seasoned registered nurse with 12+ years experience and accomplishments in managing other nurses, intra-disciplinary communication, patient education, delegation, supervision of nursing assistants, orientation of new nurses and patient advocacy. customized wound care program and educated other health care professionals as required. vast knowledge in critical care standards and interdisciplinary care planning. excellent written and verbal communication abilities.
nurse - cardiology
ummc c fairview, 05/05 to present
- coordinate with health care team members to assess, plan, implement, and evaluate patient care plans; modify patient treatment plans as indicated by patients' responses.
- assess patient health needs, develop and implement nursing care plans, and maintain medical records while administering care to ill, injured, convalescent, or disabled patients.
- advise cardiology patients with lung/heart transplants, cad, heart failure, arrhythmia, multi-system organ failure and others requiring cardiac monitoring.
- exercise mastery of chest tube, iv, and, lvad management, anti-arrhythmic and cardiac medication administration, blood administration, cvp and ekg monitoring, pacemaker and icd management, tracheotomy and ventilator management, and nasal gastric/enteral feeding management.
st. anthony health center, 10/03 to 05/05
- directed and supervised less skilled nursing and health care personnel and supervised the success of particular departments.
- observed nurses; visited patients to ensure proper maintenance of accurate records.
- assessed the needs of 150 long-term & sub-acute residents, 24 assisted living residents and 124 independent living residents.
- worked with individuals, groups, and families to plan and implement programs designed to improve the overall health of nursing home.
nurse c intensive care unit
abbot northwestern hospital, 06/97 to 03/02
- tended to patients with immediate need for resolution to medical emergencies or those given a critical diagnosis such as craniotomies, respiratory failure, and gi bleeding.
- knowledgeable of hemo-dynamic monitoring, titration of vasoactive medications, chest tubes, blood transfusions, cardiac monitoring, cardio version, defibrillation, pain and sedation management, intraventricular drain management including icp monitoring.
nurse - neurology
- provided state of the art healthcare service patients with brain tumors or aneurysms, craniotomy, stroke, seizure disorder, traumatic brain injury, and meningitis.
- stood as skin resource nurse/staff educator for the treatment and prevention of pressure ulcers.
***additional experience as charge nurse, st. anthony health center***
bachelor of science in nursing (4.0 gpa)
kaplan university, currently pursuing
associate of science in nursing (3.8 gpa)
north hennepin community college, 1994
- registered nurse license, minnesota
- advanced cardiac life support certification
- basic life support certification
- case management certification
And We GUARANTEE That If You’re Not Working In 60 Days Or Less,
We’ll Revise Your Resume, Refund Your Money,
AND Give You $50 EXTRA!