and documented and updated test plan procedures for testing interactive pages from the site.
motorola a.c.c.e.s., elma, ny 1997 c 1999
process engineer / team leader
- managed major projects emphasizing process improvements and cost controls; led highly productive team of 25 sensor group operators and technicians to consistently complete projects within established schedule.
- achieved approximately $350k in annual savings with the design of experiments to determine root causes of molding defects, made product recommendations resulting in annual cost savings of $10k - $12k per product, and trained end of line operators in manufacturing quality electronic automotive components (qs 0000 xxxxxx xxxx , xxxx , xxxxx 00000 certified organization).
state university of new york, buffalo, ny
master of science in engineering
bachelor of science in chemical engineering; mathematics minor
~ credentials ~
secret security clearance (active), u.s. government department of treasury, department of defense
mba workshop, center for management and organizational effectiveness (cmoe)
six sigma green belt ~ certified project manager ~ certified business analyst
~ professional development ~
preparation for pmp project management designation exam ~ process flow diagrams ~ research benchmarking ~
vm ware (vcp) ~ design of experiment ~ technical writing ~ public speaking / presentation skills ~
total quality management (tqm) ~ cause and effect diagrams ~ team building / brainstorming
~ professional affiliations ~
member, american society for quality (asq) ~ member, project management institute ~
former president & treasurer, toast uss club c toastmasters international
Remember: Hire Us To Write YOUR New Resume
And We GUARANTEE That If You’re Not Working In 60 Days Or Less,
We’ll Revise Your Resume, Refund Your Money,
AND Give You $50 EXTRA!