Director of Internal Audit eager to contribute extensive talents toward supporting a dynamic organization in optimizing compliance and overall value.
Significant background in auditing, financial management, and regulatory compliance with proven strengths in risk assessment, process optimization, and fortifying internal controls.
Excel in auditing and analyzing a company s operational, financial and technological processes and controls to successfully minimize risk; recently assisted IT management in closing several external audit Management Letter Comments that had been repeated for 5 years.
- Proficiency throughout complete audit life cycle encompassing interviews, working papers, risk assessments, communicating audit recommendations and preparing detailed reports.
- Strong technical acumen including consulting experience in system development and implementation.
- Provide practical, value-added recommendations to improve risk management practices as well as efficiency and effectiveness of business operations.
- Adept at interpreting laws, regulations and statutes, investigating complaints and violations, and conducting in-depth risk analysis.
Turner Broadcasting Systems, Inc., 2007 to Present
Senior Manager of Financial Compliance
Proficiently direct Compliance team and IT management in expeditiously closing long-standing external audit Management Letter Comments.
Manage, motivate, and supervise seven auditors in annual planning for SOX compliance, risk assessment, control testing, and evaluation and reporting of assessment results.
Proactively facilitate meetings to scrutinize internal control deficiencies and assemble remediation plans, and coordinate unified efforts with internal management to monitor plan implementation.
Partner with all Technology groups to monitor and precisely evaluate impact of system and application changes on manual and automated controls as well as overall control environment.
Explore and resourcefully uncover solutions for areas needing improvement and played a chief role in transitioning department from a compliance-focused function to an integrated risk-based function.
Assisted senior management in establishing foundation for a more integrated and enterprise-wide Governance, Risk and Compliance function.
Enhanced process standardization and sustainability of Financial Compliance operations via industry methodologies such as COSO and COBIT.
Southeast Corporate FCU, Tallahassee, Florida, 2006 to 2007
VP of Internal Audit
- Steered Internal Audit department in completion of annual audit plan upon implementation of formal risk assessment process.
- Orchestrated execution of organization s internal audit plan and reported activity monthly to Supervisory Committee.
- Leveraged strong critical thinking abilities to plan objective, nature, timing and scope of internal audit projects based on existing risk environment, regulatory requirements and industry best practices.
- Primary point of contact for regulatory examination personnel; coordinated on-site examinations.
Yyyyyy x. yyyyyy C Page 2 of 2
Professional Experience continued
Gray Television, Inc., Atlanta, Georgia, 2004 to 2006
Director of Internal Audit
- Spearheaded implementation of internal audit function for Broadcasting and Publishing Divisions.
- Project-managed company s internal SOX Compliance initiative.
- Completed IT General Controls testing and review for SOX Compliance project in 2004.
Parson Consulting, Inc., Atlanta, Georgia, 2004
Project Lead C Sarbanes Oxley s Compliance
- Served as local office expert on documentation and testing strategies while thoroughly reviewing COBIT (Control Objectives for Information and related Technology) for SOX compliance.
- Presented with Quality Consulting Award as a result of excellent performance and contributions.
Worldspan, Atlanta, Georgia, 1998 to 2003
Senior Internal Auditor (IT, Financial, and Business Process Review Projects)
- Championed full-scope audit operations encompassing audit plans and programs, field work, audit documentation, presentation of audit results, and opening/exit conferences.
- Won numerous Corporate Spot Awards for exceptional performance.
Arthur Andersen, (outsourced from John H. Harland Company), Atlanta, Georgia, 1995 to 1998
- Oversaw financial and business process review audit projects and provided consultative guidance to management teams in corporate operations re-engineering projects including centralization of operations such as manufacturing and customer service.
- Co-developed quarterly audit committee report.
EMW (contractor for Resolution Trust Corporation of FDIC), Atlanta, Georgia, 1993 to 1995
Audit Supervisor (Program, Operational, and Financial Audits)
- Leveraged significant project leadership talents to direct full spectrum of operational audit team efforts and assist Audit Manager in preparing quarterly audit reports.
- Recognized as Outstanding Audit Team Leader in both 1994 and 1995.
- Completed initial role as General Ledger Manager, successfully accelerating financial reporting processing operations from 15 to 8 working days.
Bachelor of Science Degree in Accounting, Florida A & M University
Keller Graduate School of Management, Columbus State University
PeopleSoft (Financial Systems, Human Resources and Payroll); Oracle Financial Systems; Lawson Financial Systems; Great Plains Financial Systems; Extensity (expense management system); LINK (order processing and tracking system); Automated Pricing Worksheet (tool for financial evaluation of customer contract using Lotus Notes Workflow)
Hiring Agent Name
I am currently seeking a challenging career opportunity in a Director of Internal Audit capacity and am submitting my resume for your review. In advance, thank you for your time and consideration.
I bring to you a substantial background in directing internal audit operations, exemplary expertise in controlling and strengthening corporate and regulatory compliance, and outstanding capabilities in evaluating, testing, streamlining and enhancing internal control processes. To complement these qualifications, I offer polished organizational, analytical, planning, forecasting, and technical skills which are paramount as a <insert job title/position>.
As a proactive contributor to your organization, you will find me to be a stellar leader committed to supporting you in achieving your objectives through superior performance, consummate insight, and well-honed management experience. I am confident that I could be a valuable asset to your company, and look forward to interviewing with you in the near future.
Yyyyyy x. yyyyyy
Remember: Hire Us To Write YOUR New Resume
And We GUARANTEE That If You’re Not Working In 60 Days Or Less,
We’ll Revise Your Resume, Refund Your Money,
AND Give You $50 EXTRA!