highly skilled medical professional with career longevity and a proven foundational knowledge of working within nursing home settings and with geriatrics, but very qualified and able to transfer a long list of competencies including certification in medical terminology, icd-9 coding, data entry, insurance verification as hands- on experience in general office practices. multi-tasking ability, attention to detail and customer service skills that produce undeniable results.10+ year s practical experience in medical billing and coding with current prospects to complete the certification exam april 2009. technical competencies include: (software?? or other languages??)
westerly health center, westerly, rhode island, 1997 c 2009
medical records /supply coordinator, 2002 c 2009
- compiled, processed, and maintained medical records in a manner consistent with medical, administrative, ethical, legal, and regulatory requirements of the health care facility.
- processed, maintained, compiled, and reported patient information for health requirements and standards, to document condition and treatment, and to provide data for research or cost control and care improvement efforts.
- consulted classification manuals to locate information about disease processes.
- held accountable for purchasing, budgeting, and stocking of all nursing and specialty supplies for a100-bed facility
- entered data, such as demographic characteristics, history, and extent of disease, diagnostic procedures, and treatment into computer.
- identified, compiled, abstracted, and coded patient data, using standard classification systems and icd-9 coding.
- planned, developed, maintained, and operated a variety of health record indexes and storage and retrieval systems to collect, classify, store and analyze information.
- processed patient admission and discharge documents.
- protected the security of medical records to ensure that confidentiality is maintained and release information to persons and agencies according to mcr/mcd/hippa regulations.
- resolved or clarified codes and diagnoses with conflicting, missing, or unclear information by consulting with doctors or others or by participating in the coding team's regular meetings.
- reviewed records for completeness, accuracy, and compliance with regulations.
- transcribed or drafted medical reports, treatment orders, and medication administration records.
certified medication technician, 1999 c 2002
- executed clinical duties such as taking and recording vital signs and medical histories, preparing patients for examination, drawing blood, and administering medications as directed by physician.
- authorize drug refills and provide prescription information to pharmacies.
- greet and log in patients arriving at office or clinic.
certified nursing assistant, 1997
- observed patients' conditions, measuring and recording food and liquid intake and output and vital signs, and reported changes to professional staff.
- performed clerical duties such as processing documents and scheduling appointments.
- turned and repositioned bedridden patients, alone or with assistance, to prevent bedsores.
- worked as part of a medical team that examines and treats clinic outpatients.
- provided basic patient care under direction of nursing staff including feeding, bathing, and dressing, grooming, or moving patients, or changing linens.
- explained medical instructions to patients and family members.
- maintained inventory by storing, preparing, sterilizing, and issuing supplies such as dressing packs and treatment trays.
- selected to work within the recently opened skilled/rehabilitation unit and acquired specialized training to work closely with physical, occupational, and speech therapy.
chariho adult education, wood rive junction, rhode island, 1999
- certificate, medical office procedures
data entry, icd-9 coding, transcription, insurance verification, routine office procedures (typing, filing, telephone skills, customer service)
new england gerentology academy, providence, rhode island, 1999
- certificate, state approved medication technician certification course
dispense medications, knowledge of generic and pharmaceutical medications (effects, routes of administration, as well as possible contraindications and possible allergy concerns)
r.i. health care administration, warwick, rhode island,
seminar: strategies for hippa compliance, march 26, 2002
3 ce units earned
american academy of professional coders, warwick, rhode island
seminar: icd-10-cm update, october 30, 2002
1.5 ce units earned
<<first name>> <<last name>>
<<street address, suite #>>
<<city, state zip code>>
dear <<courtesy>> <<last name>>,
please accept my genuine interest in offering your organization my 15+ years of solid practical medical assisting, records management, and leadership experience. as a certified nurse s aide, i am confident that i currently possess the experience and motivation that you seek to fill your current vacancy.
in consideration of the <position> position, please note that my core competencies are far-reaching. my background includes supporting other healthcare professionals in the efficient facilitation of daily tasks and ensuring clients receive premium service and care. additionally, maintaining accurate and up-to-date patient files, summaries, and reports has been a significant portion of my regular duties. it is often my responsibility to interact directly with physicians, nurses, and patients alike.
further, my experience supporting medical facility operations by leveraging my ability to quickly respond to any deficiencies in performance in order to reduce any risk of mistake or injury to a patient. as a result, instances of mishap are non-existent under my watch. both because i am a dynamic leader and because i advise others to be dynamic leaders as well. team building and cohesiveness among myself and my peers, leads to a great environment where everyone is free to perform at an optimal level.
the opportunity to meet with you to discuss how my background and qualifications meet your needs would be most welcome. you may contact me at your convenience as i look forward to hearing from you soon. thank you very much for your consideration.
yyyyyy x. yyyyyy
Remember: Hire Us To Write YOUR New Resume
And We GUARANTEE That If You’re Not Working In 60 Days Or Less,
We’ll Revise Your Resume, Refund Your Money,
AND Give You $50 EXTRA!