seasoned electrician with 15+ years of experience installing, maintaining, and repairing electrical wiring, equipment, and fixtures and ensuring that work is in accordance with relevant codes. quickly advise subordinates on whether continued operation of equipment could be hazardous. mastery in connecting wires to circuit breakers, transformers, or other components. professionally direct and train others in installing, maintaining, or repairing electrical wiring, equipment, and fixtures. technical competencies include comptia a+, network + and server + for computers; windows server mcse 2003.
radio/electronic officer (ara union) december 2001-present
- examine malfunctioning radars, radios, navigational systems, communication systems, and data acquisition systems equipment to locate defects such as loose connections, broken wires, or burned-out components, using schematic diagrams and test equipment.
- test emergency transmitters to ensure their readiness for immediate use and ensure that equipment functions such as signal strength and quality, transmission capacity, interference, and signal delay, using equipment such as oscilloscopes, circuit analyzers, frequency meters, and wattmeters.
- calibrate and align components, using scales, gauges, and other measuring instruments.
- insert plugs into receptacles, and bolt or screw leads to terminals in order to connect equipment to power sources, using hand tools.
- install, adjust, and repair stationary and mobile radio transmitting and receiving equipment and two-way radio communication systems.
- monitor radio range stations to detect transmission flaws and adjust controls to eliminate flaws.
- mount equipment on transmission towers and in vehicles such as ships.
- remove and replace defective components and parts such as conductors, resistors, semiconductors, and integrated circuits.
- repair circuits, wiring, test batteries, using hydrometers and ammeters, and charge batteries as necessary.
- adjust receivers for maximum sensitivity and transmitters for maximum output.
merchant marine oct 1995 c present
what were your duties???
woods hole oceanographic, woods hole, ma
electrician, july 1997- december 2001
- performed installation, maintenance, repair, and replacement of marine electrical (ac/dc) motors, controllers, generators , cranes, lighting, and gallery equipment.
- troubleshot problems, provide recommendations for problem resolution for lips azimuthing stern thrusters and lips retractable bow thrusters.
- engaged in consistent customer contact, parts ordering and follow-up.
- constructed, installed, and repaired electrical equipment and facilities ashore and on board institution vessels including dynamic positioning, diesel-electric main propulsion (scrs), and provided ross hill scr training.
- traced, identified, and corrected malfunctions and failures a great variety of commercial and marine electrical circuitry.
- assisted, as required, in design work for electrical installations and constructed required units.
- developed material lists required for work and prepared requisitions for approval.
- worked with electrical meters and tools, mechanic's hand and power tools, drill press, power saws, sheet metal tools, heavy equipment (forklifts, crane cars, and overhead cranes) and ship's electrical equipment and machinery.
united states navy
senior chief petty officer
- educated 250 students in basic electricity and electronics class.
- involved in auto propulsion system school (scrs, plcs), elevator repair school, and headed up preventive maintenance program, and ship repair.
- repaired and maintained various ships from aircraft carriers to small landing crafts including distribution systems, generators, motors and controllers, and engine controls.
- coded for rewinding motors
- appointed engineering officer of the watch.
additional experience in the united states navy
licensure & certification
- fcc 1st class radiotelegraph operator license
- gmdss operator / maintainer license(radar endorsement)
- merchant marine radio officer license
- secret clearance
- sea survival
- personal safety and social responsibilities
- first response and cpr
- marine stcw 95
- refrigerant and hvac
hiring agent name
i am currently seeking a challenging career opportunity within your organization and as a result, i submit my resume for your review. i would like to thank you in advance for your time and consideration. throughout my career, i have used my knowledge of electrical installation, maintenance, and upgrade duties in various environments. as an electrician for the past 15+ years, project management has become a significant portion of my professional knowledge. in building relations with co-workers and those i train, it is imperative to incorporate my thorough knowledge of how to gauge and understand system functionality prior to selecting the appropriate channel of action.
as demonstrated in the accompanying resume, my professional qualifications include managing and leading employees, handling multiple projects, and standing in a leadership role that results in my subordinates and peers consistently acknowledging me for a job well done. throughout the years of my career, my experiences reveal an ambitious, committed professional who quickly responds to the needs of users and my employer. this is the type of experience and initiative to succeed i would like to bring as a member of your team.
as an employee, you will find me to be a driven team player committed to supporting you in achieving your objectives through superior performance. i am confident that i could be a valuable asset to your team, and look forward to interviewing with you in the near future.
yyyyyy x. yyyyyy
Remember: Hire Us To Write YOUR New Resume
And We GUARANTEE That If You’re Not Working In 60 Days Or Less,
We’ll Revise Your Resume, Refund Your Money,
AND Give You $50 EXTRA!