Senior-level Accounting Professional eager to contribute exceptional Financial,
Human Resources, and Management expertise toward supporting a dynamic organization in optimizing bottom-line performance.
Strong skills in performing full spectrum of accounting functions encompassing accounts payable and receivable (A/P and A/R), cash management, general ledger, financial reporting/statements, budgeting, journal entries, reconciliations, and payroll.
Constantly demonstrate an unwavering commitment to confidentiality and accuracy.
Proficiency in human resources operations including employee relations, orientation, training and development, compliance, staffing, recruiting, and performance management.
Exemplary documentation, organizational, problem solving, and research skills.
Decisive and highly collaborative; thrive on achieving and sustaining outstanding levels of customer satisfaction.
Versatile and resourceful; quickly master new roles, responsibilities, software and environments.
Baker Hughes North America BSS / Robert Half International, Houston, Texas, 2009 to Present
Spearhead accounting functions for BSS (Business Support Services) division and serve as Team Lead for intercompany accounting issues in Angola.
Expeditiously process individual billing requests for all countries.
Meticulously review, credit, load, print and send invoices for all Angola divisions and prepare intercompany reconciliations inclusive of journal entries and SAP balancing entries.
Leverage strong multi-tasking expertise to manage all processes related to intercompany confirmation process, swiftly resolve intercompany disputes, and provide back-up documentation as needed.
Train, mentor, and supervise new team members and third-party personnel on intercompany processes.
Ziebel U.S., Inc., Houston, Texas, 2007 to 2008
Senior Accountant / Controller
Oversaw all accounting functions for U.S. and Canadian operations inclusive of monthly financial statements, budgets, A/P, A/R, and monthly reconciliations of balance sheet.
Partnered with VP of Operations in preparing bids for projects and precisely tracked spending.
Coordinated and managed human resources activities including benefits administration and payroll for 40 employees.
Leveraged sharp organizational skills to prepare state tax returns, calculate payroll taxes, and assist with annual federal tax return and financial/tax audits.
Yyyyyy x. yyyyyy C Page 2 of 2
Professional Experience continued
Repsol Services Company, the Woodlands, Texas, 2006 to 2007
- Processed intercompany accounts receivables, conducted account analysis and reconciliations with intercompany general ledger accounts, and maintained general ledger chart of accounts.
- Scrutinized internal controls to maximize financial stability and participated in audit fieldwork for both operational and financial audits.
- Effectively prepared balance sheet account reconciliations and monthly/quarterly/yearly accruals.
Louisiana Air National Guard, Belle Chase and New Orleans, Louisiana, 1995 to 2005
Accounting Manager (2001 to 2005)
- Performed and directed broad range of accounting activities such as managing government credit card program, collaboratively devising annual budget, preparing monthly financial statements and internal reports, and verifying/approving payroll for part-time staff.
- Compiled bank statements, reconciled balance sheets, and conducted financial analysis and internal audits.
- Supervised, directed and mentored five accounting analysts.
- Established clear regulations and guidelines for government business card program and enforced compliance.
Human Resource Manager (1999 to 2001)
- Created, implemented, managed and enforced HR policies and procedures while providing critical department leadership and direction.
- Project-managed efforts related to budget administration and financial management.
Human Resource Specialist (1995 to 1999)
- Actively supported HR functions such as recruiting, staffing, new hire orientation, personnel training and development, performance management, and driving regulatory compliance.
MBA in Human Resource Management
Saint Leo University, St. Leo, Florida, 2007
Bachelor of Arts in Psychology
Southern University, New Orleans, Louisiana, 2000
Continuing Education includes 37 hours in accounting classes
Microsoft Office Suite , SAP, Great Plains, Blackline Reconciliation Tool, GAFS, QuickBooks Pro, Hyperion Financial Management (HFM), PeopleSoft, Oracle
Hiring Agent Name
I am currently seeking a challenging career opportunity in a (job title/position) capacity and am submitting my resume for your review. In advance, thank you for your time and consideration.
In addition to excellent academic credentials, I bring to you considerable expertise in HR management, payroll processing, benefits administration, and full-scope financial management. My proficiency in high-level accounting, budgeting and forecasting will certainly prove to be an immediate asset to your company. To complement these qualifications, I offer polished critical thinking, planning, technical, and prioritization skills.
As a proactive contributor to your organization, you will find me to be a driven professional and stellar leader committed to supporting you in achieving your objectives through superior performance, integrity, and initiative. I am confident that I could be a valuable member of <insert name of organization>, and look forward to interviewing with you in the near future.
Yyyyyy x. yyyyyy
I would like to thank you for providing me the opportunity to interview with you and discuss the exciting (title of position applying for) position currently available with your company. Having gained a deeper insight into the job requirements and your objectives, I am confident you will find me a valuable asset in achieving your goals.
As discussed, I am an enthusiastic, disciplined team player eager to launch a successful career as a dedicated member of your staff. I believe you will find my dynamic (list a few skills/qualifications relevant to the position) skills vital to your operations and look forward to contributing to your success.
Should you have any additional questions, or to discuss future employment opportunities, please feel free to contact me at your earliest convenience. Again, thank you for the enlightening interview. I look forward to your response.
Yyyyyy x. yyyyyy
Remember: Hire Us To Write YOUR New Resume
And We GUARANTEE That If You’re Not Working In 60 Days Or Less,
We’ll Revise Your Resume, Refund Your Money,
AND Give You $50 EXTRA!