Accomplished Contracts Officer eager to contribute negotiating, management, and analytical strengths toward supporting a progressive employer in achieving business goals and objectives.
- Proficiency in procurement, contracts and subcontracts management, budgeting, scheduling, project coordination, materials management, and client relations.
- Significant success in establishing, nurturing and enhancing relationships with Department of Energy (DOE), Department of Defense (DOD), and numerous commercial clients.
- Well-versed in Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR and DEAR), Price Anderson Amendment Act (PAAA), Service Contract Act (SCA), and Davis Bacon Act.
- Exceptional communication, interpersonal, analytical, negotiating and presentation skills.
- Considerable personnel leadership expertise including training, coaching, motivating, performance evaluations, and management.
- Extensive training in contracts negotiation, administration and management, automated procurement systems, performance-based contracting, and commercial item acquisition contract law.
Black & Veatch International Company, Point Lisas, Trinidad & Tobago, West Indies, 2007 to 2010
Contracts Manager / Procurement Manager
- Spearheaded full spectrum of activities associated with field subcontracts as well as corporate-issued civil, mechanical, and electrical subcontracts.
- Exhibited proficiency in change management, expense tracking, cost control, invoice processing, reconciliation, and claims processing.
- Defined project procurement metrics and resourcefully implemented field purchasing program.
State of Montana, Helena, Montana, 2006
- Served as primary point of contact for development, negotiations and awarding of state government contracts.
- Provided critical agency training on contracts management policies, procedures and functions, and relied upon for advanced knowledge of the federal procurement process.
Bechtel Group Inc., San Francisco, California, 1981 to 2005
Key Assignments & Highlights:
DOE Waste Vitrification Treatment Plant Hanford Reservation, Richland, Washington, 2004 to 2005
- Cost-effectively and compliantly administered $75M main plant HVAC design, fabrication, and installation subcontract inclusive of negotiations, change orders and amendments, and presenting progress metrics to management.
- Successfully drove collaborative and cohesive efforts among multiple departments.
- Leveraged excellent leadership talents to oversee subcontractors.
Yyyyyy x. yyyyyy C Page 2 of 2
Professional Experience continued
DOD Space and Missile Defense
Command, Kwajalein, Republic of the Marshall Islands, 2002 to 2004
Project Procurement Manager
- Championed the formation, award, and administration of $40M on-island aviation services subcontract, $230M infrastructure labor and support services subcontract, and numerous banking, travel services, and medical/dental service subcontracts.
- Steered on-island procurement activities, interpreted and executed prime contract administration, and exercised strong communication skills to negotiate subcontract terms and conditions.
- Presented detailed cost scenarios to Base Commander, command staff, and DOD Contracting Officer.
- Conducted in-depth cost/price analysis for Contracting Officer to achieve Defense Contracting Audit Agency approval.
DOE Oak Ridge Operations, Paducah Gaseous Diffusion Plant, Paducah, KY, 1999 to 2002
Project Procurement Manager
Directed, motivated, coached, evaluated and managed six subcontract administrators and two purchasing personnel.
Guided project team in devising procedures, schedules, estimates, forecasts and budgets.
Closely supervised preparation of applicable General and Special Conditions for use on project subcontracts.
Created and delivered informative presentations for clients and project managers.
DOD Keesler Air Force Base, Biloxi, MS, 1998
Field Procurement Manager
- Proactively led on-site procurement activities to swiftly and restore Air Force Base to operational condition following hurricane Georges.
- Applied sharp prioritization skills toward orchestrating development, award, and administration of subcontracts in post-disaster conditions.
- Expeditiously mobilized subcontractors to restore power to Air Force Base, mitigate civil damage, and provide a functional infrastructure for base operations.
- Teamed with base personnel to assess, maintain and optimize security integrity.
DOE Hanford Reservation, Richland, Washington, 1994 to 1998
- Contributed exemplary organizational skills toward adeptly managing formation, award, and administration of broad-scope engineered procurement subcontracts, technical service agreements, and construction subcontracts
- Prepared solicitations, pre-qualified bidders, held pre- and post-award meetings, and assembled summaries and justifications for awards.
- Diligently monitored subcontractor performance to ensure compliance and alignment with specific contract terms and conditions.
- Analyzed and decisively recommended actions involving contract terminations, claims and disputes.
Hiring Agent Name
I am currently seeking a challenging career opportunity in a contract management capacity and am submitting my resume for your review. In advance, thank you for your time and consideration.
As indicated in the accompanying resume, I bring to you a seasoned background in directing full-scope contract administration operations, well-developed expertise in budgeting, procurement and project planning, and a significant ability to motivate and manage highly productive team members. My experience with both government and commercial projects would readily be a valuable asset to any organization seeking a consummate leader. To complement these qualifications, I offer keen communication, prioritization, and negotiating skills which are essential to driving cost-effective and compliant contract and subcontract administration functions.
As a proactive contributor to your management team, you will find me to be an accomplished professional committed to supporting you in achieving your objectives through superior performance, insight, and initiative. I am confident that I could be a valuable asset to <insert name of organization>, and look forward to interviewing with you in the near future.
Yyyyyy x. yyyyyy
Remember: Hire Us To Write YOUR New Resume
And We GUARANTEE That If You’re Not Working In 60 Days Or Less,
We’ll Revise Your Resume, Refund Your Money,
AND Give You $50 EXTRA!