Results-focused Construction Project Manager eager to contribute broad-scope commercial and residential expertise toward supporting the employer in delivering on-time, on-budget projects.
Offer a decade of experience managing high-end commercial, tenant improvement, and residential construction projects.
Strategically develop schedules to maximize use of human, financial and physical resources and ensure on-time, budget-compliant delivery of projects from launch through completion.
Substantial personnel management experience; direct and guide project team members to perform efficiently, safely, and professionally.
Enforce and ensure strict attention to workplace safety rules, regulations, and procedures.
Proficiency in obtaining approvals and permits from regulatory agencies and facilitating seamless communication and cooperation between clients, contractors, designers, consultants, and vendors.
Excel in developing project scope, administering budgets, and creating all project documentation.
Adept in all phases of pre-construction, contract negotiations, site analysis, and feasibility studies.
Project Management Advisors, Inc., South San Francisco, CA, 2007 to 2009
Spearheaded project management, construction management, and owner representation services varying in scope, complexity and size inclusive of capital improvement, tenant improvement, manufacturing, and clean room and biotech initiatives.
Orchestrated complete project life cycle from initial concept through to timely implementation.
Applied sharp organizational skills toward conducting site visits, preliminary meetings, feasibility studies, due diligence reports and financial analysis for new projects/acquisitions.
Prepared and maintained comprehensive project scopes, budgets, schedules, contracts, monthly draw packages, and financial reports.
Held weekly OAC (owner-architect-contractor) meetings, closely reviewed project documents and ensured compliance across consultants, contractors, subcontractors and vendors.
Oversaw contract completion including punch list, customer sign-off and project close-out.
AGI Capital, San Francisco, CA, 2006 to 2007
- Championed timely and budget-compliant completion of two condominium conversion projects with full accountability for scope, schedule, budget and direction of superintendent, assistant project manager and field personnel.
- Exercised strong prioritization skills in conducting feasibility, zoning and financial analysis for new projects/acquisitions, developing contracts, subcontracts and purchase orders, and generating monthly draw packages.
- Managed marketing, leasing, maintenance and relations with HOA (home owner association) for multiple condominium properties.
- Effectively managed residential and mixed use projects into entitlement/approvals process.
Yyyyyy x. yyyyyy --- Page 2 of 2
Professional Experience continued
Legacy Partners Builders, Inc., Foster City, CA, 2004 to 2006
Assistant Project Manager
- Successfully supported project manager in steering two ~$20M apartment development projects each comprised of 150 residential units, live/work space, ground floor retail space, leasing office, fitness center, pool and spa.
- Led company to receive PCBC Gold Nugget Award for successful completion of The Village at Town Center in El Cerrito.
- Demonstrated excellent administrative expertise in preparing all work scopes, contracts, subcontracts, purchase orders, change orders, submittals, RFIs, schedule updates and monthly draw packages.
- Approved subcontractor change orders, presented owner change orders, and conducted weekly OAC meetings and job walks.
- Supervised crew onsite to ensure quality control, safety compliance, and conformance to plans and specifications.
- Accurately documented and tracked progress in logs, meeting minutes, daily updates and monthly reports.
Tishman Construction Co., San Francisco, CA, 2003 to 2004
- Supported senior project management team throughout development of $100M St. Regis Tower featuring 10 stories of high-end hotel and 10 stories of luxury condos.
- Critically evaluated and processed change order request and submittals from general contractor.
- Assembled and maintained logs and reports to track progress and present to owner.
Shepley Bulfinch Richardson and Abbott Inc., Boston, MA, 2000 to 2003
- Extensively performed computer-aided design and drafting (CADD) to support construction of health care projects at Yale-New Haven Hospital, Bronson Methodist Hospital, Dartmouth Hitchcock Medical Center, and Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center.
- Participated in construction administration, monitored quality control/assurance, and coordinated communication between owners, users, contractors, and consultants.
University of California Berkeley, Berkeley, CA:
Project Management Certificate Program (in progress) GPA 4.0
Construction Management Certificate Program (in progress) GPA 4.0
Urban Land Institute, San Francisco, CA, 2006 to 2009
Graduate Studies, Boston Architectural Center, Boston, MA, 2001 to 2003
Bachelor of Arts in Psychology, Boston University, Boston, MA, Cum Laude 1999
- Psi Chi National Honor Society in Psychology
Meridian Project Talk, Primavera Expedition, Suretrak, Microstation SE and V8 (CADD), Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Photoshop, PageMaker, Filemaker Pro
Hiring Agent Name
I am currently seeking a challenging career opportunity in a construction project management capacity and am submitting my resume for your review. In advance, thank you for your time and consideration.
As indicated in my resume, I bring to you a solid background in project management, seasoned experience in directing multi-million dollar commercial and residential construction initiatives, and outstanding abilities in expeditiously coordinating unified efforts among all project personnel. To complement these qualifications, I offer exemplary communication, planning, interpersonal and prioritization skills which are paramount in project management.
As a proactive contributor to your organization, you will find me to be a stellar leader committed to supporting you in achieving your objectives through superior performance and dedication. I am confident that I could be a valuable asset to <insert name of company>, and look forward to interviewing with you in the near future.
Yyyyyy x. yyyyyy
Remember: Hire Us To Write YOUR New Resume
And We GUARANTEE That If You’re Not Working In 60 Days Or Less,
We’ll Revise Your Resume, Refund Your Money,
AND Give You $50 EXTRA!