criminal justice professional
results-focused criminal justice professional with 14 years law enforcement experience, 12 years of police experience, 2 years of corrections experience, and 2 years security experience. eager to contribute expertise toward supporting a progressive organization in optimizing operational performance. experienced in leadership in both general supervision and teambuilding with a strong ability to relate to staff, management, and upper-level staff.
criminal investigation personnel management law enforcement
narcotics/illicit substances professional development sexual offenders
decision making conflict resolution prioritization skills
surveillance firearm qualification report preparation
criminal justice history
liberty township police department, youngstown, oh
police officer, 2002 c present
- head up a variety of undercover operations within the detective bureau which led in the arrest and prosecution of targeted suspects.
- remain a leader in enforcing dui laws and regulations and performed the most apprehensions leading to prosecution of dui offenders.
liberty local schools, youngstown, oh
school resource officer, 2008 c present
- encourage a safe environment for students, staff, and administrators for 3 schools including the elementary, middle, and high school.
- implemented the triad model when engaged in common law enforcement tasks, student counseling, and law related education.
- demonstrate knowledge of functions during emergency situations including quad training for rapid deployment in the schools for active shooters, emergency lockdowns, emergency evacuations, and k-9 searches for potential drug activity.
- participate in community and external safety programs as an intervention specialist and liaison with multiple other organizations.
cuyahoga falls police department, cuyahoga falls, oh
uniformed patrol officer, 1999 c 2002
- obtained and analyzed information on suspects, crimes, and disturbances in order to solve cases, to identify criminal activity, and to gather information for court cases.
- provided testimony as a witness in court to traffic crimes, burglaries, assaults, and drug offenses.
- wrote reports and case summaries to document investigations and analyzed completed police reports to determine what additional information and investigation is needed.
- examined records and governmental agency files to find identifying data about suspects.
- noted, marked, and photographed location of objects found, such as footprints, tire tracks, bullets and bloodstains, and took measurements of the scene.
- mastered ohio and ohio revised code, and federal, state, county, and city ordinances and laws.
- obtained facts or statements from complainants, witnesses, and accused persons and record interviews and obtain summary of incident from officer in charge at crime scene, taking care to avoid disturbing evidence.
page 1 of 2
page 2 of 2
ohio state university, columbus, oh
security officer, 1998 c 1999
- secured the ohio state university medical center including reporting and investigating road accidents, road conditions and other unlawful activities.
- managed entry and exit to medical buildings including tracking intrusion alarms and responding to emergencies in all areas of hospital buildings especially the emergency room.
- conferred with irate and belligerent patients and engaged in physical restraint when necessary.
portage county sheriff's office, ravenna, oh
deputy sheriff, 1996 c 1998
- drove vehicles or patrolled specific areas to detect law violators, issue citations, and make arrests.
- executed arrest warrants, locating and taking persons into custody.
- investigated illegal or suspicious activities.
- notified patrol units to take violators into custody or to provide needed assistance or medical aid.
- served statements of claims, subpoenas, summonses, and jury summonses, orders to pay alimony, and other court orders and civil process.
- transported or escort prisoners and defendants en route to courtrooms, prisons or jails, attorneys' offices, or medical facilities.
corrections officer, 1994 c 1996
- completed prisoner roll calls, escorts, and lockdowns of inmates.
- handled a variety of duties including booking inmates into the inmate population and generating comprehensive reports.
- directly supervised inmates in a pod system operation with ratios of prisoner to officer as high as 48 inmates to 1 officer.
ohio police officer s training certification, 1996
mtc training center, niles, ohio
graduated in top part of class
related sources: crime scene investigation, case law, firearms training, self defense training, accident investigation, defensive and high speed pursuit driving, cultural diversity training, search and seizure and rules of evidence training.
bachelor of arts in criminal justice, 1994
ohio dominican university, columbus, ohio
graduated cum laude; 3.6/4.0
- opota certification in report writing
- adap certification (advanced detection apprehension and prosecution) of dui offenders.
- bac (blood alcohol content) machine certification c dui offenders
- state certified school resource officer (ohio), 2008
- state certified in the aed (automated external defibrillator) and cpr
- interviewing and interrogation training
- seminars: safe neighborhoods and gang violence, identity theft, and critical incident training for the mentally disabled.
flag football instructor for middle school students; baseball coach, 8- to 10- year-old boys
collaborated with children services to provide care to children who have been abused or neglected.
<<first name>> <<last name>>
<<street address, suite #>>
<<city, state zip code>>
dear <<courtesy>> <<last name>>,
it is with great confidence that i offer my years of experience and strong ability in law enforcement, corrections, security, and criminal justice. as i pursue the <<position title>> within <<company name>>, i recognize that my credentials and experience would greatly assist your organization in reaching future goals and objectives.
i am seeking a position within a fast-paced environment that can utilize and enhance my criminal justice expertise comprised of investigation, law enforcement, research, and needs analysis. additionally, i have acquired experience in crime scene investigation, case law, firearms training, self defense training, accident investigation, defensive and high speed pursuit driving, cultural diversity training, search and seizure, and rules of evidence training. in addition to my ability to coordinate other professionals, i am certain that my proficiency in leadership, along with my ability to communicate with internal and external team members, external stakeholders, and upper management would be an asset to your team.
most of my career has consisted of completing operations of a complex, interrelated, and interdependent nature, where unknowns and numerous contingency factors are involved. with this experience, i formulate policies and procedures relevant to daily operations based on information of a conceptual nature from varied and complex sources.
i am an efficient team player who can be depended on to roll up my sleeves when the going gets rough. i bring to the table exceptional organizational, time management and problem solving skills and a proven capacity for meeting company objectives and demands with a high degree of tenacity. coupled with a flair for efficiency and ability to critically evaluate situations, i feel confident that i have what it takes to hit the ground running and strengthen your organization.
if you feel there is a mutual interest, i would welcome the opportunity to meet with you to learn more about your organization, the requirements of the position, and how my qualifications would be a good fit.
thank you in advance for your time and consideration. i look forward to hearing from you soon.
yyyyyy x. yyyyyy
Remember: Hire Us To Write YOUR New Resume
And We GUARANTEE That If You’re Not Working In 60 Days Or Less,
We’ll Revise Your Resume, Refund Your Money,
AND Give You $50 EXTRA!