Dedicated IT Professional eager to contribute exceptional technical support, networking, and customer service skills toward supporting a progressive organization in optimizing productivity and performance.
Meticulously achieve and maintain unparalleled responsiveness to critical business needs, ensuring first-rate customer satisfaction through continued communication and cooperation.
Strong experience in Lotus Notes administration, network administration, PC repair, helpdesk operations, data center operations, spyware/virus removal, and system upgrades.
Exemplary capabilities in scrutinizing, diagnosing and rectifying complex technical errors and issues.
Excellent communication, problem solving, and documentation skills; highly dependable, function well under pressure, and can work without supervision.
Skilled at installing, configuring, fine-tuning and maintaining hardware, software, and peripherals, deploying effective technology solutions, and facilitating strong end user relations.
Combine veracity, well-developed prioritization skills, and a team player work approach toward consistently meeting or exceeding employer/client expectations.
Extremely versatile; easily master new roles, responsibilities, technologies and environments.
Adept at network performance tuning and optimization and applying disaster recovery strategies and contingency plans to safeguard business-critical information.
Operating Systems: Windows XP/NT/2000/95/98/Server 2003, Active Directory
Network Applications: Domino Fax Server, Lotus Pager Gateway, Lotus Sametime Server
Client/Server Applications: Microsoft Exchange Server, Microsoft Systems Management Server (SMS), Microsoft Live Communications Server 2005, Microsoft Rights Management Server (RMS), Lotus Notes
Networking: TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP, WINS, Internet Mail Routing, web hosting, network cables, Cisco devices (hubs, switches, etc.), firewalls, VPN
Software: Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), Adobe Acrobat Reader, Norton Antivirus including Corporate Edition, McAfee Antivirus, Symantec Backup Exec
Web Servers & Applications: Microsoft IIS, Lotus Domino Server, Apache/Tomcat, HTML
Superior Technical Resources, NY, 2009 to Present
Helpdesk Analyst C 7-11/NEC
- Provided quality technical support to 7-11 convenience stores throughout United States and Canada with an emphasis in maintaining Windows Server 2003, wireless access points, routers and switches used in conjunction with store devices to enable sales, ordering, and inventory functions.
- Ensure continuous functioning of POS (point of sale) registers and connectivity with server.
- Swiftly and decisively route support calls to software/hardware teams for cases requiring specialized troubleshooting and/or servicing.
Professional (Superior Technical Resources) Experience continued Yyyyyy x. yyyyyy ~ Page 2
Helpdesk Analyst C U.S. Dept. of Health and Human Services
- Applied dynamic analytical talents toward supporting computer equipment for Department of Health and Human Services.
- Performed password resets, installed software, and resolved issues related to email accounts for office locations across Washington, DC, Rockville, Maryland, and San Francisco, California.
- Expeditiously logged tickets into Peregrine Service Center ticket system and SRMS system and routed to field technicians where appropriate.
- Used Altiris/Carbon Copy as needed to provide support remotely.
Four Points Media Group/KUTV2, Salt Lake City, Utah, 2007 to 2009
Leveraged keen organizational skills to steer daily IT operations inclusive of Active Directory servers, DNS and DHCP management/maintenance, software updates, and technical support.
Replicated Active Directory to servers in Rhode Island, Florida and Texas.
Performed tape backups of Active Directory servers, file server, and various application servers used by news department.
Demonstrated exceptional project management capabilities in installing and maintaining workstations at news stations spanning three states.
Flexibly supported Macintosh computers located primarily within Arts/Graphic department.
Configured test Linux server environment using Novell's SUSE Linux operating system.
TecServ Inc., Salt Lake City, Utah, 2006 to 2007
- Spearheaded network support and administration for clients in diverse industries and locations.
- Exercised sharp multi-tasking abilities to install, analyze, configure, test and troubleshoot workstations, servers, Active Directory, firewalls, etc.; installed antivirus updates and patches as required to protect clients from network intrusion, spam and malware.
- Provided consultative guidance to clients regarding procurement of new software and hardware.
- Set up and maintained DNS and DHCP protocols for clients.
Overstock.com, Salt Lake City, Utah, 2005 to 2006
Help Desk Technician
Performed broad-scope technical support encompassing operating system installations, setting up Active Directory, troubleshooting Outlook email issues, configuring Verisign and RSA VPN tokens, and repairing software/hardware problems for IBM and Dell PCs.
Assisted and coached staff in using Outlook Web Access for remote login and viewing of email.
Configured and modified Exchange accounts in Active Directory as requested and utilized Alloy Software for helpdesk ticket management.
Partnered with Network Operations Center to scrutinize network latency and optimize uptime for personnel, vital to ensuring business continuity.
Utah College of Massage Therapy, Salt Lake City, Utah, 2002 to 2004
MIS Help Desk Technician
- Expertly supported workstations for seven campuses across four states, extensively performing software installations, administering email servers, installing virus protection software, and maintaining Microsoft SMS for workstation/network management.
Account Manager, Companion Technologies, Midvale, UT, 2001 to 2002
Laptop Technician, PC Elite Systems, Salt Lake City, Utah, 2000 to 2001
Lotus Notes Administrator, American General, Nashville, TN, 1999 to 2000
Product Analyst /Sr. Customer Service Rep, Shared Medical Systems, Salt Lake City, UT, 1996 to 1999
Hiring Agent Name
I am currently seeking a challenging career opportunity in an IT capacity and am submitting my resume for your review. In advance, thank you for your time and consideration.
As indicated in the accompanying resume, I bring to you solid experience in steering onsite and remote helpdesk operations, proficiency in customer service, significant talents in troubleshooting and analysis, expertise in networking, and a strong ability to complete project initiatives within expected timelines. To complement these qualifications, I offer polished critical thinking, multi-tasking, and end user relations skills which are essential in a <insert job title/position> role.
As a proactive contributor to your organization, you will find me to be an industrious professional committed to supporting you in achieving business goals and objectives through an impressive work ethic and dependability. I am confident that I could be a valuable asset to your company, and look forward to interviewing with you in the near future.
Yyyyyy x. yyyyyy
Remember: Hire Us To Write YOUR New Resume
And We GUARANTEE That If You’re Not Working In 60 Days Or Less,
We’ll Revise Your Resume, Refund Your Money,
AND Give You $50 EXTRA!