Technically-savvy and energetic professional with significant training, project management, and facilitation expertise eager to join REI as a Senior Training and Development Specialist.
Extensive background in design, implementation and evaluation of technology-based training solutions. Skilled at directing programmers in creating web and database products; highly familiar with HTML, XML, ASP, and .NET technologies. Proven ability to align learning strategies with company direction and values. Advanced understanding of adult learning and adept at determining how workplace learning approaches can best be leveraged to drive business growth and success. Proficiently create technology-enabled learning solutions to meet precise employee and business needs. Comprehensive knowledge of instructional design process and e-learning trends. Seamlessly collaborate with subject matter experts.
Developed policies, procedures and e-learning tools to roll-out BlackBoard software to tenured and adjunct faculty.
Recognized by Center for Digital Education as 3rd place winner nationwide for web re-design efforts.
As former Project Manager at AccessLine Technologies, consistently achieved customer satisfaction ratings of above 90%.
Instrumental in Egghead Software earning recognition as one of Top 100 departments to work with in American Society of Training and Development survey.
One of 16 people chosen for inclusion in Egghead Software s President's Club for two consecutive years as a result of exhibiting leadership and customer service excellence.
Pioneered development of Egghead Software Quick Start Kit, first of its kind module-based distance education product for retail, corporate and government sales employees across the country.
Green River Community College C Auburn, Washington, 1999 to 2009
Director, Technology Training and Development
- Spearheaded strategic and procedural planning for campus-wide technology initiatives.
- Employed polished time management abilities to navigate several projects concurrently.
- Applied dynamic leadership talents toward training, mentoring, and managing direct reports, creating training and development plans, and overseeing teaching and learning center operations.
- Fulfilled three-year term as member of Green River Community College s President's Cabinet.
- Participated in executive-level discussions regarding long-term strategic planning and budget analysis and administration.
- Leveraged strong organizational skills to host annual opening day activities for more than 300 faculty members and staff.
- Consistently earned excellent ratings in customer service evaluations and surveys.
Yyyyyy x. yyyyyy ~ Page 2 of 2
Professional Experience continued
- Proactively consolidated 300+ databases to 125 with zero interruption to services, increasing campus productivity and significantly reducing training and storage expenses.
- Led project team of 25+ in developing and implementing college s first intranet site, essential to driving rollout of e-learning initiatives.
- Resourcefully created and introduced new staff and faculty technology training program.
Self-employed C Auburn, Washington, 1991 to 1999
- Planned, developed and delivered broad-scope marketing and training programs to a wide range of corporate clients.
- Assembled, coordinated and presented product training and train-the-trainer seminars.
- Secured clients such as Starbucks Corporate in Seattle, WA, Western Wireless and VoiceStream Wireless in Bellevue, WA, Applied Industrial Technologies in Cleveland, OH, and Chapters Books in Montreal, Canada.
AccessLine Technologies C Bellevue, Washington, 1993 to 1995
Managed, motivated and supervised personnel in developing written, multimedia and online training and promotional materials.
Championed training for 500+ individuals with class sizes ranging from two to 400+.
Initiated new cost-effective employee orientation strategy involving recruitment and training of volunteers to deliver presentations at monthly events.
Introduced style guides that were eagerly adopted by other departments including marketing and human resources.
Established metric-based reporting for internal and external training efforts.
Prior background includes role as Development Project Manager for
Egghead Software in Issaquah, Washington.
Bachelor of Arts Degree, Washington State University C Pullman, WA
PMP Certification (in progress)
Philip Crosby Quality College
National Institute for Leadership Development
Leading Edge Supervisory Skills
Designing Experiential Training Modules
Miller-Heiman Strategic Planning
Hiring Agent Name
Please accept this letter and accompanying resume in application for the Senior Training and Development Specialist Instructor opportunity that is available with REI. In advance, thank you for your time and consideration.
As illustrated in the accompanying resume, I bring to you substantial technical acumen, several years of technology-driven instructional experience, and considerable strengths in assessing post-training delivery data to recommend and implement enhancements. My sound knowledge of concepts, theories and practices related to adult learning, training approaches, program design, and performance measurement will prove immediately beneficial in this role. To complement these qualifications, I ve managed multi-million dollar budgets and offer sharp planning, analytical, team-building, coaching, mentoring and relationship-building skills which are essential to orchestrating successful training and development initiatives.
As a proactive contributor to your organization, you will find me to be a self-motivated professional and stellar leader committed to supporting you in achieving your objectives through integrity and dedication. I am confident that I could be a valuable asset to REI, and look forward to interviewing with you in the near future.
Yyyyyy x. yyyyyy
Remember: Hire Us To Write YOUR New Resume
And We GUARANTEE That If You’re Not Working In 60 Days Or Less,
We’ll Revise Your Resume, Refund Your Money,
AND Give You $50 EXTRA!