~ Dedicated District Retail Sales Manager eager to contribute significant experience and talents toward supporting Theory in optimizing bottom-line performance. ~
Proficiency in all aspects of multi-unit management for retail operations including human resources administration, team-building, staffing, employee development, customer service, P&L, marketing, and promotions.
Adept in selecting quality talent, and motivating, training, mentoring and guiding both management teams and associates to display productivity excellence.
Substantial experience in visual merchandising, strategy planning, and capturing exceptional sales growth.
Decisively analyze and assess regional sales performance to determine and enhance competitive positioning and profitability.
Tenacious and versatile self-starter; devise and implement annual business plans, drive key metrics, and decisively develop action plans to attain all targets at district and store level.
Proven financial acumen; meticulously monitor fiscal status to optimize profitability, cost control, and budget compliance.
Keen organizational, interpersonal, forecasting, problem solving, and communication skills.
Armani Exchange, Los Angeles, CA, 2006 to Present
District Manager, Southern California Sales
- Spearhead sales and business development efforts inclusive of new product roll-outs, P&L, budget administration, and client relations.
- Apply dynamic leadership capabilities toward recruiting, training, coaching and mentoring 62 managers and 800+ sales associates throughout 12 locations.
- On track to exceed $50M in 2009 sales by proactively anticipating and identifying purchasing trends and formulating strategies which support customer demand.
- Groom qualified internal candidates for management opportunities and maintain staff retention rate of 98.4% for 2009.
- Innovatively create and administer peer and leadership workshops to teach business analysis skills and methods.
- Leverage outstanding prioritization, organizational and planning expertise to successfully orchestrate 5 new store openings.
- Foster, nurture, and maintain strong relationships with celebrity clientele, and launch promotional events to draw in traffic and boost sales.
Yyyyyy x. yyyyyy ~ Page 2 of 2
Professional Experience continued
Urban Outfitters, New York, NY, 2004 to 2005
Promoted from overseeing $18M flagship store in New York to assess and increase sales for $15M flagship store in Santa Monica, California.
Effectively coordinated daily business operations with an emphasis on sales maximization, customer service, visual merchandising, inventory control, and training and development of 15+ managers and 100+ personnel.
Adhered to strict budget parameters in administering payroll, determining staffing needs, and devising work schedules.
Achieved 96% score from secret/mystery shopper program and led efforts for California store to rank as most profitable store in company.
Abercrombie & Fitch, 2001 to 2004
Northern New Jersey District Manager, Wayne, NJ, 2003 to 2004
Directed store operations for nine locations in New Jersey and New York generating annual volume of $30M.
Steered full spectrum of human resources activities from recruiting and staffing of store management, to succession planning, performance management, and employee relations.
Trained, coached, developed and motivated at least 30 managers and over 250 sales and support staff.
Closely collaborated with Ohio headquarters to ensure district met merchandise, inventory and safety standards and expectations.
Surpassed company s average in shrink levels and customer service, demonstrating exemplary talents in establishing and accomplishing goals.
Providence District Manager, Providence, RI, 2002 to 2003
- Trained, developed, and led 20+ managers as well as over 200 associates to boost sales and profitability at seven stores in Connecticut, Massachusetts, and Rhode Island, producing $23M.
- Planned, coordinated and executed new store opening by recruiting and developing management and support staff, arranging visual merchandise displays, and assembling store sales plans.
- Provided critical leadership in proper merchandising, loss prevention, budget compliance and employee relations.
- Quickly advanced from role as General Manager of Boston, MA store from 2001 to 2002.
Bachelor of Arts Degree in Economics, University Of Rhode Island, Kingston, RI, 2001
Hiring Agent Name
Please accept this letter and accompanying resume in application for the District Manager opportunity that is currently available with Theory. In advance, thank you for your time and consideration.
In additional to substantial district management experience in the retail industry, I bring to you proven expertise in recruiting and staffing, outstanding skills in sales plan development, and significant abilities in inventory control, forecasting, and developing peak-performing staff and management personnel. To complement these qualifications, I offer considerable organizational, budgeting, analytical, and prioritization skills.
As a proactive contributor to your organization, you will find me to be a self-motivated professional and stellar leader committed to supporting you in achieving your objectives through dedication, resourcefulness, and top-notch performance. I am confident that I could be a valuable asset to Theory, and look forward to interviewing with you in the near future.
Yyyyyy x. yyyyyy
And We GUARANTEE That If You’re Not Working In 60 Days Or Less,
We’ll Revise Your Resume, Refund Your Money,
AND Give You $50 EXTRA!