Solutions-focused Electrical Design Engineer eager to contribute technical proficiencies as well as solid project leadership talents toward supporting the employer in optimizing results.
Collaborative, versatile and committed to results; equally strong as a project/team leader or team member.
Consummate skills in flow automation, simulation, circuit design, tool verification, and process automation.
Outstanding blend of critical thinking, troubleshooting, organizational, and prioritization skills.
Adept at partnering with vendors as well as individuals from other disciplines, functional areas, and departments to facilitate and ensure successful project outcomes.
Well-developed ability to analyze and swiftly solve complex engineering problems.
Appreciated for longevity, dependability, and commitment to quality assurance.
Eager to relocate.
ASIC Design, AMS, Assembly, C Shell, Calibre, CeltIC, DesignSync, Embedded Firmware, Hspice, HTML, Linux, Logic Design, Microsoft Office, NanoSim, Perl, ProjectSync, RTL, SKILL, Spectre, Unix, Verilog, VCS, Virtuoso
Medtronic, Inc., Tempe, Arizona and Mounds View, Minnesota, 1998 to Present
Electrical Design Automation Engineer, Cardiac Rhythm Disease Mgmt. Division
- Steer and support schematic capture and transistor-level simulations, while developing robust IC (integrated circuit) design flows and processes for implantable cardiac electrical systems.
- Served as team leader for development and implementation of formalized IC tool flow review process to eliminate data hand-off issues and enhance reliability of IC layout cycle time.
- Spearheaded database conversion within Cadence custom IC design environment, seamlessly cooperating with vendor and team members to expedite successful project completion.
- Exercised sharp analytical thinking abilities to improve design quality by establishing parasitic back-annotation flow from IC extraction tools (Dracula and Calibre) into Spectre and NanoSim simulators.
- Accelerated and automated repetitive tasks and tool interactions in Cadence s custom IC design environment via SKILL programming language.
Yyyyyy x. yyyyyy ---- Page 2 of 2
Professional Experience continued
- Minimize and swiftly respond to tool issues by refining tool verification procedures, creating Perl scripts to automate tool interactions, and partnering with applicable vendors to expedite support as needed within IC design environment.
- Applied dynamic leadership and mentoring talents toward providing training in tool and IC design flow development and optimization.
- Chosen as team leader for de-globalization project to enable power and ground signals to be verified both physically and through simulation.
- Collaboratively fortified library release process to considerably mitigate library issues.
IC Design Engineer, Medtronic Microelectronics Division
- Leveraged a sharp eye for detail to meticulously design broad range of analog and digital circuits used in battery operated systems such as buzzer driver, LCD reference, RS232 interface, and reset control block.
- Reliably functioned as digital test bench and top-level integration lead.
- Exhibited proficiency in Verilog coding, synthesis, static timing analysis of a 16-bit timer, 8-bit bi-directional port, bus interface, memory interface, interrupt controller for a microcontroller, and test mode circuitry.
- Developed and advanced test development of analog and digital circuits through use of Assembly.
- Merged strong communication, interpersonal and listening skills to discuss, negotiate and finalize specifications with customers.
- Effectively and expeditiously resolved all functional issues through outstanding expertise in laboratory evaluations, debugging, and simulation of an IC voltage regulator.
Master of Science in Engineering
Arizona State University, Tempe, Arizona, 2002
Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering
University of Illinois, Champaign-Urbana, Illinois, 1998
Remember: Hire Us To Write YOUR New Resume
And We GUARANTEE That If You’re Not Working In 60 Days Or Less,
We’ll Revise Your Resume, Refund Your Money,
AND Give You $50 EXTRA!