sales management / forecasting / pos analysis / vendor relations / inventory / p&l
market analysis / pricing /financial management & budgets / data management / buying trends
product knowledge / store layout & design / merchandising / sales coaching & mentoring
extensive experience in the electronic and furniture retail industry with a proven track record in business development, regional management, market positioning, product launches and client acquisition.
long-respected for advanced abilities team building and employee development, establishing high performance teams that consistently exceed sales and customer service objectives.
displays a collaborative work ethic, proficiency in forecasting needs, and a superior level of leadership, adaptability, and initiative.
delivers consistent contributions to elevate sales volume, revenue gains, and market share through exemplary sales management skills.
excels at managing individual districts, championing programs and initiatives that position products within a highly competitive market.
displays superior multi-tasking, communication, analytical, planning, and interpersonal skills.
well-honed multitasking abilities; skillfully balances competing priorities.
technical competencies include• windows 3.1/95/98/me/xp/2003, ms powerpoint, ms outlook express, ms excel and word, ms frontpage, retail manager pos, word perfect, quickbooks, macromedia flash, macromedia dreamweaver, adobe illustrator, adobe photoshop, adobe premiere, and windows 3.1/95/98/me/xp/2003
store manager, 2006 c present
back to sleep mattress, santa clarita, california
- applied an in-depth understanding of budgeting and managing $3mm in inventory combined with strong knowledge of forecasting demand, competition analysis, and product lines.
- created highly effective launch strategies and managed each product launch through to execution, enhancing brand positioning yielding $50-$100k in monthly revenue.
- tracked retail sales at the customer level, forecasting, point of sales analysis, vendor margin inventory matching goals based on sales forecasts, competition comparisons, adjustments, and pricing schedules.
- monitored competitor performance and created and implemented successful sales initiatives and promotional campaigns that generated increased levels of sales and revenue growth.
- demonstrated exemplary leadership attributes in directing business operations efforts in and oversaw all aspects (business, financial, and operations) of an established business.
yyyyyy x. yyyyyy ~ page 2 of 2
- leveraged proven management skills to achieve superior sales results, establishing a successful unit with consistent levels of business growth and overall profitability.
- merged proven motivational and organizational talents to direct sales representatives, establishing key metrics, goals, and objectives that improved store performance and rankings.
- strategically directed the sales operation, utilizing in-depth industry experience to develop high performance teams of sales representatives that consistently exceeded goals and objectives.
- meticulously forged, nurtured, and maintained strong professional relationships with clients, employees, managers and sales representatives, optimizing business performance.
- seamlessly managed the hiring and recruitment function, sourcing quality sales and management candidates that positively impacted company performance.
sales manager, 1998 c 2006
sit'n sleep mattress, gardina, california
- optimized service delivery through decision-making talents, critical thinking skills, and an unwavering drive to excel; selected as #1 manager of the year for 2002 and led a store with $8mm in sales revenue.
- effectively communicated and motivated team members, fostering an atmosphere of teamwork and collaboration with an emphasis goal attainment; deemed the #1 sales consultant for 2001, 2003, and sold $2mm+ for 2004.
- merged solid interpersonal and communication skills to forge, nurture and maintain a strong sales force including scheduling, personnel development, vendor relations, recruiting, and training.
- enthusiastically collaborated with internal colleagues to achieve established merchandising goals and expectations including redesigning floor layout, interior store design, window and in-store displays, and creative merchandising.
- maintained thorough and up-to-date knowledge of inventory management, advertising, and marketing, special events and daily store activities.
- blended integrity, innovative thinking, and leadership attributes to ensure first-rate customer satisfaction.
levits furniture, boca raton, florida
- secured 117% of sales plan for first 6 months of fy1991.
- became the 1st associate in the history of levitz furniture super stores to climb the corporate ladder in just 3 years based on outstanding sales, leadership, and problem solving.
associates degree, los angeles valley college, los angeles ca 1998
- (did this program have a name?) 18 week program - coaching techniques
- 500+ hours of certified electronic, bedding and furniture training from the top leading manufacturers in the country such as simmons, sony, jvc, panasonic, serta, sealy, broyhill, temperpedic, and canon.
<<hiring agent name>>
<<dear mr. / mrs.__________________:>>
i am currently seeking a challenging career opportunity as a <<insert role>> and am submitting my resume for your review. in advance, thank you for your time and consideration.
as indicated in the accompanying resume, i bring you a positive and energetic work approach and an exemplary blend of talents in the areas of sales, market analysis, sales management, client relations, revenue growth, and boosting profit and losses. to complement these qualifications, i offer an unwavering commitment to providing stellar customer service and dealing directly with the public as a front-line company representative, keeping in mind to remain accessible to clients at all times while simultaneously exceeding goals. to date in my career, i have held progressively responsible positions based on a demonstrated ability to meet and exceed established sales goals and manage sales staff.
as a proactive contributor to your company, you will find me to be a driven professional committed to supporting you in achieving your objectives through superior motivational attributes, unparalleled levels of enthusiasm and personal dedication, and strong client relations.
with proven leadership abilities and a demonstrated record of personal success and achievement, i have recognizably improved levels of company and product positioning. i continuously utilize an aptitude to strategically indicate complex problems and review related information to develop and evaluate options and implement solutions. i am confident that i could be a valuable asset to your company, and look forward to interviewing with you in the near future.
yyyyyy x. yyyyyy
<<hiring agent name>>
<<dear mr. / mrs.__________________:>>
i would like to thank you for your time and effort expended during our interview on <<date>>. i am even more convinced that the position you are offering is very much in line with my qualifications. as a store manager and a leader within the retail sale industry, i bring several skills that would enhance the success of your organization.
experience and success managing several staff, budgeting, and building strong client relations combine to produce an effective professional such as myself. as continue on my career path, i sincerely believe that we would mutually benefit from an employer/employee association. feel free to contact me to discuss the next step in joining your team.
thank you in advance.
yyyyyy x. yyyyyy
Remember: Hire Us To Write YOUR New Resume
And We GUARANTEE That If You’re Not Working In 60 Days Or Less,
We’ll Revise Your Resume, Refund Your Money,
AND Give You $50 EXTRA!