~ Hard-working Accounting Professional with solid A/P, vendor relations, and payroll expertise eager to contribute extensive talents toward supporting a dynamic organization in optimizing bottom-line performance. ~
Proficiency in accounting functions spanning accounts payable (A/P), reconciliations, sales and purchase ledgers, vendor statement analysis, invoice processing, journal entries, and payroll administration.
Reputation as a dedicated, structured and systematic professional with polished planning, documentation, problem solving, and communication skills.
Computer skills include WordPerfect, Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook), AS400, SOS, Paychex, Stromberg, SAP, Epicor, eBackOffice, QuickBooks, and Lotus 123.
Solid knowledge of fixed assets, general ledger, aged receivables, bank reconciliations, cash flow, balance sheet preparation and analysis, and income statements.
Well-versed in federal and state tax laws.
Saints Joachim & Anne Nursing Home, Brooklyn, NY, 2010 to Present
- Perform broad-scope accounting functions with a constant eye on ensuring accuracy, regulatory compliance, and efficiency.
- Omit sales, local and state taxes from bills in support of tax-exempt corporation.
- Match, batch, code and post batches into purchase ledger, and closely review and analyze payable purchase ledger and cash disbursement report to identify and rectify errors.
- Apply dynamic organizational skills toward preparing fixed asset depreciation and expense reports, reconciling spreadsheet expense report to general ledger, and administering weekly check disbursements for accounts payable and resident funds.
- Diligently process disbursement for independent contractors, 1199 (union), consultants, employees and vendors.
- Prepare 1099 annual income reports and maintain documentation of W9 forms.
- Review, verify and reimburse employees for travel and-related expenses.
- Sort and pay residents bills from individual personal checking accounts.
- Maintain cooperative and effective vendor relationships; review vendor statements to expedite timely payments, respond to and resolve disputes and discrepancies, and submit credit applications to new/potential vendors.
Yyyyyy x. yyyyyy C Page 2 of 2
Professional Experience continued
- Maintain up-to-date employee W4 forms and meticulously match, code, and post invoices.
- Administer biweekly payroll for 300+ employees, proficiently processing 1199 SEIU dues as well as deductions for political action, pension plans, credit union, child support, and garnishments.
- Research, calculate and apply taxes for manual payroll checks.
- Oversee employee benefits administration, process third-party sick pay, and substantiate employee timecards.
Aries Global Logistics, Franklin Square, NY, 2008 to 2009
Accounts Payable Coordinator
- Spearheaded A/P operations inclusive of reviewing vendor statements, processing invoices, managing A/P filing system, and reconciling errors in payable ledger report.
- Contributed sharp computer skills toward updating payables and receivables spreadsheets on a monthly basis, facilitating weekly check runs, and inputting monthly depreciation expenses into fixed assets spreadsheet.
- Analyzed and ensured monthly expense report data aligned with general ledger.
Automobile Club of New York, Garden City, NY, 2006 to 2008
Accounting Clerk (A/R & A/P)
- Demonstrated exemplary multi-tasking expertise in updating spreadsheet for monthly aged receivables, processing credit card charges and cash receipt from daily sales, preparing manual invoices, and reviewing and processing charge backs and refunds for customers.
- Maintained journal entries for monthly interest on loans in receivables system and meticulously reconciled monthly sub-ledger amortization report to general ledger.
- Actively participated in month-end bank reconciliations requiring excellent attention to detail and accuracy.
- Audited and maintained inventory each month, essential to controlling budget and P&L.
B.S., Accounting, York College, 2009
A.S., Business Administration, Nassau Community College, 2006
And We GUARANTEE That If You’re Not Working In 60 Days Or Less,
We’ll Revise Your Resume, Refund Your Money,
AND Give You $50 EXTRA!