Innovative and analytical PhD Candidate eager to contribute excellent academic background, technical proficiencies, and research experience toward supporting the employer in achieving goals and objectives.
Keen interests and acumen in bioinformatics, software architecture, research and development, computational biology, and computer programming.
Solid ability to conduct independent scientific investigations, formulate experimental hypotheses, analyze and interpret scientific data, and prepare comprehensive reports of findings.
Reliable and discreet; able to appropriately handle confidential and sensitive information.
Proficiency in developing and designing algorithms in support of machine learning initiatives.
Extremely resourceful and perform a thorough, systematic and quality-focused job in all endeavors.
Polished multi-tasking abilities; effectively balance competing priorities.
Ph.D. in Computer Science (in progress), The University of Kansas, Lawrence, KS, anticipated completion Dec. 2010, Current GPA: 4.0
Research Interests: Machine Learning, Bioinformatics, Computational Biology, Software Architecture, Parallel & High Performance Software Architectures/CUDA
Research/Dissertation Focus: "A Machine Learning approach to functional network detection in cells from microarray gene expression data sets"
Upsilon Pi Epsilon Computer and Information Sciences Honor Society
Excellence in Teaching GTA Award
ICONIP 2006 Conference Student Travel Grant
Graduate School Student Presenter Grant
M.S. Degree in Computer Science, California State University, Fullerton, CA, 2004
GPA: 4.0, Phi Kappa Phi Interdisciplinary Honor Society
B.S. Degree in Computer Science & Mathematics, Evangel University, Springfield, MO, 1998
Biola University, La Mirada, CA, 2001 to 2005
Programmer / Analyst
- Spearheaded development, support, and maintenance of university s financial aid, telecommunications, purchasing, alumni relations, and store/inventory systems while providing critical assistance with human resources, campus safety, and finance applications.
- Seamlessly transitioned systems custom code base from HP-3000 mainframe to modern UNIX platform.
- Merged excellent communication skills with interpersonal abilities to train end users in new system.
- Wrote SQL reports and diligently administered quality assurance throughout all projects.
Iowa Foundation for Medical Care, West Des Moines, IA, 2000 to 2001
Programmer / Analyst
- Proactively determined requirements and specifications for enhancements and new applications, wrote software programs, generated reports, and formulated databases.
- Developed and supported large Visual Basic-client/Oracle-server project for daily use by team of 20.
- Authored multiple applications ranging from Access/VBA to 3-tier VB/ADO projects and ActiveX controls, and leveraged outstanding analytical abilities to research, document and resolve defects.
Cerner Corporation, Kansas City, MO, 1999 to 2000
- Collaboratively analyzed and determined enhancements and modifications to existing applications.
- Maintained and optimized three major Visual Basic programs in assigned product line.
- Effectively enhanced existing front-end (GUI) applications and back-end script programs, and thoroughly facilitated quality assurance to ensure code aligned with specifications.
- Devised reports and back-end scripts containing complex SQL queries to efficiently retrieve and manipulate data in enterprise-wide Oracle database systems.
EECS 268 Programming II, Advanced C++ Programming, 2010
EECS 138 Introduction to C++, 2007 to 2010
EECS 128 Introduction to Computer-Based Information Systems, 2006 to 2007
Department for Clinical Research Informatics, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, MD, 2007
IEEE and IEEE Computer Science Society
Bilingual (German & English)
Identification of Genes Involved in the Same Pathways Using a Hidden Markov Model-based approach, Bioinformatics, 22(25), pp. 2945-2954, 2009.
Sixth International Conference on Machine Learning and Applications - A Statistical Algorithm to Discover Knowledge in Medical Data Sources, icmla, pp. 537-540, Sixth International Conference on Machine Learning and Applications (ICMLA 2007), 2007.
Comparison of One-Class SVM and Two-Class SVM for Fold Recognition , LNCS, Vol. 4233, Springer Verlag, Berlin, 2006.
A Statistical Algorithm to Discover Knowledge in Medical Data Sources , International Conference on Machine Learning Applications (ICMLA) 2007.
Comparison of One-Class SVM and Two-Class SVM for Fold Recognition , International Conference of Neural Information Processing (ICONIP) 2006.
Hiring Agent Name
I am currently seeking a challenging career opportunity in a bioinformatics/research capacity and am submitting my CV for your review. In advance, thank you for your time and consideration.
As indicated in the accompanying CV, I bring to you a PhD in Computer Science to be attained this December, outstanding capabilities in machine learning, exceptional talents in independently conducting research projects, and sharp technical/programming expertise with proven strengths computer architecture. To complement these qualifications, I offer well-honed troubleshooting, documentation, prioritization, and communication skills.
As a proactive contributor to your organization, you will find me to be a self-motivated, creative and inquisitive professional and stellar leader committed to supporting you in achieving your objectives through ingenuity, integrity, and dedication. I am confident that I could be a valuable asset to your company, and look forward to interviewing with you in the near future.
Yyyyyy x. yyyyyy
And We GUARANTEE That If You’re Not Working In 60 Days Or Less,
We’ll Revise Your Resume, Refund Your Money,
AND Give You $50 EXTRA!